Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Coutinho - Signs for Barca - 142 million

according to this we wouldnt be missing him as much as some imagine.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...tics-barcelona
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    We mustard-gree to disagree here BH.
    I agree with your opinion

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    That's enough now of it now thanks...one thread would be bad enough...but it's gone too far.

For those that missed the add ons

The breakdown in full is as follows:

£18 million for Coutinho’s first 100 matches for FCB - The Spanish club will pay £4.5m at each 25-match interval to total that £18m

£4.5m due if Barca qualify for 2018/19 Champions League - Another £4.5m if they qualify for the 19/20 Champions League

A further £4.5m for winning the Champions League in 18/19 - And £4.5m again if they win it in 19/20

All told, it’s likely to take Coutinho around two-and-a-half seasons to play 100 times for Barca, injuries permitting.

Quote Originally Posted by trinired View Post
    according to this we wouldnt be missing him as much as some imagine.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...tics-barcelona
    "His numbers suggest that Klopp’s side have actually created slightly better chances when Coutinho has not been in the side this season compared with when he has. “It’s a great deal for Liverpool,” he adds. “They haven’t missed a beat when Coutinho has not been playing. Sadio Mané takes up the slack.”

Like I said before, our win rate without him is 71 percent. 44 when he is in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanBro View Post
    "His numbers suggest that Klopp’s side have actually created slightly better chances when Coutinho has not been in the side this season compared with when he has. “It’s a great deal for Liverpool,” he adds. “They haven’t missed a beat when Coutinho has not been playing. Sadio Mané takes up the slack.”

Like I said before, our win rate without him is 71 percent. 44 when he is in the team.
    That's quite a significant figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post

£18 million for Coutinho’s first 100 matches for FCB - The Spanish club will pay £4.5m at each 25-match interval to total that £18m

£4.5m due if Barca qualify for 2018/19 Champions League - Another £4.5m if they qualify for the 19/20 Champions League

A further £4.5m for winning the Champions League in 18/19 - And £4.5m again if they win it in 19/20

All told, it’s likely to take Coutinho around two-and-a-half seasons to play 100 times for Barca, injuries permitting.
    That’s unbelievable business for us, mostly straightforward stuff, and soon too. Cheers for that.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    That’s unbelievable business for us, mostly straightforward stuff, and soon too. Cheers for that.
    We might not get the 9m for them winning the CL, but the rest has to be near enough guaranteed. Makes the fee feel more like 133-142m, which isn't bad at all. If that's correct.

Well that is the owners doing and far more realistic than what Barcelona were proposing which was rumoured to be that Phil had to win 4 Balon D'ors, the Ryder Cup and the X Factor before they paid out. It's very realistic and we will be pocketing cash over the duration of Phils contract. So those saying we're only getting £106 million are deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post

What's VVD's add on structure do you know? Grotton says we only paid 17m up front?

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    Well that is the owners doing and far more realistic than what Barcelona were proposing which was rumoured to be that Phil had to win 4 Balon D'ors, the Ryder Cup and the X Factor before they paid out. It's very realistic and we will be pocketing cash over the duration of Phils contract. So those saying we're only getting £106 million are deluded.
    I haven’t seen anyone say that, GNPR.

Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    We might not get the 9m for them winning the CL, but the rest has to be near enough guaranteed. Makes the fee feel more like 133-142m, which isn't bad at all. If that's correct.
    Yeah, barring the wins it’s money in the bank. No wonder Barca put out that PR bit about us lowering the price, and also that we pulled the trigger now. I particularly enjoy the idea of Coutinho paying 11m himself- even if that’s not true, I’m believing it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    I haven’t seen anyone say that, GNPR.
    Yeh sounds like he's fighting those straw men again, as GNPR often does.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post

Yeah, barring the wins it’s money in the bank. No wonder Barca put out that PR bit about us lowering the price, and also that we pulled the trigger now. I particularly enjoy the idea of Coutinho paying 11m himself- even if that’s not true, I’m believing it anyway.
    It was 11m in wage cuts or something

Good enough. And Suarez buying him a house too I heard, because he’s broke? I’m believing that too btw, don’t care if it’s true.

Maybe it isn’t lower after all, but it’s all coming out of Coutinho's pocket?

Yeah, I don't believe he's physically paying 11m out of his own pocket. It's more likely that it's just lost earnings. Reportedly we'd offered him a big 'bonus' just to stay until the end of the season, that would probably represent a good chunk of it.

Good enough. And Suarez buying him a house too I heard, because he’s broke? I’m believing that too btw, don’t care if it’s true.

Maybe it isn’t lower after all, but it’s all coming out of Coutinho's pocket?
    I hear they’re all buying him food for the next few weeks too. Some of the players aren’t being too generous so it might just be some modest stuff, beans and ****....

I hear they’re all buying him food for the next few weeks too. Some of the players aren’t being too generous so it might just be some modest stuff, beans and ****....
    Tins with no labels on from out of the bargain bucket, bags of broken biscuits...hard times.

Apparently a few of them didn’t even want him, so refuse to help out at all. It’s actually quite a sad story.

He’s down the public clinic with his sore thigh too apparently, the waiting times are scandalous I hear.

Apparently a few of them didn’t even want him, so refuse to help out at all. It’s actually quite a sad story.

He’s down the public clinic with his sore thigh too apparently, the waiting times are scandalous I hear.
    Ofcourse, it makes sense now. Klopp said he’d be ready by the 14th but Barca are saying he’s off for 3 weeks.

Ofcourse, it makes sense now. Klopp said he’d be ready by the 14th but Barca are saying he’s off for 3 weeks.

REALLY hope Bobby just gets on with things now and doesn't sulk about Phil leaving ...

His farewell message that stated "Liverpool no longer the same" better not be some starting point that leads to Firmino wanting out ...

I've had enough of soft *** south American's suddenly acting like Anfield is ******* Alcatraz!

Quote Originally Posted by livrule View Post
    REALLY hope Bobby just gets on with things now and doesn't sulk about Phil leaving ...

His farewell message that stated "Liverpool no longer the same" better not be some starting point that leads to Firmino wanting out ...

I've had enough of soft *** south American's suddenly acting like Anfield is ******* Alcatraz!

My personal opinion

South American players from the early age prefer to go to Spain for its culture it's language it's weather

especially if they could go to Barcelona or Real Madrid as they have such a massive pull for South American players

it's a gamble taking Brazilian players because of that reason

Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    My personal opinion

South American players from the early age prefer to go to Spain for its culture it's language it's weather

especially if they could go to Barcelona or Real Madrid as they have such a massive pull for South American players

it's a gamble taking Brazilian players because of that reason
    Was never something I let concern me in the past ... but it's really starting to become a bit of a pattern now ...

Sure, ANY player can become a target for them ... but when it's also their DREAM to go there, then yeah ... it really is a gamble now.

Was never something I let concern me in the past ... but it's really starting to become a bit of a pattern now ...

Sure, ANY player can become a target for them ... but when it's also their DREAM to go there, then yeah ... it really is a gamble now.
    It's not just Brazilian players though is it? You'll find most players dream of playing for those 2 clubs. Ronaldo wasn't Brazilian, Bale wasn't Brazilian, Alonso wasn't Brazilian, Owen wasn't Brazilian, McManaman wasn't Brazilian, Lineker wasn't Brazilian, Beckham wasn't Brazilian, Modric wasn't Brazilian, Suarez wasn't Brazilian, Mascherano wasn't Brazilian, etc. etc.

It's not just Brazilian players though is it? You'll find most players dream of playing for those 2 clubs. Ronaldo wasn't Brazilian, Bale wasn't Brazilian, Alonso wasn't Brazilian, Owen wasn't Brazilian, McManaman wasn't Brazilian, Lineker wasn't Brazilian, Beckham wasn't Brazilian, Modric wasn't Brazilian, Suarez wasn't Brazilian, Mascherano wasn't Brazilian, etc. etc.
    I'm talking South American ... But yeah, I get your point.

The South American's just LUST after it ... Phil and Suarez fully embraced the dark arts to get their moves.

I'm talking South American ... But yeah, I get your point.

The South American's just LUST after it ... Phil and Suarez fully embraced the dark arts to get their moves.
    Or it just that they were good enough to be wanted by those teams? If Real make it clear Salah is their number 1 target, or Keita in a year's time, I wouldn't be surprised to see something similar happen tbh.

I agree with your point but Spanish clubs tend have more Brazilian players the most leagues

Absolute rubbish!