Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Coutinho - Signs for Barca - 142 million

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulHistory View Post
    I agree with your point but Spanish clubs tend have more Brazilian players the most leagues
    Do they? Would like to see the numbers tbh.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by livrule View Post
    REALLY hope Bobby just gets on with things now and doesn't sulk about Phil leaving ...

His farewell message that stated "Liverpool no longer the same" better not be some starting point that leads to Firmino wanting out ...

I've had enough of soft *** south American's suddenly acting like Anfield is ******* Alcatraz!
    Daft message to post. Liverpool is bigger than Phil.
    And I can't imagine the likes of Barcelona going for Firmino, he's not quite A-list. Doesn't magic goals like Phil can.

Remember, these players are replaceable, and Klopp has a good record replacing star players.

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    There was a list I just researched from a 5 years ago. Spain is no where near the top for Brazilian players. But I can't seem to find a list now.
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

canookiewookie is offline Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    There was a list I just researched from a 5 years ago. Spain is no where near the top for Brazilian players. But I can't seem to find a list now.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...-analysis.html About 5 yrs old but an idea.

Yeah I could be wrong on that apologize

I just think of Seville and few other club who usually have ties too young Brazilian players

Again my personal opinion it's like the old cliche Liverpool or London

That's why I say South American players must prefer Spain over England

Yeah I could be wrong on that apologize

I just think of Seville if you have a club who usually have ties too young Brazilian players

Again my personal opinion it's like the old cliche Liverpool or London

That's why I say South American players must prefer Spain over England
    I guess they prefer Ukraine too?

Quote Originally Posted by canookiewookie View Post
    That was the one I was talking about.

I guess they prefer Ukraine too?
    Yeah like I said I just thought of few Spanish clubs who used to have ties with with young South America players,

Do apologise my brain is not working that great today

It's not just Brazilian players though is it? You'll find most players dream of playing for those 2 clubs. Ronaldo wasn't Brazilian, Bale wasn't Brazilian, Alonso wasn't Brazilian, Owen wasn't Brazilian, McManaman wasn't Brazilian, Lineker wasn't Brazilian, Beckham wasn't Brazilian, Modric wasn't Brazilian, Suarez wasn't Brazilian, Mascherano wasn't Brazilian, etc. etc.
    You make a very good point.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    Absolute rubbish!
    This.

I agree with your point but Spanish clubs tend have more Brazilian players the most leagues

http://eurorivals.net/abroad/brazili...-in-spain.html

The more I think about the sale of Coutinho (and I can't stop thinking about it) the more perplexed I am. I would like to put Klopp in the dock and ask him some searching questions.

1-Why after putting up such a fight in the summer did you let him go so easily a few months later, half way through a very challenging campaign?
    2-Why did you facilitate the sale by letting Barcelona pay in installments. We wanted VvD so we paid over the odds and up front in order to get him. Why did you not play the same kind of hard ball with Barcelona as Southampton did with us? The seller has the power.
    3-Why did you let our star player, the only one who would get into the Manchester City squad, go before you had signed a replacement?
    4-Why did you let him go so early in the window? You could have at least kept him until after the Manchester City game.
    5-Why oh why oh why did you sell him in the January sale at all?
    6-Are you mad?

Quote Originally Posted by Albert-Hall View Post
    The more I think about the sale of Coutinho (and I can't stop thinking about it) the more perplexed I am. I would like to put Klopp in the dock and ask him some searching questions.

1-Why after putting up such a fight in the summer did you let him go so easily a few months later, half way through a very challenging campaign?
    2-Why did you facilitate the sale by letting Barcelona pay in installments. We wanted VvD so we paid over the odds and up front in order to get him. Why did you not play the same kind of hard ball with Barcelona as Southampton did with us? The seller has the power.
    3-Why did you let our star player, the only one who would get into the Manchester City squad, go before you had signed a replacement?
    4-Why did you let him go so early in the window? You could have at least kept him until after the Manchester City game.
    6-Are you mad?
    Ask question 6 first, save you asking the others.

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator

6-Are you mad?
    On 2. There are no instalments with Phil. It's £105m up front. the rest are add ons. We have paid £17m up front for VVD...the rest is over 5 years.

and 4. He had already claiming to have played his last game for us...and would have missed City due to injury anyway.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    On 2. There are no instalments with Phil. It's £105m up front. the rest are add ons. We have paid £17m up front for VVD...the rest is over 5 years.

and 4. He had already claiming to have played his last game for us...and would have missed City due to injury anyway.
    Credit to Ron for posting the add ons yesterday, they're very basic up to about 130m too, within 2 1/2 years, just appearances and Barca qualifying for the CL.. I think it’s just 9m of it is tied to winning anything, 4 1/2 million each for two CL wins in the next 2 years.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

Have any of you heard the verbal diarrhoea spouted by ex Liverpool MD Christian Purslow? He said Liverpool have to 'shop at Harrods if they are to match Klopps ambitions otherwise he's off to Chelsea, City or United.

Let's get one thing perfectly clear here. Liverpool did shop at Harrods when they signed Keita, Salah and Van Dijk. They are both big money signings and value for money signings. Salah and Keita in particular were under-priced. There are many that are saying Liverool robbed Roma to the tune of £40 million.

Secondly, Jurgen Klopp was offered the United job by Ed Woodward after Baconface retired. Woodward described United to Klopp as an 'adult version of Disneyland". Klopp left the meeting and wanted to puke. As for City or Chelsea being 'bigger clubs" you would be seriously delusional if you thought that. City or Chelsea will never ever be bigger than Liverpool. So I don't think he would manage either.
    Last edited by Kloppsstars; 11-1-18 at 14:08.

WinterPoolStark is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    Credit to Ron for posting the add ons yesterday, they're very basic up to about 130m too, within 2 1/2 years, just appearances and Barca qualifying for the CL.. I think it’s just 9m of it is tied to winning anything, 4 1/2 million each for two CL wins in the next 2 years.
    Plus if we’re the ones to knock them out then we’d happily wave the £9m bye-bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    Have any of you heard the verbal diarrhoea spouted by ex Liverpool MD Christian Purslow? He said Liverpool have to 'shop at Harrods if they are to match Klopps ambition otherwise he's off to Chelsea, City or United.

Let's get one thing perfectly clear here. Liverpool did shop at Harrods when they signed Keita, Salah and Van Dijk. They are both big money signings and value for money signings. Salah and Keita in particular were under-priced. There are many that are saying Liverool robbed Roma to the tune of £40 million.

Secondly. Jurgen Klopp was offered the United job by Ed Woodward after Baconface retired.
    True, Purslows talking out of his a rse...keita and vvd are top level rolls royce signings..if we finally get a competent keeper we will have arguably the best spine in

english football.

as an example, there isnt a man in the premiership that has the attributes that keita has, hes stand out in the sense that he defends as well as he attacks the guys a

machine, if he can transfer his bundesliga form to here with klopp behind him , heaven help the premiership
    Last edited by RedGhana; 11-1-18 at 14:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    Have any of you heard the verbal diarrhoea spouted by ex Liverpool MD Christian Purslow? He said Liverpool have to 'shop at Harrods if they are to match Klopps ambition otherwise he's off to Chelsea, City or United.

Secondly. Jurgen Klopp was offered the United job by Ed Woodward after Baconface retired.
    Didn’t baconface himself meet up with Klopp or something? Klopp said ‘thanks but I’m suddenly hungry for breakfast after seeing you’

Quote Originally Posted by RedGhana View Post
    True, Purslows talking out of his a rse...keita and vvd are top level rolls royce signings..if we finally get a competent keeper we will have arguably the best spine in

english football.

as an example, there isnt a man in the premiership that has the attributes that keita has, hes stand out in the sense that he defends as well as he attacks the guys a

machine, if he can transfer his bundesliga form to here with klopp behind him , heaven help premiership
    This.

I agree 100% and if the reports are to be believed Mignolets days are numbered. Klopp wants a new keeper. A spine of new GK, Virgil, Keita and Bobby would be formidable.

Just saw this on Twitter (not sure if it’s true), apparently Ox unfollowed Coutinho on Instagram Well done, Alex!

MishMasch is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    Just saw this on Twitter (not sure if it’s true), apparently Ox unfollowed Coutinho on Instagram Well done, Alex!
    Hitting him where it hurts

6-Are you mad?
    Questions 1,3, & 5 are basically the same. Impossible to keep a player who is adamant to go, could have unsettled the squad no end. Question 4 his is injured, so couldn't play anyhow. Question 2. Payment is not by instalments but adds ons for performances. We have spread payments for VVD. Question 6. Have a look at yourself and get the facts right.

Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post

Paying £105m up front and another £40m at a later date as "add ons" is instalments by another name as far as I am concerned. It also makes LFC look stupid for accepting such a "small" payment up front for a world class top top playmaker who would enhance ANY team, just £30 more than they paid for a defender. As to him claiming he had played his last game for Liverpool, he can say what he likes, but he was a Liverpool player and is contracted to do what the club says. I can not see he would sit out the rest of the season, jeopardising his chances of playing for Brazil and possibly derailing a move in the summer. Leipzig have said quite categorically that Lemar will NOT move this window and we should have said the same to Barcelona. There is absolutely no way Coutinho could have moved if we said NO. We had all the cards and threw them up in the air. A total pathetic climb down.

With regard to VvD, in all the reports I have read about the transfer from Liverpool, Southampton and the media I have not seen any mention that we only paid a paltry £17m up front and the rest over 5 years. Where did you get that one?

Paying £105m up front and another £40m at a later date as "add ons" is instalments by another name as far as I am concerned. It also makes LFC look stupid for accepting such a "small" payment up front for a world class top top playmaker who would enhance ANY team, just £30 more than they paid for a defender. As to him claiming he had played his last game for Liverpool, he can say what he likes, but he was a Liverpool player and is contracted to do what the club says. I can not see he would sit out the rest of the season, jeopardising his chances of playing for Brazil and possibly derailing a move in the summer. Leipzig have said quite categorically that Lemar will NOT move this window and we should have said the same to Barcelona. There is absolutely no way Coutinho could have moved if we said NO. We had all the cards and threw them up in the air. A total pathetic climb down.

With regard to VvD, in all the reports I have read about the transfer from Liverpool, Southampton and the media I have not seen any mention that we only paid a paltry £17m up front and the rest over 5 years. Where did you get that one?
    First time I've heard £105m being a small amount. It doesn't make look stupid at all. It shows that we have got a fantastic price for him. Cost us £8m, yeah, stupid alright.

Quote Originally Posted by agb1037 View Post
    First time I've heard £105m being a small amount. It doesn't make look stupid at all. It shows that we have got a fantastic price for him. Cost us £8m, yeah, stupid alright.
    In the context of we paid £75m for a central defender who is good but has not exactly set the world on fire, £105m for Coutinho IS a small amount. He is arguably one of the best 5 players in the world now. In my opinion he is an even greater loss than Suarez, he made the whole team tick. Money does not even come into it. He is irreplaceable. My argument is we should have held on to him until the summer, we did not need to sell him now, and we should have held out for a straight £150m. If "The greatest team in the world" wanted him that bad, they would have found it after collecting £200m for Neymar.

TattooedByAgger is online now Academy prospect

I really thought we were getting more competent in transfers. A shame to see we're now taking our inquiries on Lemar to Leipzig. A real step backward.

Quote Originally Posted by TattooedByAgger View Post
    I really thought we were getting more competent in transfers. A shame to see we're now taking our inquiries on Lemar to Leipzig. A real step backward.
    Amateurish even.

Quote Originally Posted by TattooedByAgger View Post

Women's super league has many many more Brazilians...............
    People will believe what they want to believe

"He left Liverpool for only one club - Barcelona - but the club was fighting. It was 100% clear there was no chance I could use him in second half of the season. That’s over now. That’s it."

- Jurgen Klopp

*close thread*
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'