Notices

View Poll Results: Choose a New Username for Kloppstars (Anonymous vote)

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • RooneysMagicFeet

    3 5.77%
  • GaryNevillesPetRat

    32 61.54%
  • Fergie

    0 0%
  • TaggartsWhiskyBuddy

    0 0%
  • BecksHairyBarber

    0 0%
  • MaureensBusDriver

    0 0%
  • MourinhoMyIdol

    2 3.85%
  • Stretfordable

    0 0%
  • StressfulEnd

    0 0%
  • ILoveRefs

    0 0%
  • Ibecameamancbetting

    1 1.92%
  • SirAlexGreatestOfAllTime

    3 5.77%
  • LingardsWife

    0 0%
  • Fergielove

    1 1.92%
  • Ilovegiggsywiggsy

    0 0%
  • StretfordWives

    1 1.92%
  • KnockedOffYerPerch

    2 3.85%
  • Idrink@redcafe

    4 7.69%
  • snottymancachief

    2 3.85%
  • RedDevilLover

    1 1.92%
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 151 to 178 of 178

Thread: New username suggestions for Kloppstars (Anonymous Poll)

  1. #151  
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    17,330
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannno View Post
    Well if you're holding him to the letter of the bet, it was username....? Mods have to change those. See if he agrees first
    If he tracks back and doesn't want a name change. Will the mods change it?
    And if not will people get banned calling him what was voted for?
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #152  
    Jannno is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    29,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    If he tracks back and doesn't want a name change. Will the mods change it?
    And if not will people get banned calling him what was voted for?
    Well its not meant to be some kind of drama. It is a bit of fun, nobody should be doing things to deliberately wind others up so we shouldn't really be thinking about bans
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #153  
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,032
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Well preferably, but if he doesn't have the decency to hold up his end then...
    If he was let off a bit more lightly and only had to "honour" the bet for a month or 3 with a negotiated username he may be more open to it.... (shouldn't have to, but he will always have the age old argument that his oppo wouldn't have honoured the bet either)
    People will believe what they want to believe
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #154  
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    55,264
    If he won't change his name and honour the bet then he deserves a tag.

    No doubt about it.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #155  
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Posts
    17,330
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    If he was let off a bit more lightly and only had to "honour" the bet for a month or 3 with a negotiated username he may be more open to it.... (shouldn't have to, but he will always have the age old argument that his oppo wouldn't have honoured the bet either)
    Like cout paying a part of his transfer kitty?
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #156  
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,032
    Quote Originally Posted by FIOS View Post
    If he won't change his name and honour the bet then he deserves a tag.

    No doubt about it.
    Have another poll as to how long we should send him to Coventry, or Manchester as might be more apt....

    dammit : just realised maybe Jar Jar Binks might have been a good suggestion for a name
    People will believe what they want to believe
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #157  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    19,067
    Is today the day Gary lets his pet rat run free?
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #158  
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    40,179
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    Is today the day Gary lets his pet rat run free?
    Nah, don't think it will be done because Kloppstars hasn't agreed to it and it was only a bit of fun.
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #159  
    steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    14,178
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Nah, don't think it will be done because Kloppstars hasn't agreed to it and it was only a bit of fun.
    Yes he has. He only disagreed with after he lost the bet, which obviously doesn't count.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #160  
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    40,179
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Yes he has. He only disagreed with after he lost the bet, which obviously doesn't count.
    Actually, to be fair, I don't recall him to agreeing with anything of the kind. Can you show me the link to where he actually agreed to change his username? Because I might be under the wrong impression here!
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #161  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    19,067
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Nah, don't think it will be done because Kloppstars hasn't agreed to it and it was only a bit of fun.
    Sounds like the mods are game for doing something regardless of him agreeing?

    Re: the bet, I witnessed the deal being struck, and Gary's pet rat has changed it numerous times as it looked more likely he’d lose. It was as simple as they both got to pick each other's username if Phil stayed or went. Seemed like good fun tbh, but thinking about how much he despises Utd, it kinda makes sense that he’d bail on the deal.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #162  
    MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    40,179
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    Sounds like the mods are game for doing something regardless of him agreeing?

    Re: the bet, I witnessed the deal being struck, and Gary's pet rat has changed it numerous times as it looked more likely he’d lose. It was as simple as they both got to pick each other's username if Phil stayed or went. Seemed like good fun tbh, but thinking about how much he despises Utd, it kinda makes sense that he’d bail on the deal.
    Ah, that could be it. I don't recall him ever saying, I'll change it if Coutinho leaves...

    Also too, always thought this thread was more of a laugh than anything and not to be taken seriously as we could do with some laughs after losing Couts and being all depressed around the place!
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #163  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    17,833
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    Sounds like the mods are game for doing something regardless of him agreeing?

    Re: the bet, I witnessed the deal being struck, and Gary's pet rat has changed it numerous times as it looked more likely he’d lose. It was as simple as they both got to pick each other's username if Phil stayed or went. Seemed like good fun tbh, but thinking about how much he despises Utd, it kinda makes sense that he’d bail on the deal.
    I linked the thread in a previous post.

    So the mods can judge.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #164  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    19,067
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    Ah, that could be it. I don't recall him ever saying, I'll change it if Coutinho leaves...

    Also too, always thought this thread was more of a laugh than anything and not to be taken seriously as we could do with some laughs after losing Couts and being all depressed around the place!
    I took it as he did after he made the bet, but it’s hard to tell, or even care that much!

    Yeah, it actually went a long way to lightening the mood that first day. I only noticed this thread yesterday I think, couldn’t believe the mods were so on board with it.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #165  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    19,067
    Quote Originally Posted by -Topper- View Post
    I linked the thread in a previous post.

    So the mods can judge.
    It reads like he took it, but I’d forgotten he did actually mention redcafe for Stevie at the time, I thought he added that after.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #166  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    17,833
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    It reads like he took it, but I’d forgotten he did actually mention redcafe for Stevie at the time, I thought he added that after.
    Betting that Phil would be here next season was like betting someone that Liverpool play at old trafford.

    Wallet inspector material.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #167  
    aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    53,019
    so.... whens the ceremony ???
    dont look back in anger.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #168  
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,530
    Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    so.... whens the ceremony ???
    Don't think its going to happen.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #169  
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    2,068
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    So Kloppstars lost a bet on Coutinho being sold and as such has to change his username to one of my choosing (he seems a bit reluctant so maybe the mods can help him out with that) and thought might as well have a poll to decide the best one. Feel free to post your suggestions below.

    A few from the old thread to kick us off -


    RooneysMagicFeet
    GaryNevillesPetRat
    MacedonianManc
    TaggartsWhiskyBuddy
    BecksHairyBarber
    MaureensBusDriver
    you should have agreed that in the bet, you balloon heed.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #170  
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,032
    Quote Originally Posted by -Topper- View Post
    I linked the thread in a previous post.

    So the mods can judge.
    If it is the link I read on about page 1 some days ago I scanned his posts on that page and possibly 1-2 either side and to be fair there was nothing I saw that added up to a statement of agreement, most of the things he said seemed to be about what the other party should have to do IIRC. May imply he's agreeing to it, but basically it looked like an exchange of 'what if's' rather than a firm bet - not saying there was no bet, but I think the link might have to be a bit more conclusive (I wouldn't enforce anything based on that)
    People will believe what they want to believe
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #171  
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    2,965
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    If it is the link I read on about page 1 some days ago I scanned his posts on that page and possibly 1-2 either side and to be fair there was nothing I saw that added up to a statement of agreement, most of the things he said seemed to be about what the other party should have to do IIRC. May imply he's agreeing to it, but basically it looked like an exchange of 'what if's' rather than a firm bet - not saying there was no bet, but I think the link might have to be a bit more conclusive (I wouldn't enforce anything based on that)
    In other words Stevie wonder did it by making stuff up which is the norm.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #172  
    aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    53,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    In other words Stevie wonder did it by making stuff up which is the norm.
    just be a sport and get it done, we can have a laugh at your expense for a while then move on, you're being selfish really and will forever be remembered as a pussy
    dont look back in anger.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #173  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    17,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    In other words Stevie wonder did it by making stuff up which is the norm.
    From someone who takes his facts from sky sports, this is another zinger to add to the Irony Warehouse.

    You make me hate the scum less. Thatís quite an achievement.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #174  
    steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    14,178
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    In other words Stevie wonder did it by making stuff up which is the norm.
    So you never at any point agreed to the bet then?

    Why did you make up a name for me then? siralexslovechild or something.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #175  
    WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    33,942
    He should just go on everyone's ignore list now if he's not willing to go along with the bet.
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #176  
    aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    53,019
    Boooooooooo
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #177  
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    In other words Stevie wonder did it by making stuff up which is the norm.
    Not what I said though, I said the link didn't go to something I'd call conclusive evidence and I couldn't find any real evidence, BUT I didn't exactly read every word of every post for pages either side.

    I'd suggest it would be a bit far for someone to "make stuff up" to the extent they follow through like this so he must have had reason to believe it, and your posts may not have been absolute proof you'd made the bet, they certainly don't read like someone not discussing a bet which is why my post has the word "enforce"


    As it is you may end up with worse by backing out rather than by going into bet-xit negotiations
    People will believe what they want to believe
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #178  
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    21,032
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    So you never at any point agreed to the bet then?

    Why did you make up a name for me then? siralexslovechild or something.
    Exactly. All I said is there was no post I could see said something like "it's a bet then"
    People will believe what they want to believe
    Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •