Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we stronger or weaker right now?

Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    Carry on this new username ****** and keep on derailing threads you'll all have 'Banned' as a user title underneath.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    There’s also the things that VVD brings offensively that we didn’t have before. We never really look like scoring on corners or set pieces, and in one game, he scored from a corner, and missed a very good chance from a free, both headers. If we can deliver the ball into his area consistently, there’s only one guy who looks like he’ll be getting his head on it. We get a lot of corners too, and more often than not, we’ve looked like conceding from them. Embarrassing.
    Ox is excellent at taking corners and crossing.

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Theres also the things that VVD brings offensively that we didnt have before. We never really look like scoring on corners or set pieces, and in one game, he scored from a corner, and missed a very good chance from a free, both headers. If we can deliver the ball into his area consistently, theres only one guy who looks like hell be getting his head on it. We get a lot of corners too, and more often than not, weve looked like conceding from them. Embarrassing.
    He can also take a mean freekick.

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Hmmm, I didn’t know that. I’ve missed the days when we’ve had a CB who could score the odd screamer. Looked like he was revving up for one the other day, but something happened, can’t remember.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

WinterPoolStark is online now Academy prospect
    I’ve been hoping for a player like that. We know Phil took some sexy ones but we need a player who can cause an injury with his shots. VVD looks like he has a dirty shot on him.

Quote Originally Posted by uselessbaba View Post
    Stronger at the back, weaker in the middle/up top........
    This.

I hope to sell this month: Mignolet, Karius, Bogdan, Flanagan, Markovic, Sturridge, Origi and Ings.
    With money from these sales I would buy: NEW GK (Alisson or Butland), one more CB (De Vrij), CM (Goretzka, Max Mayer, Lemar, or Adrien Rabiot and Draxler, or …) !
    Last edited by Beka666; 8-1-18 at 14:34.

fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    I’ve been hoping for a player like that. We know Phil took some sexy ones but we need a player who can cause an injury with his shots. VVD looks like he has a dirty shot on him.
    trent. best dead ball kicker in the squad now, was even when phil was here in truth

Quote Originally Posted by Beka666 View Post
    I hope to sell this month: Mignolet, Karius, Bogdan, Flanagan, Markovic, Sturridge, Origi and Ings.
    With money from these sales I would buy: NEW GK (Alisson or Butland), one more CB (De Vrij), CM (Goretzka, Max Mayer, Lemar, or Adrien Rabiot and Draxler, or …) !
    what planet are you living on. can i know where you get your weed from/?

There’s also the things that VVD brings offensively that we didn’t have before. We never really look like scoring on corners or set pieces, and in one game, he scored from a corner, and missed a very good chance from a free, both headers. If we can deliver the ball into his area consistently, there’s only one guy who looks like he’ll be getting his head on it. We get a lot of corners too, and more often than not, we’ve looked like conceding from them. Embarrassing.
    The most important thing and I'm not sure that it hasn't been mentioned already as it was evident on Friday that Van Dijk brings confidence to the defence. I know it's early doors and one swallow doesn't make a summer, but the defence did appear more confident.

As things stand, our best defence and whilst all are fit our defence should be Gomez Matip Van Dijk Robertson. Now that looks very strong. It needs to gel and gel fast though, but it looks promising.

Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    what planet are you living on. can i know where you get your weed from/?
    Why?
    We need to get rid of unnecessary players - players Jurgen Klopp does not intend to use or dislike with the way they play.
    By selling these players, we would collect funds that would bring the players we need - I gave some suggestions that I would like to bring.

This is my personal opinion

Van is a massive buy it won't solve all of their defensive problems by himself but he will make him a better unit

Defence is stronger then it was at the beginning of season to 1st January

We still got Salah, Firmino, Mane so that's still strong

Chamberlain is starting to establish himself

Lallana is getting match fit

So lot of positives and a lot of strength

-------------------

Two big negative problems

Can pretty much made it clear that he doesn't want to be here either and has put in some half-hearted performances of late

Losing Philippe Coutinho is devastating regardless of the wind ratio ,

as he is the only playmaker capable of controlling the ball the tempo, variety of passing, creativity, flair, saving matches bye pulll rabbits out the hat

-------------------------

believe that we've just got enough to keep us in top 4 but it's going to be a hard road

Right now as of 8/1/18 we are unquestionably weaker.

The VVD transfer was ecstasy and gave a huge buzz making us stronger, now Coutinho leaving has made our squad weaker no doubt and has us all deflated again.

Had Coutinho left first and the VVD's transfer followed shortly after, I'm sure we would have not been as upset as we are now.

It's just the sequencing of these two events, that's why it's important to not end the transfer window this January on just Coutinho's departure.

The club needs a lift, the player's need a lift and above all us fans need a lift and a sign of hope that we can move forward without our little Magician. That means we must make a signing before the end of the window and try and end it on a high.

Come on FSG, flex your monies and give Klopp the players he wants!

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    The most important thing and I'm not sure that it hasn't been mentioned already as it was evident on Friday that Van Dijk brings confidence to the defence. I know it's early doors and one swallow doesn't make a summer, but the defence did appear more confident.

As things stand, our best defence and whilst all are fit our defence should be Gomez Matip Van Dijk Robertson. Now that looks very strong. It needs to gel and gel fast though, but it looks promising.
    He was very vocal too, he had Karius coming out a few times when he looked very reluctant to. It won’t be long before he has the keepers trained properly.

It’s easy/lazy to say it, but it was a captain's performance. And on his debut in a derby at Anfield

Its weird. But Id actually say stronger

We were too heavy on attacking players, weve lost one and gained a strong defensive CB in Van Dijk.

On paper it would seem were more balanced now no?

He was very vocal too, he had Karius coming out a few times when he looked very reluctant to. It won’t be long before he has the keepers trained properly.

It’s easy/lazy to say it, but it was a captain's performance. And on his debut in a derby at Anfield
    It was a pressure cooker atmosphere and he was ice cold and cool as a cucumber. Yes it was a captain's performance. He defended like big Sami and organised like Carra. We need to see that, a centre back barking at the keeper. We just need Keita in the midfield because we're not nasty enough there yet.

I think he has to be made captain at some point, Hendo isn't really a leader and should really be no more than a squad option, Milner is an alright choice for vice captain but doesn't really play that much, next is who? We've been giving it to Coutinho and Migs ffs!

Had Coutinho's departure happened under different circumstances then a straight Virgil for Cou swap may even have made us slightly stronger. But I'm wary of the destabilising effect a messy mid-season transfer of a quality player (arguably our best player) could have on the squad and for this reason right now I'd say we're probably a bit weaker. A lot will depend on whether we sign anyone else in Jan and on how Klopp and the players respond of course - a win against City and it will be "Phil, who?". A defeat and the press and the usual Doomsday Squad on here will have a field day. Never mind the fact that he is actually legitimately injured and wouldn't have played anyway.
    everything in moderation, including moderation.

I think he has to be made captain at some point, Hendo isn't really a leader and should really be no more than a squad option, Milner is an alright choice for vice captain but doesn't really play that much, next is who? We've been giving it to Coutinho and Migs ffs!
    Henderson is far too nice to be skipper. He doesn't have that necessary nasty streak, he doesn't have a presence. Van Dijk does have a presence, he looks imposing. He's a lot like Didi Hamann in that he looks like he'll scare you half to death but in reality wouldn't.

With money from these sales I would buy: NEW GK (Alisson or Butland), one more CB (De Vrij), CM (Goretzka, Max Mayer, Lemar, or Adrien Rabiot and Draxler, or ) !
    What in the actual **** is this!? Football Manager?!? When was the last time we sold 8 players in jan...

Quote Originally Posted by IFC View Post

We were too heavy on attacking players, weve lost one and gained a strong defensive CB in Van Dijk.

If we bring in a proper keeper , and get Keita in then we are most certainly more balanced.
    At the moment we are weaker but i expect us to be stronger at the end of the month.

It’s weird. But I’d actually say stronger

We were too heavy on attacking players, we’ve lost one and gained a strong defensive CB in Van Dijk.

On paper it would seem we’re more balanced now no?
    I think there’s a decent argument to be made for us being stronger with the loss of him and the addition of VVD, as opposed to having him and no VVD. But losing Coutinho is a big blow, regardless of balance.

If you were to ask me a straight question, taking all of the recent crap with his transfer out of the mix, would I rather have VVD and no Coutinho, or Coutinho and no VVD, I have to say, I think I’d want to have VVD.

Why?
    We need to get rid of unnecessary players - players Jurgen Klopp does not intend to use or dislike with the way they play.
    By selling these players, we would collect funds that would bring the players we need - I gave some suggestions that I would like to bring.
    how many players are you exchanging in one window

olus a january window

I think there’s a decent argument to be made for us being stronger with the loss of him and the addition of VVD, as opposed to having him and no VVD. But losing Coutinho is a big blow, regardless of balance.

If you were to ask me a straight question, taking all of the recent crap with his transfer out of the mix, would I rather have VVD and no Coutinho, or Coutinho and no VVD, I have to say, I think I’d want to have VVD.
    effectively we have had no lallana until 2 weeks ago

now we have him available for coutinho s role and we have vv and we have ox and salah

last years hendo gini olallana midfiled didnt lack creativity until the front three phil and mane were absent

Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    how many players are you exchanging in one window

olus a january window

OUT
    Two players who play and six who are not even in the first team!

IN
    I would be pleased if the club could get another 1-2!

In my opinion

On paper we've just ripped the heart out of our team the most creative player we've got one of the best players in the world

which could damage are place in the league ,qualification to next round of Champions League and the FA Cup

if we look at the squad at the beginning and now

Yes got same problems no goalkeeper again my personal opinion better fullbacks, 1 more central Defender and a defensive midfielder

That hasn't got weaker and we brought Van to help out

The attack hasn't got weaker,

in my opinion where exactly the same as we were with Coutinho or without Philippe Coutinho

Warten Auf 19 is online now Another New User Name
    Physically stronger.

I'm leaning towards weaker, only just though.

No doubt VVD will have a positive affect at the back and possibly add more from our set pieces. But the loss of Coutinho in terms of what he brings to our attack is going to be missed. When in the middle he knits everything together and when he is out wide he scares the **** out of defenders. He is also capable of winning a game on his own no matter if he plays in the middle or out wide.

Quote Originally Posted by -Seamus- View Post
    I'm leaning towards weaker, only just though.

No doubt VVD will have a positive affect at the back and possibly add more from our set pieces. But the loss of Coutinho in terms of what he brings to our attack is going to be missed. When in the middle he knits everything together and when he is out wide he scares the **** out of defenders. He is also capable of winning a game on his own no matter if he plays in the middle or out wide.
    Thats the thing, we wont be winning games by cricket scores like we did under coutinho hence why i think we need a solid keeper.
    When a games in the knife-edge you just know one of our keepers will do something daft and cost us points.

OUT
    Two players who play and six who are not even in the first team!

IN
    I would be pleased if the club could get another 1-2!
    So 8 players sold, 9 with Phil. And who exactly is buying dross like Markovic, Flanagan, Bogdan, etc.?