Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Are we stronger or weaker right now?

Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    Yeah, but could the one we sold defend?

Basically what I’m saying is we’ve sold Coutinho and bought Virgil VanDijk and Phillipe Coutinho with half the money. Fact.
    The manager said the facts are to the contrary. He did not buy Van Dijk out of any Coutinho money. The Coutinho money remains intact and he has that at his disposal if and when he decides to use it. However he won't go scatter-gun with it either. When he can get the players he wants, he'll get them.

I've been saying all along Klopp is a fussy manager when it comes to signings and a stubborn manager too. Forget this notion about 'second and third choices". He's not doing that. He'll get his first choices regardless how long it takes. He proved that by getting Keita and Van Dijk.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Kloppsstars View Post
    The manager said the facts are to the contrary. He did not buy Van Dijk out of any Coutinho money. The Coutinho money remains intact and he has that at his disposal if and when he decides to use it. However he won't go scatter-gun with it either. When he can get the players he wants, he'll get them.

I've been saying all along Klopp is a fussy manager when it comes to signings and a stubborn manager too. Forget this notion about 'second and third choices". He's not doing that. He'll get his first choices regardless how long it takes. He proved that by getting Keita and Van Dijk.
    Dear god, stop.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by zedbimmer View Post
    we are weaker, because our free kick and distance shooter is gone, when the bus is parked we are going to be in trouble. We play like Gods when we play teams that come to play, but once they just want a point then we fold, master of counters can't counter without someone throwing punches.
    Are footballs round btw?

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Are footballs round btw?
    You’ve got your hands full with that other fella I noticed yesterday, best to walk away i reckon. I made the mistake once, torture...
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

Dear god, stop.
    What did I say which is wrong? Facts are facts. We did not use the Coutinho money on anyone. The manager stated Van Dijk was signed irrespective of anything. He has the use of the Coutinho money for when he decides to spend it and whom he decides to spend it on.

You’ve got your hands full with that other fella I noticed yesterday, best to walk away i reckon. I made the mistake once, torture...
    Yeh you're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Yeh you're probably right.
    Agreed.

However short term we are obviously weaker, but long term and I have faith in the manager in this respect that ultimately we will be stronger.

Agreed.

However short term we are obviously weaker, but long term and I have faith in the manager in this respect that ultimately we will be stronger.
    Last edited by GrottonRed; 12-1-18 at 15:48. Reason: Don't edit other posters names in quoted posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hair Helmet View Post
    I'd say weaker. Coutinho's dribbling and passes were assets to us against parked buses. Now, when teams sit deep, Salah and Mane have nowhere to run into.
    This...exactly this...no one to consistently supply those much needed eye through the needle passes to the forwards any more regularly not just in the odd game here or there..

forget about ox being able to do this and forget about lallana being able to do this..

were definitely weaker

Last edited by GrottonRed; 12-1-18 at 15:48. Reason: dealt with...report it if it happens again

fredthecamel is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGhana View Post
    This...exactly this...no one to consistently supply those much needed eye through the needle passes to the forwards any more regularly not just in the odd game here or there..

forget about ox being able to do this and forget about lallana being able to do this..

were definitely weaker
    who did it last season when phil played in the front 3? and rather succesfully albeit in a different style

Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    who did it last season when phil played in the front 3? and rather succesfully albeit in a different style
    thats why i said regularly..the fact that phil was in the front 3 nulifys your point im afraid..

we dont have a "phil" no more no more as an option to clearly we are weaker.

the day we respond to losing top quality players by saying " we`ll be fine because X already in the squad can fill that role or X can now get more games" will be

the day we truly become a club with a small time mentality.

You grow by adding class on top of class not by "taking a hit" and saying we already have someone from inside that can fill the role. Look at city

or are we happy to be like arsenal and have their mid table mentality?

probably explains why they keep getting pimped by their top 4 rivals for their best players so often.. "oh we`re arsenal we can survive, we already have X"

if we want to swing with the big boys then youve gotta act like the big boys..

Go hard or go home...

Who is bothered about breaking the bus down if the midfield is not compact as it needs to be? If we had Silva instead of Salah I wouldn't say we were stronger.

the manager doesnt always tell the media the truth either

if you knew when you jined that one day coutinho will be sold and it has grown since you ve been here you d be thinking okay if phil is going eventually what do i need to replace him, a wide frward and an attacking 8 who can carry the ball ie salah and keita , and an added bonus of vvd

according to you we should have 146 m to spend in summer pus whatever sales and profit we make for the yar

so we should be abe to spend 200m this summer roughly without having to sell anyone

lets see if that happens.. i bet we dont spend over 100

Quote Originally Posted by BLiddellGreates View Post
    Who is bothered about breaking the bus down if the midfield is not compact as it needs to be? If we had Silva instead of Salah I wouldn't say we were stronger.
    city signing fred now

we should nab bernardo silva from them in smmer. ideal coutinho replacement underutilised by city

Warten Auf 19 is online now Another New User Name
    Quote Originally Posted by fredthecamel View Post
    city signing fred now

we should nab bernardo silva from them in smmer. ideal coutinho replacement underutilised by city
    Bernardo Silva is much better than Lemar.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGhana View Post
    thats why i said regularly..the fact that phil was in the front 3 nulifys your point im afraid..

we dont have a "phil" no more no more as an option to clearly we are weaker.

the day we respond to losing top quality players by saying " we`ll be fine because X already in the squad can fill that role or X can now get more games" will be

the day we truly become a club with a small time mentality.

You grow by adding class on top of class not by "taking a hit" and saying we already have someone from inside that can fill the role. Look at city

or are we happy to be like arsenal and have their mid table mentality?

probably explains why they keep getting pimped by their top 4 rivals for their best players so often.. "oh we`re arsenal we can survive, we already have X"

if we want to swing with the big boys then youve gotta act like the big boys..

Go hard or go home...
    no we dont have a phil

but we have a salah to play in the front 3 instead of phil and still the same strong midfield we had last year

what we do lack now is a similar quality rotatable player for the two wide spots

city spent 300 m net in the last season

we dont and never wil do that, we only spend what we make as a club. thats the business model.