Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clyne and Sturidge

Quote Originally Posted by HitTheWoodwork View Post
    With Firmino facing a possibile ban all those saying get rid of Sturridge need to relax a bit. I'd have Sturridge playing over Solanke.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyStapleton View Post
    I'd prefer having Sturridge starting over Solanke.
    Same.

It would be a huge mistake to let Sturridge go as well as Coutinho. Solanke hasn't scored yet, Woodburn isn't ready and neither Ox or Lallana look a goal threat when played further foward. One injury to Firmino and Sturridge will look very tasty alongside Mane and Salah.

I think Sturridge will score a very, very important goal or two this season.

Clyne? We haven't missed him but purely for development reasons I'd rather he was available so we can look at Gomez at CB and Trent in midfield.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Daniel S. Would have been world class if not for his body letting him down. Injuries just robbed us of such a great player, it’s just a real shame.
    On selling him, can’t see it happening, I mean his injury record along with fee and wages would put many off. The physicality of the EPL is unforgiving.

Clyne, just his major back problem which may be remedied after that surgery, let’s hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by aGothAndaJock View Post
    Same.

It would be a huge mistake to let Sturridge go as well as Coutinho. Solanke hasn't scored yet, Woodburn isn't ready and neither Ox or Lallana look a goal threat when played further foward. One injury to Firmino and Sturridge will look very tasty alongside Mane and Salah.

I think Sturridge will score a very, very important goal or two this season.
    I like your Klopptimism but I personally would be happy to replace Daniel Sturridge with just about any striker on earth (ok, except Borini or Balotelli). Not his fault that he's injury prone but you can't be nice in a competitive business/sport.
    Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.