Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 76

Thread: What is your preferred midfield 3?

  1. #31  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    25,245
    Gollum
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #32  
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    15,287
    Chamberlain, Can & Ejaria.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #33  
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2,686
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieT View Post
    I'd for for a midfield of;

    1. Anyone
    2. But
    3. Henderson


    I hope to god Anyone and But are pretty decent then.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #34  
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    12,146
    Quote Originally Posted by aGothAndaJock View Post
    He's our most accurate passer in the opposition's half. He's key.
    He's the most accurate passer because he shows no ambition with his passes, they are usually 10yd passes back to a defender.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #35  
    Mersey Dudek is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12,376
    Quote Originally Posted by aGothAndaJock View Post
    He's our most accurate passer in the opposition's half. He's key.
    Is he ****. Anyone can make a five yard pass. Very little of what he does is in any way creative.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #36  
    TheKnucklesOfAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,824
    Quote Originally Posted by aGothAndaJock View Post
    He's our most accurate passer in the opposition's half. He's key.
    Find the stats in terms of how many passes each midfielder actually plays in the opposition half, then we might have a worthwhile comparison. Iíd imagine itís not hard to be the most accurate when youíre also attempting half or even a third as many passes as your teammates.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #37  
    Liverdinner is online now Posts With His Faace
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    88,858
    Quote Originally Posted by aGothAndaJock View Post
    He's our most accurate passer in the opposition's half. He's key.
    Generally the player not attempting anything difficult is the most accurate
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #38  
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1,056
    Can
    Firmino Gini
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #39  
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by aGothAndaJock View Post
    Gerrard was the 6 and Hendo and Coutinho the 8's that season. Would you like to see Hendo played further forward again?

    Yes we will be phenomenal with Keita!
    I agree but Hendo had quality players around him, I think that is key. When you look for a quick transition and you look up to see Gini isn't there he's gone for a snooze and wee Phil is already in the opposing teams box waiting for a pin point pass it's hard to play out fast unless you go back then wide.

    I have faith Hendo will come good.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #40  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,410
    Until Keita comes, there's not a single midfielder in our squad whom I want to be a regular. So to pick three of them is proving pretty hard.

    I'd probably go with Can behind Lallana and Chamberlain. But if we signed the right players we could play a midfield two that achieves more between them than any of our current three combined.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #41  
    BlowUpMyBoots is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    12,217
    Can, Gini.

    with

    Bobby, Mane, Salah and Ox or Lallana in front.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #42  
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,456
    keita-keita-keita
    Eagle Face Moron
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #43  
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    554
    Quote Originally Posted by gedzredz View Post
    He's the most accurate passer because he shows no ambition with his passes, they are usually 10yd passes back to a defender.
    Yes he keeps it simple and letís others create. His game under Klopp is allowing the boys up front to play and he does it quite well. Despite the fact I think Wijnaldum has grossly under perofmed this season in terms of goals and assists, IMO you can clearly
    see the unselfish job heís doing. Heís box to box and not allowed to give the ball away. This is what Keita could be, but if Klopp decides to put him DM, Wijnaldum will be more apppreciated.
    Last edited by aGothAndaJock; 13-1-18 at 19:48.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #44  
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    554
    At the end of the day Wijnaldum has been picked more than any other midfielder and gives the ball away the least. If he wasnít doing his job he wouldnít be in the team and donít expect him to he sold
    in the summer.

    Our best midfielder. GINI boy! Good, Gini goood. Could be captain one day too.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #45  
    Liverdinner is online now Posts With His Faace
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    88,858
    Quote Originally Posted by aGothAndaJock View Post
    At the end of the day Wijnaldum has been picked more than any other midfielder and gives the ball away the least. If he wasn’t doing his job he wouldn’t be in the team and don’t expect him to he sold
    in the summer.

    Our best midfielder. GINI boy! Good, Gini goood. Could be captain one day too.
    What kind of logic is that
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #46  
    Mersey Dudek is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12,376
    Quote Originally Posted by aGothAndaJock View Post
    At the end of the day Wijnaldum has been picked more than any other midfielder and gives the ball away the least. If he wasn’t doing his job he wouldn’t be in the team and don’t expect him to he sold
    in the summer.

    Our best midfielder. GINI boy! Good, Gini goood. Could be captain one day too.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #47  
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    9,795
    Quote Originally Posted by aGothAndaJock View Post
    Coutinho, the ultimate luxury player has gone for £146m. Yes we have Keita coming in the summer but considering we have 4 months of the season left what trio do you think is the best to supply MFS? You may choose from the following -

    Emre Can
    Jordan Henderson
    Adam Lallana
    James Milner
    Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
    Georginio Wijnaldum



    My preference is -

    3rd - Wijnaldum, Henderson, Lallana
    2nd - Wijnaldum, Emre Can, Ox
    1st - Wijnaldum, Emre Can, Lallana


    What would you do different to Klopp? Would you make Wijnaldum your DM? Would you unleash Henderson and let him bomb forward as one of the 8's? Would you play Grujic or Ejaria or even put Woodburn in there? Let me know fellow Reds.

    You can't say we don't have options!

    Ps. I was going to list those options but ended up getting to K) and thought **** it.
    I would drive up to the moors unleash Hendo there, throw a jar of Nivea for him to fetch and get back into the car and drive away quickly.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #48  
    LivapewlDivas is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    11,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukadamainman View Post
    Can
    Firmino Gini
    Wtf?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #49  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    860
    This thread has thrown into sharp relief just how much we need to rebuild our midfield .......

    That said from our current options Iíd have to say can lallana and ox

    Keita is going to improve us so much
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #50  
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,158
    I rate Gini.. he was an attacking MF before coming here and heís had to adapt to defend a lot more. He shows up in the big games so I think he will play against Man City..

    For me it depends on the opposition.

    Strong opposition - city for example:

    Can
    Wiji
    Lallana

    Weaker opposition:

    Can
    Lallana
    Ox

    Milner and Henderson are subs bench every time.

    One thing I donít get with Can is for someone who can play centre back quite well, you would think that he would be the perfect DM. The problem I think is that he doesnít see himself as one. Maybe if he focused on becoming a DM he would be a very good one
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #51  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,435
    Wijnaldum-The Captain-The Vice-Captain
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #52  
    Ganymede is online now Prefers one thread per page
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    33,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Going CouCou View Post
    I rate Gini.. he was an attacking MF before coming here and heís had to adapt to defend a lot more. He shows up in the big games so I think he will play against Man City..

    For me it depends on the opposition.

    Strong opposition - city for example:

    Can
    Wiji
    Lallana

    Weaker opposition:

    Can
    Lallana
    Ox

    Milner and Henderson are subs bench every time.

    One thing I donít get with Can is for someone who can play centre back quite well, you would think that he would be the perfect DM. The problem I think is that he doesnít see himself as one. Maybe if he focused on becoming a DM he would be a very good one
    Gini is *********** terrible.

    Upsets me every time I see him play.

    He's stealing a wage at LFC and probably knows it.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #53  
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6,296
    Can, Lallana, Ox.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #54  
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,876
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganymede View Post
    Gini is *********** terrible.

    Upsets me every time I see him play.

    He's stealing a wage at LFC and probably knows it.
    Agree awful player offers nothing just like Henderson and he is our captain.
    at the end of the season well he should be sold but he won't what needs to happen is he needs to be stripped of the captaincy because he should be a squad player by next season if he is not we will again get nowhere.
    hand the captaincy to VVD
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #55  
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,820
    Quote Originally Posted by Itanimrac View Post
    Wijnaldum-The Captain-The Vice-Captain
    “Come to LFC and be mediocre... You will still somehow get on the pitch!”
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #56  
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2,686
    ...................fabinho.....................

    ,,,keita.......................goretzka...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #57  
    TheKnucklesOfAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,824
    Quote Originally Posted by Liverdinner View Post
    What kind of logic is that
    I don't think there's any logic, it's just an arbitrary statement. No evidence whatsoever. As you said, it's not difficult when you're attempting straight forward stuff all game, and doing it half as often as those around you. I hate this notion that's crept in over a number of years, this idea that a man doing the bare minimum (sometimes less) is some kind of vital cog.

    As for him being captain, I reckon we could have ten first teamers out and he wouldn't even come into consideration.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #58  
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    554
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKnucklesOfAgger View Post
    I don't think there's any logic, it's just an arbitrary statement. No evidence whatsoever. As you said, it's not difficult when you're attempting straight forward stuff all game, and doing it half as often as those around you. I hate this notion that's crept in over a number of years, this idea that a man doing the bare minimum (sometimes less) is some kind of vital cog.

    As for him being captain, I reckon we could have ten first teamers out and he wouldn't even come into consideration.
    I think youíll be surprised when it comes to the captaincy one day.

    Evidence? Gini has played
    more games than any other midfielder and has the most accurate passing. If you want me to get the stats for you I can but since youíre so confident in your opinion I would assume you know exactly where to find them.

    He also wins a higher percentage of duels than anyone in midfield and passes more accurate than anyone in the oppositions half.

    You say no evidence but thatís 4 stats that back up my point. So in case you missed them - most appearances, highest percentage of duels won, most accurate passing and most accurate passing in oppositionís half - than any midfielder.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #59  
    Ganymede is online now Prefers one thread per page
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    33,863
    Quote Originally Posted by aGothAndaJock View Post
    I think youíll be surprised when it comes to the captaincy one day.

    Evidence? Gini has played
    more games than any midfielder and has the most accurate passing. If you want me to get the stats for you I can but since youíre so confident in your opinion I would assume you know exactly where to find them.

    He also wins a higher percentage of duels than anyone in midfield and passes more accurate than anyone in the oppositions half.

    You say no evidence but thatís 4 stats that back up my point. So in case you missed them - most appearances, highest percentage of duels won, most accurate passing and most accurate passing in oppositionís half - than any midfielder.
    Gini is never being our permanent captain ever.

    It's ludicrous to suggest he is an option.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #60  
    Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    122,824
    Quote Originally Posted by aGothAndaJock View Post
    I think you’ll be surprised when it comes to the captaincy one day.

    Evidence? Gini has played
    more games than any other midfielder and has the most accurate passing. If you want me to get the stats for you I can but since you’re so confident in your opinion I would assume you know exactly where to find them.

    He also wins a higher percentage of duels than anyone in midfield and passes more accurate than anyone in the oppositions half.

    You say no evidence but that’s 4 stats that back up my point. So in case you missed them - most appearances, highest percentage of duels won, most accurate passing and most accurate passing in opposition’s half - than any midfielder.
    It helps that he touches the ball less than most of our outfield players and our keeper and passes the ball less than 15 other outfield players in our squad.

    As for winning his duels, he's won 14 tackles this season and we're in mid January. Digest that figure for a moment. 14 tackles.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •