Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 76 of 76

Thread: What is your preferred midfield 3?

  1. #61  
    TheKnucklesOfAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,824
    Quote Originally Posted by aGothAndaJock View Post
    I think youíll be surprised when it comes to the captaincy one day.

    Evidence? Gini has played
    more games than any other midfielder and has the most accurate passing. If you want me to get the stats for you I can but since youíre so confident in your opinion I would assume you know exactly where to find them.

    He also wins a higher percentage of duels than anyone in midfield and passes more accurate than anyone in the oppositions half.

    You say no evidence but thatís 4 stats that back up my point. So in case you missed them - most appearances, highest percentage of duels won, most accurate passing and most accurate passing in oppositionís half - than any midfielder.
    This is getting boring now. Youíre purposely ignoring the fact he plays half the passes of anyone else so you can throw those stats out, anyone would have those figures. Most *********** appearances is not evidence for goodness sake.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #62  
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    554
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKnucklesOfAgger View Post
    This is getting boring now. You’re purposely ignoring the fact he plays half the passes of anyone else so you can throw those stats out, anyone would have those figures. Most *********** appearances is not evidence for goodness sake.
    He's the box to box midfielder! The CB's and the DM's play the most passes in our team ffs. Half the passes of anyone else? Have a look at the stats mate seriously - https://www.premierleague.com/stats/...ers/total_pass - Lovren, Klavan, Hendo and Matip are the top 4 passers in the squad! Seriously, come on, I think that proves that no. of passes isn't everything but we all knew that anyway. Gini is 8th and yet is the most accurate. Not bad IMO.

    And by the way IMO the fact he's been used more than any other midfielder should show you that Jurgen trusts him!

    Quote Originally Posted by Fowi View Post
    It helps that he touches the ball less than most of our outfield players and our keeper and passes the ball less than 15 other outfield players in our squad.

    As for winning his duels, he's won 14 tackles this season and we're in mid January. Digest that figure for a moment. 14 tackles.
    No Fowi he has touched the ball alot more than our keeper - https://www.premierleague.com/stats/...ers/total_pass - it's easy to see who passes and touches the ball the most in our team. CB's and DM's. Joe Gomez is the only anomaly there but we all know how good this kid is. The DM's and CB's (and Joe G) have over 1000 touches, Giji is past the 900 mark (not much in it really) and lies in 12th place for the squad so no, he doesn't pass the ball less than 15 other outfield players in the squad. Also, don't forger that Gini makes his touches in the most congested area of the pitch.

    No, Gini is not known for his ferocious tackling I'll give you that. However, https://www.premierleague.com/stats/...s/total_tackle this shows he's still made more tackles than Klavan, Robertson and is only 2 away from Lovren. That's not a crime in my eyes. I doubt many people would think he had only two less than Lovren. Salah's only had 3 this season, lazy ******* is he?

    He's there to keep the play ticking and does it better than anyone in the team. Goooo onnnn GINI boyyyyyyyy

    Quote Originally Posted by Ganymede View Post
    Gini is never being our permanent captain ever.

    It's ludicrous to suggest he is an option.
    You said the word permanent, Ganymede. Personally, I think it's ludicrous to suggest that it's ludicrous. You absolute baker.
    Last edited by aGothAndaJock; 14-1-18 at 13:10.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #63  
    Fowi is online now Hall of Fame Resident and Top Poster Who Shook The Boards
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    122,824
    You're talking so much nonsense I'm not even going to quote your post. I am not even going to accuse you of being Wijnaldum himself or his family member as they would be too ashamed to have your views. So I will only assume you're trolling us all.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #64  
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    12,146
    Wijnaldum is a nothing player, he will be demoted to the bench as soon as we find any kind of upgrade. The frustating thing for me is he shows in flashes that if he was more confident and proactive there could be a good player in there.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #65  
    Ganymede is online now Prefers one thread per page
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    33,863
    Quote Originally Posted by aGothAndaJock View Post
    He's the box to box midfielder! The CB's and the DM's play the most passes in our team ffs. Half the passes of anyone else? Have a look at the stats mate seriously - https://www.premierleague.com/stats/...ers/total_pass - Lovren, Klavan, Hendo and Matip are the top 4 passers in the squad! Seriously, come on, I think that proves that no. of passes isn't everything but we all knew that anyway. Gini is 8th and yet is the most accurate. Not bad IMO.

    And by the way IMO the fact he's been used more than any other midfielder should show you that Jurgen trusts him!



    No Fowi he has touched the ball alot more than our keeper - https://www.premierleague.com/stats/...ers/total_pass - it's easy to see who passes and touches the ball the most in our team. CB's and DM's. Joe Gomez is the only anomaly there but we all know how good this kid is. The DM's and CB's (and Joe G) have over 1000 touches, Giji is past the 900 mark (not much in it really) and lies in 12th place for the squad so no, he doesn't pass the ball less than 15 other outfield players in the squad. Also, don't forger that Gini makes his touches in the most congested area of the pitch.

    No, Gini is not known for his ferocious tackling I'll give you that. However, https://www.premierleague.com/stats/...s/total_tackle this shows he's still made more tackles than Klavan, Robertson and is only 2 away from Lovren. That's not a crime in my eyes. I doubt many people would think he had only two less than Lovren. Salah's only had 3 this season, lazy ******* is he?

    He's there to keep the play ticking and does it better than anyone in the team. Goooo onnnn GINI boyyyyyyyy



    You said the word permanent and we'll see, anyway.
    Ha you're such a Gini fanboy.

    He's crap, mate. Hopefully he'll be sold or relegated to the bench.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #66  
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    554
    Quote Originally Posted by Fowi View Post
    You're talking so much nonsense I'm not even going to quote your post. I am not even going to accuse you of being Wijnaldum himself or his family member as they would be too ashamed to have your views. So I will only assume you're trolling us all.
    'You're talking so much nonsense'. 'I will only assume you're trolling us all'. - seen this bull **** many times before from many different posters.

    Fowi, you really do encapsulate the culture of these boards.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #67  
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,035
    Can, Lallana, Ox
    Last edited by EmreSam; 14-1-18 at 13:37.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #68  
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,035
    Quote Originally Posted by aGothAndaJock View Post
    Yes he keeps it simple and let’s others create. His game under Klopp is allowing the boys up front to play and he does it quite well. Despite the fact I think Wijnaldum has grossly under perofmed this season in terms of goals and assists, IMO you can clearly
    see the unselfish job he’s doing. He’s box to box and not allowed to give the ball away. This is what Keita could be, but if Klopp decides to put him DM, Wijnaldum will be more apppreciated.
    *********** hell go and watch some Youtube videos of KeÔta and feel ashamed that you even put him in the same sentence as useless Wijnaldum.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #69  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    24,872
    From who we have available now?

    Lallana Emre Ox

    From new transfers?

    Keita New Dm Lallana/Ox
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #70  
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    554
    Quote Originally Posted by -Monk- View Post
    From who we have available now?

    Lallana Emre Ox

    From new transfers?

    Keita New Dm Lallana/Ox
    You think Keita will be box to box and not DM then?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #71  
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,035
    Quote Originally Posted by aGothAndaJock View Post
    I think you’ll be surprised when it comes to the captaincy one day.

    Evidence? Gini has played
    more games than any other midfielder and has the most accurate passing. If you want me to get the stats for you I can but since you’re so confident in your opinion I would assume you know exactly where to find them.

    He also wins a higher percentage of duels than anyone in midfield and passes more accurate than anyone in the oppositions half.

    You say no evidence but that’s 4 stats that back up my point. So in case you missed them - most appearances, highest percentage of duels won, most accurate passing and most accurate passing in opposition’s half - than any midfielder.
    You do realize how skewed your stats are?

    The reason he's won the highest % of duels is because he hardly ever has any *********** duels in the first place. He's won SIX tackles this season. Can, Ox and Henderson have all played less minutes and won 11, 36 and 19 tackles respectively. I'd rather my player win 36 tackles and lose 40, than win SIX and lose 14.

    This season, Gini has won 0.38 tackles per 90 minutes. That's less than Henderson, Lallana and Emre Can.

    He's won 0.57 aerial duels per 90 minutes. That's less than Henderson, Lallana and Emre Can.

    He's made 1.52 take ons per 90 minutes, fair play, but still less than Lallana.

    He's made 1.08 interceptions per 90 minutes, less than Emre Can.

    He's created 0.7 chances per 90 minutes, less than Henderson, Lallana and Emre Can.

    He's made 0.63 key passes per 90 minutes, less than Henderson, Lallan and Emre Can.

    But congratulations, his pass completion is 88% significantly higher than all of Lallana (85%), Can (86%) and Henderson (83%).

    Wijnaldum is a jack of all trades and a master of absolutely nothing apart from being invisible.

    Also as if you're using 'most appearances' to back up your point - not like Lallana, Henderson and Can have all had time out injured since Wijnaldum's arrival.
    Last edited by EmreSam; 14-1-18 at 13:54.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #72  
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,035
    Quote Originally Posted by aGothAndaJock View Post
    You think Keita will be box to box and not DM then?
    That's what he is. Unless Klopp wants to convert him but that'd be a massive waste
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #73  
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    554
    Quote Originally Posted by EmreSam View Post
    You do realize how skewed your stats are?

    The reason he's won the highest % of duels is because he hardly ever has any *********** duels in the first place. He's won SIX tackles this season. Can, Ox and Henderson have all played less minutes and won 11, 36 and 19 tackles respectively. I'd rather my player win 36 tackles and lose 40, than win SIX and lose 14.

    This season, Gini has won 0.38 tackles per 90 minutes. That's less than Henderson, Lallana and Emre Can.

    He's won 0.57 aerial duels per 90 minutes. That's less than Henderson, Lallana and Emre Can.

    He's made 1.52 take ons per 90 minutes, fair play, but still less than Lallana.

    He's made 1.08 interceptions per 90 minutes, less than Emre Can.

    He's created 0.7 chances per 90 minutes, less than Henderson, Lallana and Emre Can.

    He's made 0.63 key passes per 90 minutes, less than Henderson, Lallan and Emre Can.

    But congratulations, his pass completion is 88% significantly higher than all of Lallana (85%), Can (86%) and Henderson (83%).

    Wijnaldum is a jack of all trades and a master of absolutely nothing apart from being invisible.

    Also as if you're using 'most appearances' to back up your point - not like Lallana, Henderson and Can have all had time out injured since Wijnaldum's arrival.
    The way you've wrote that suggests that you think the Ox has more tackles than Emre Can? Can you clarify please? The official stats are here and don't add up at all with what you're suggesting and thefore makes me doubt anything else you've said. What's your source? Here's mine - https://www.premierleague.com/stats/...s/total_tackle

    Quote Originally Posted by EmreSam View Post
    That's what he is. Unless Klopp wants to convert him but that'd be a massive waste
    If that's his best position that would be a shame but we have loads of 8's. We'll need another DM then or Klopp might just stick with Henderson,
    Last edited by aGothAndaJock; 14-1-18 at 14:14.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #74  
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    554
    Firmino's goal -

    Together with the Ox, Gini wins it off De Bruyne, quick little pivot, 5 yard pass (if that) sends Ox into oceans of space, magic from Firmino, goal. He has great awareness and positioning and it's easy to see why it goes unnoticed. His game is simple but very effective.

    Ox and Can were brilliant today. I like the current midfield trio for now and am in no rush to see Lallana back in the XI.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #75  
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    24,880
    I'm much more optimistic about our midfield watching Oxlade-Chamberlain today. Him and Lallana will bring more creativity.

    With Keita in there we can go toe to toe with City next year. We just need to make sure we sign a very good DM though. If Rabiot decides to leave on 12 months left of his deal, break the bank for him.

    Rabiot - Keita - Ox/Lallana midfield will be a joy to watch.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #76  
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    860
    Next season Keita ox and lallana
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •