Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 145

Thread: Will the Kop sing this against City?

  1. #31  
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by martinmc View Post
    For possibly the only time ever, I agree with Ganymede.

    Not only won't I be singing it, I'll be scowling disapprovingly at anyone around me who does.

    EDIT: not that anyone sings in the posh seats anyway.
    I enjoyed the bit about the posh seats!!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #32  
    GivinItBifters is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    10,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganymede View Post
    Nope, I certainly won't be.

    It's cringe.
    Totally. Also you can't adapt a song we already sing, it's just wrong.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #33  
    aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    53,008
    Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleSulk View Post
    Are people trying to pretend football chants aren't just daft nonsense? Its just a bit of fun. Beats the hell out of the rows of moaning zombies the past few years at least.
    Itís classless and itís a small club mentality chant
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #34  
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,302
    Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    It’s classless and it’s a small club mentality chant
    Yeah im with you...Liverpool should only be singing chants by multiple BRIT Award winning songwriters, with deep, meaningful lyrics that reflect on our past glories, look forwards to future glory, and bemoan the cost of pies
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #35  
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    6,312
    Quote Originally Posted by RollySlowly View Post
    Yeah im with you...Liverpool should only be singing chants by multiple BRIT Award winning songwriters, with deep, meaningful lyrics that reflect on our past glories, look forwards to future glory, and bemoan the cost of pies
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #36  
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    20,670
    I will not be singing this tomorrow, no.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #37  
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,172
    Iíve been singing it all day
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #38  
    tweepie is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    29,290
    So poor Mane gets his song taken off him and he's now incorporated in with his two attacking partners and a former colleague?

    Chant was fine as it was...mentioning Coutinho at the end is just cringeworthy.

    On behalf of all Irish people I apologise for that embarrassing video.
    We don't all shake rice. :
    YNWA
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #39  
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    4,036
    Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    Same here he’s a **** with the intelligence of a cabbage

    As for singing it get real I would hope anyone standing next to anyone who tries it gives them a good kick up the arse
    Didn't realize we had song snobs among us. Just sing it or give up your ticket please.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #40  
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    20,670
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrytibbs View Post
    Just sing it or give up your ticket please.
    Buy one yourself and show him how it's done.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #41  
    Mersey Dudek is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12,352
    Quote Originally Posted by tweepie View Post
    So poor Mane gets his song taken off him and he's now incorporated in with his two attacking partners and a former colleague?

    Chant was fine as it was...mentioning Coutinho at the end is just cringeworthy.

    On behalf of all Irish people I apologise for that embarrassing video.
    We don't all shake rice. :
    Exactly. We already sing the ******* tune for Mane anyway. It was hardly the work of a genius yet it gets all this airtime.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #42  
    aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    53,008
    Quote Originally Posted by tweepie View Post
    So poor Mane gets his song taken off him and he's now incorporated in with his two attacking partners and a former colleague?

    Chant was fine as it was...mentioning Coutinho at the end is just cringeworthy.

    On behalf of all Irish people I apologise for that embarrassing video.
    We don't all shake rice. :
    Exactly the Coutinho reference is just stupidity

    Thanks for the apology i appreciate its difficulty to type while riding your horse round the back garden
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #43  
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,449
    listen , i on soccer am it was a laugh and its catchy but it would be far too cringey to sing at the game
    Eagle Face Moron
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #44  
    aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    53,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrytibbs View Post
    Didn't realize we had song snobs among us. Just sing it or give up your ticket please.
    Yay letís all start chanting ďwho are yerĒ and ďyouíre **** ahhĒ maybe even a little pigbag every *******g time we score
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #45  
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    138
    Yes. Sing it.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #46  
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    12,137
    Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    Exactly the Coutinho reference is just stupidity

    Thanks for the apology i appreciate its difficulty to type while riding your horse round the back garden
    ...with a pig under your arm.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #47  
    aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    53,008
    Quote Originally Posted by gedzredz View Post
    ...with a pig under your arm.
    Lol
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #48  
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    624
    Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    Exactly the Coutinho reference is just stupidity

    Thanks for the apology i appreciate its difficulty to type while riding your horse round the back garden
    A bit like that rubberbandits horse song?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #49  
    tweepie is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    29,290
    Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    Exactly the Coutinho reference is just stupidity

    Thanks for the apology i appreciate its difficulty to type while riding your horse round the back garden
    (Offishilly I'm offended )

    YNWA
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #50  
    aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    53,008
    Quote Originally Posted by tweepie View Post
    (Offishilly I'm offended )

    Lol
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #51  
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,939
    I haven’t got a ticket to the game nor have I ever been to Anfield,



    BUT,



    if there’s a stoppage time winner by one of our lads, then **** it, I’ll be singing
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #52  
    Ganymede is online now Prefers one thread per page
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    33,861
    It's a good job that this forum is full of armchair fans who have never been to Anfield in their lives.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #53  
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganymede View Post
    It's a good job that this forum is full of armchair fans who have never been to Anfield in their lives.
    And? What's your point?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #54  
    TheKnucklesOfAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,814
    Quote Originally Posted by kSalahSalah View Post
    And? What's your point?
    Iím always reluctant to get involved in these kind of debates, everyone is entitled to an opinion whether theyíre matchgoing fans or not, but if youíve been to Anfield or many games in general, then youíd realise why itís a bit lame. It just wonít happen.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #55  
    Ganymede is online now Prefers one thread per page
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    33,861
    Quote Originally Posted by kSalahSalah View Post
    And? What's your point?
    That luckily the ones wanting it sung won't ever be at Anfield so it'll never happen.

    Phew!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #56  
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,028
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKnucklesOfAgger View Post
    Iím always reluctant to get involved in these kind of debates, everyone is entitled to an opinion whether theyíre matchgoing fans or not, but if youíve been to Anfield or many games in general, then youíd realise why itís a bit lame. It just wonít happen.
    What ****es me off is idiots who think their **** don't stink because they've been to Anfield. I pay my membership even known I live on the other side of the planet because I love the club. Apparently that doesn't mean **** to the Anfield snobs because I'm not a local. I couldn't give two ***** if people sing the song or don't. Just don't *********** marginalize people because they can't get there.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #57  
    aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    53,008
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKnucklesOfAgger View Post
    Iím always reluctant to get involved in these kind of debates, everyone is entitled to an opinion whether theyíre matchgoing fans or not, but if youíve been to Anfield or many games in general, then youíd realise why itís a bit lame. It just wonít happen.
    Correct
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #58  
    aylesbyred is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    53,008
    Quote Originally Posted by kSalahSalah View Post
    What ****es me off is idiots who think their **** don't stink because they've been to Anfield. I pay my membership even known I live on the other side of the planet because I love the club. Apparently that doesn't mean **** to the Anfield snobs because I'm not a local. I couldn't give two ***** if people sing the song or don't. Just don't *********** marginalize people because they can't get there.
    Heís right
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #59  
    Ganymede is online now Prefers one thread per page
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    33,861
    Quote Originally Posted by kSalahSalah View Post
    What ****es me off is idiots who think their **** don't stink because they've been to Anfield. I pay my membership even known I live on the other side of the planet because I love the club. Apparently that doesn't mean **** to the Anfield snobs because I'm not a local. I couldn't give two ***** if people sing the song or don't. Just don't *********** marginalize people because they can't get there.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #60  
    TheKnucklesOfAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    10,814
    Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    Heís right
    Thatís the thing, Iím not trying to rattle the lad or anyone else. Itís just the way it is.

    And I can assure everyone my **** smells rank.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •