Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 87 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,370 of 2594

Thread: The Battle to be #1 Goalkeeper Thread 2017/18

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    I think that was more to do with Klopp’s ‘priorities’ in building his team. Once we sort our midfield out, the Keeper position will have nowhere to hide if it doesn’t perform
    Keeper has nowhere to hide anyway. If they don't do their job, please shut the door on the way out. Migs has been poor so is a gonna and rightly so, if Karius doesn't keep improving, he can jog on too.
    Karius has improved in the last couple of games and that upward curve needs to stay upwards!!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    Grujic stayed with Belgrade on loan. Perhaps I should've posted 'No new players appeared in the side until the summer.'
    Then that would apply to the attackers also then, doesn't signify any 'neglect' for any particular area of the side.

WinterPoolStark is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertojones View Post
    Keeper has nowhere to hide anyway. If they don't do their job, please shut the door on the way out. Migs has been poor so is a gonna and rightly so, if Karius doesn't keep improving, he can jog on too.
    Karius has improved in the last couple of games and that upward curve needs to stay upwards!!
    can’t wait for the day we only talk about our Keepers to praise them every 3-4 games

Karius, Matip, Klavan, Manninger (as a Coach for the Keepers). That’s our ‘number 1’ (hopefully) Keeper in his first Window*.

*we’re counting Summer Windows here, we don’t really do business in Jan. Just some mopping up
    Then Robertson last summer and we clearly wanted Virgil. Now we have him.

That's arguably 4 new players in our best back 5, and TAA and Gomez are also 'new', in the space of 2 and a bit seasons. Still ??? over Karius but the other additions at least look like they could be in the first team for a while - that's a pretty fair success rate imo.

I think Keita will add a lot of strength to our midfield, and I like to think we'll also be looking at a new 6 of some description, and GK may well need revisiting - but I think our options across the back 4 are pretty strong.

I don’t think he will, but if Klopp plays Mignolet tomorrow it could quite possibly be the biggest mistake he’s made as Liverpool manager. I think he’s recent comments show that Karius is playing though.

Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    Then Robertson last summer and we clearly wanted Virgil. Now we have him.

That's arguably 4 new players in our best back 5, and TAA and Gomez are also 'new', in the space of 2 and a bit seasons. Still ??? over Karius but the other additions at least look like they could be in the first team for a while - that's a pretty fair success rate imo.

I think Keita will add a lot of strength to our midfield, and I like to think we'll also be looking at a new 6 of some description, and GK may well need revisiting - but I think our options across the back 4 are pretty strong.
    Which pretty much shows he ‘is’ building from the back

Quote Originally Posted by S_7 View Post
    I don’t think he will, but if Klopp plays Mignolet tomorrow it could quite possibly be the biggest mistake he’s made as Liverpool manager. I think he’s recent comments show that Karius is playing though.
    He said Karius all the way

DiddlerDave is online now First team regular
    Which pretty much shows he ‘is’ building from the back
    I acknowledge your employment of the present tense there, mate.

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Another solid game from Karius, following probably his best game for us against Southampton. For the first time, I have a bit of optimism about him. Hopefully he continues to improve with a run of games.

MishMasch is offline First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Another solid game from Karius, following probably his best game for us against Southampton. For the first time, I have a bit of optimism about him. Hopefully he continues to improve with a run of games.
    Its great to see VVD marshalling the defence. Always looked too much like 5 blokes working independently rather than as a unit. Appears like Karius is benefiting from a greater collective understanding and VVD seems to like a keeper who will come off his line rather than hanging back

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MishMasch View Post
    Its great to see VVD marshalling the defence. Always looked too much like 5 blokes working independently rather than as a unit. Appears like Karius is benefiting from a greater collective understanding and VVD seems to like a keeper who will come off his line rather than hanging back
    Yeah, good point, I think VvD is definitely a controlling and calming influence in there now and as you say, Karius will benefit from that. It's just starting to look better all round in defence/keeper, but we've seen this before, so hopefully it continues. The more Karius plays, I'd hope he irons out the errors in his game, learns what he can and can't do and just settles down into a comfortable rythmn. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by MishMasch View Post
    Yes, he talks and urges throughout.

I thought his kicking was poor last night and had a laugh when he caught VVDs head. No panic from me on crosses, corners or even attacks now. There was a point where I thought he should have come off the line faster last night as well, but all in all I think he's doing ok. Another clean sheet will just help building confidence.

I thought his kicking was poor last night and had a laugh when he caught VVDs head. No panic from me on crosses, corners or even attacks now. There was a point where I thought he should have come off the line faster last night as well, but all in all I think he's doing ok. Another clean sheet will just help building confidence.
    The conditions were awful. He made the right calls in my opinion of when to come off his line. Caught everything pretty clean despite the weather. It

Quote Originally Posted by FSG-VanBasten View Post
    The conditions were awful. He made the right calls in my opinion of when to come off his line. Caught everything pretty clean despite the weather. It
    Yeah, the rain was horrendous at times. He did fine.

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlerDave View Post
    Yeah, the rain was horrendous at times. He did fine.
    This thread is certainly quieter.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

Most clean sheets in the CL, this season.

Really is stepping up.

Nice to not be constantly panicking when the ball goes down our end of the field. Even if it's just doing the simple things properly.

If he can continue like this then we should have no problems making top 4 and really looking to push into the last 4 of the CL.

canookiewookie is online now Academy prospect
    Sometimes all it takes is a bit of patience to see that there is a good player there.

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Barring a disaster, he's our keeper next season.

I see why Klopp wanted him now.

Can’t wait to hear how he was “OK” and was at fault for that spurs goal 2 weeks ago.

Boss Karius keep it up!

we wil get butland and sell migs

Quote Originally Posted by mihamiha23 View Post
    we wil get butland and sell migs
    Doubt it. Butland will not want to play second fiddle to Karius.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanBro View Post
    Doubt it. Butland will not want to play second fiddle to Karius.
    he will play in champions league,cups and some games in premier

Quote Originally Posted by mihamiha23 View Post
    he will play in champions league,cups and some games in premier
    No chance, Butland is a first choice keeper.

No chance, Butland is a first choice keeper.
    He'd definitely be priced as one.

It’s weird that we’re being linked to keepers lately just as one of ours starts playing well. I read the bbc transfer gossip in the mornings(more out of ritual than for any substance), and for as long as I can remember, and for as bad as our keepers have been, we’ve never been linked to keepers- small sample size obviously.

Karius plays a few stormers and now they’re even quoting prices we’re going to pay for Butland. Maybe this should be in the bbc bias thread...

Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    It’s weird that we’re being linked to keepers lately just as one of ours starts playing well. I read the bbc transfer gossip in the mornings(more out of ritual than for any substance), and for as long as I can remember, and for as bad as our keepers have been, we’ve never been linked to keepers- small sample size obviously.

Karius plays a few stormers and now they’re even quoting prices we’re going to pay for Butland. Maybe this should be in the bbc bias thread...
    A few stormers ??
    He's doing what's expected of him and has a long way to go before we start laying out the red carpet for him .
    Christ.

Quote Originally Posted by rederman View Post
    A few stormers ??
    He's doing what's expected of him and has a long way to go before we start laying out the red carpet for him .
    Christ.

It’s a fine line we tread on here...

The merest hint of critique, and you’re considered to be hating him. Too strong a compliment, and you’re rolling out the red carpet.

Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post

Stormers? He's not made a save yet unless it's was straight at him.
    He cost us s goal and a pen v city
    Had easy saves v saints and nothing to do last night.
    I noticed he stayed rooted to his line for every corner last night......failing to command his 6 yard box.
    Hes not made any major bloopers......but lets not give him the golden gloves just yet

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonedtraveller View Post
    Stormers? He's not made a save yet unless it's was straight at him.
    He cost us s goal and a pen v city
    Had easy saves v saints and nothing to do last night.
    I noticed he stayed rooted to his line for every corner last night......failing to command his 6 yard box.
    Hes not made any major bloopers......but lets not give him the golden gloves just yet
    Haha, still plugging away. Gotta admire your persistence if nothing else.