Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Will LFC win the battle to finish in the top 4?

TattooedByAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by setpieceking View Post
    Mm... If west brom do Chelsea tomorrow... We should start looking up rather than behind us
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

AnfieldSouth41 is online now Academy prospect
    Big result for top 4.

Utd will be looking over their shoulders now too at Us, SPurs and CHelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    Still very tight. I won’t lie, I’m not looking forward to the rest of this season. I have more confidence for the CL
    Really? It's going to be close, it's going to be exciting, no doubt with a few unexpected twists and turns - and we're right in the thick of it. I love it. Shame it's not for the title, but it's plenty important enough to keep it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterPoolStark View Post
    Still very tight. I wonít lie, Iím not looking forward to the rest of this season. I have more confidence for the CL
    Really? We're just 2pts of the 2nd spot.

Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    Some nice ‘other games’ for us lately, suits us very nicely for them to be taking points off each other.
    It's helped that we've got some of our big second half of the season clashes out of the way already - and with the win over City and draws vs Arsenal and Spurs at least no-one's got the better of us.

Games lost this Season

City 1
    Liverpool 3
    Utd 5
    Spurs 5
    Chelsea 6

Pretty impressive.

Next Premier League games

Man Utd v Chelsea
    Liverpool v West Ham

A draw in that game and a 2 goal win for us will see us 2nd :O

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    What do we want from the Utd - Chelsea game coming up next in the league for them? A Utd win would surely be a boost for top 4, but a Chelsea win or a draw would put us right up in the mix for 2nd. Chelsea play City away after that too. And we still have to play Utd away in a few weeks.

Warten Auf 19 is online now Another New User Name
    Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    What do we want from the Utd - Chelsea game coming up next in the league for them? A Utd win would surely be a boost for top 4, but a Chelsea win or a draw would put us right up in the mix for 2nd. Chelsea play City away after that too. And we still have to play Utd away in a few weeks.
    Draw or Chelsea win, if we beat West Ham. If we don't beat West Ham then a draw.
    "The best way not to lose is to win." - Jurgen Klopp 06/12/2017

Quote Originally Posted by AnfieldSouth41 View Post
    Next Premier League games

Man Utd v Chelsea
    Liverpool v West Ham

A draw in that game and a 2 goal win for us will see us 2nd :O
    A win for Chelsea and they've got an excellent record at the toilet and a win for us puts us 2nd by a point.

Assuming Chelsea win tomorrow, it has to be a draw, both dropping two points would be brilliant. As close as both are to us, 1 point or no points is much of a muchness, though would put Utd 3 ahead with gd.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

Draw would really suit us.But I would really love to see Chelsea thrash those *****.

TattooedByAgger is online now Academy prospect
    A draw for me. I think we would benefit the most from both sides dropping points.

Quote Originally Posted by TattooedByAgger View Post
    A draw for me. I think we would benefit the most from both sides dropping points.
    I suppose.

A draw and a win for us increases our gap on Chelsea to 4 points. That's provided Chelsea win tomorrow of course. At this stage of the season it's about accumulating points. If last season is anything to go by, 8 wins from our last 11 games should seal CL football.

Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    Assuming Chelsea win tomorrow, it has to be a draw, both dropping two points would be brilliant. As close as both are to us, 1 point or no points is much of a muchness, though would put Utd 3 ahead with gd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anil_Y2j View Post
    Draw would really suit us.But I would really love to see Chelsea thrash those *****.
    Quote Originally Posted by TattooedByAgger View Post
    Obviously I'd be happy with a draw, but I'm assuming that Chelsea will almost certainly drop points against City away in their next game, so a Chelsea win would really help us close the gap on Utd. If we could then beat Utd at Old Trafford I think we'd be favourites for 2nd, never mind top 4. And Utd might even drop out entirely, which would be hilarious.

Warten Auf 19 is online now Another New User Name
    Obviously I'd be happy with a draw, but I'm assuming that Chelsea will almost certainly drop points against City away in their next game, so a Chelsea win would really help us close the gap on Utd. If we could then beat Utd at Old Trafford I think we'd be favourites for 2nd, never mind top 4. And Utd might even drop out entirely, which would be hilarious.
    And no Europa League to save them this time.
    "The best way not to lose is to win." - Jurgen Klopp 06/12/2017

Yeah, the thought that Utd could possibly drop out of it is just comedy gold.

Having said that, I just think I’d rather a bit of a gap to whoever below us, and Chelsea picking up 3 points wouldn’t make me feel great in that regard. It might even give them the spark to wake up again, and we really don’t need that. City could well be easing off in the league too and focusing more on Europe, so I wouldn’t be too certain about that match.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

TheSoundLady is offline Optimistic Poster of the Season 2013-14
    Battle is for the top 2.

I want Chelsea to beat United because I want 2nd place.

Quote Originally Posted by Warten Auf 19 View Post
    And no Europa League to save them this time.
    Would almost like Arsenal to win it if that happened just so Utd could be the only ones to miss out.

Daymo68 is offline One Post At A Time
    Going to go to the wire.

Things will chop and change every other weekend.

We were one minute from going 5 clear of Spurs last weekend then in the blink of an eye it’s back to 2.

Arsenal thrash Everton and it’s back on for them, then they lose the London Derby and it’s looking tough.

Chelsea 2 heavy defeats on the bounce out of nowhere and they look vulnerable.

United suprisingly Loss to the geordies and they are dragged back in.

It will be very much like this for all the top four challengers as the weeks go by.

For us we have to hope we stay clear of injury to the front 3. If we get that bit of luck there then we have a good chance.
    Last edited by Daymo68; 12-2-18 at 10:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Daymo68 View Post
    Going to go to the wire.

We were one minute from going 5 clear of Spurs last weekend then in the blink of an eye itís back to 2.

Arsenal thrash Everton and itís back on for them, then they lose the London Derby and itís looking tough.

It will be very much like this for all the top four challengers as the weeks go by.

For us we have to hope we stay clear of injury to the front 3. If we get that bit of luck there then we have a good chance.
    If not for **** officiating we would've been level on points with united.

Nothing to do with crap officiating - we didn't do enough to win, so the fallback is its someones elses fault

Quote Originally Posted by Mysteron View Post
    Nothing to do with crap officiating - we didn't do enough to win, so the fallback is its someones elses fault
    Oh come on, Ron... even you cannot ignore the fact that moss and his assistant cost us the 2 pts.

We didn’t do enough second half for sure which was disappointing and Spurs were very good. However other than the Son one on one we gave them very little which was one positive. The less said about the officiating the better. However I did think it was the correct decision on the 2nd penalty, although I can see both sides.

Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Daymo68 View Post
    Going to go to the wire.

We were one minute from going 5 clear of Spurs last weekend then in the blink of an eye it’s back to 2.

Arsenal thrash Everton and it’s back on for them, then they lose the London Derby and it’s looking tough.

Chelsea 2 heavy defeats on the bounce out of nowhere and they look vulnerable.

We are playing better than our rivals for a top 4 place.

Quote Originally Posted by agb1037 View Post
    I’d say Spurs are playing very well at the moment also.

I think they are a better balanced side than ourselves.

However just 1 defeat in 22 shows even with our issues we are getting results which bodes well for sure. However even with that very good record 2nd to 5th is very tight.

We just have to stay consistent with winning as the difference between all the sides overall is minimal

Again just hope we are lucky with injuries till the end of the season. Especially the front 3.

Quote Originally Posted by agb1037 View Post
    We have lost three games... not bad for this season, eh?

Surprised UTD have lost five already!

Oh come on, Ron... even you cannot ignore the fact that moss and his assistant cost us the 2 pts.
    Every game it happens - the playacting and theatractics - they are cute if we do it and win - and there is outrage if it happens against us..
    But the truth is we didn't turn up in the 2nd half, we tried to see a 1-0 out and got found out...

Every game it happens - the playacting and theatractics - they are cute if we do it and win - and there is outrage if it happens against us..
    But the truth is we didn't turn up in the 2nd half, we tried to see a 1-0 out and got found out...
    You are right to a point but Tottenham are a very good side so there is no shame in being within a minute of winning when not playing at our best. A contentious decision got them a point so it’s not all bad. Seeing out games we aren’t perfect but we sit 3rd..above Spurs..one defeat in 22 so at this moment in time we are doing ok. Let’s hope it continues.