Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Will LFC win the battle to finish in the top 4?

Quote Originally Posted by SriHanuman View Post
    Yes.. If Spurs lose Kane than neither Llorente nor Lemela will soften the blow.
    If Chelsea loses Hazard than neither Giroud nor Barkley will soften the blow.
    Both Spurs and Chelsea are too reliant on Hazard and Kane, while as a team we if we lose one of Firmino/Mane/Salah than Ox, Lallana or Ings can slot in and we are not too bad.
    Because Ox, Lallana or Ings have been such prolific goal scorers in the recent past. I still say the same thing: if we lose any of our three attackers for a number of games we're done.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by MacFoley'1975 View Post
    What has Ings done in the past few years?
    Listening to the Klopp presser after the Huddersfield game, Ingsy has impressed Klopp and doing things the way Klopp expects him to do.
    He has never spoke of Sturridge as highly and always seemed to be annoyed with his fitness.

Bit of an odd comparison. Player to a manager.
    What is possible against what did happen - not odd

Quote Originally Posted by Thomsy13 View Post
    Because Ox, Lallana or Ings have been such prolific goal scorers in the recent past. I still say the same thing: if we lose any of our three attackers for a number of games we're done.
    Like we have been relying on any individual player to win us matches under klopp.
    Lallana and Ox has had a massive effect to the team when we have to start them when one of the fab 4 had been missing.
    I still think we are in a good shape as a team atleast better off then Spurs and Chelsea.

Quote Originally Posted by SriHanuman View Post
    Like we have been relying on any individual player to win us matches under klopp.
    Lallana and Ox has had a massive effect to the team when we have to start them when one of the fab 4 had been missing.
    I still think we are in a good shape as a team atleast better off then Spurs and Chelsea.
    Lallana hasn't had an effect on this season so far at all, and Ox is way too inconsisent to me. Now he would have to replace one of the fab 4 permanently, not just for one or two games. And yes of course we have been relying on individuals under Klopp. Just look at the goal scorers this season. Our midfielders barely score goals and our current attacking options on the bench have zero, yes zero goals between them.

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Klopp doesn't miss many games, very reliable manager.

Some of them you could compare on ground covered during a game..............
    People will believe what they want to believe

Quote Originally Posted by Solstice1983 View Post
    Or scored too little.
    We win a lot of games we score 2+ goals in, some odd exceptions but problem is we don't score 2+ as often as we should given the possession, chances and basically talent we have in attack.

We could concede less, but Karius has this season kept SIX clean sheets in like a dozen games so not like we ship goals all the time, even Mignolet keeps clean sheets!

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Klopp doesn't miss many games, very reliable manager.
    Now you are stretching it

I think we need to hire REALY good psychologist to work with the team
    I can't stomach how scum players had being able to battle and grind results against lesser team (and not only) while we crumble unexpectedly and lose confidence in an instant.
    We need confidence and ...bowls !
    We have quality to hold on to top 4 if we manage to show character.

Lallana hasn't had an effect on this season so far at all, and Ox is way too inconsisent to me. Now he would have to replace one of the fab 4 permanently, not just for one or two games. And yes of course we have been relying on individuals under Klopp. Just look at the goal scorers this season. Our midfielders barely score goals and our current attacking options on the bench have zero, yes zero goals between them.
    Lol... you have not been watching us play. Yes this season Salah has scored most of the goals but under Klopp we have always attacked as a team and created so many chances.
    Lallana has just come back from injury and slowly getting back to form. Ox has not done so bad this season.
    I can only tell you to relax and enjoy watching us play rather than worrying what other teams are doing.

Nothing? Didnít say he had I said if we donít get injuries we will be fine. If Firmino gets injured we are ****** and Sturridge wouldnít have solved anything.

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by S_7 View Post
    Nothing? Didn’t say he had I said if we don’t get injuries we will be fine. If Firmino gets injured we are ****** and Sturridge wouldn’t have solved anything.

No worries! I agree there with what you said.
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

As long as we are scoring goals and the midfielders are supplying the ammo. what's the problem. We are now 3rd if you look at the table.

We're as about as good as our rivals around us as the table shows, trips to Chelsea and Utd will be difficult not to mention the derby at Goodison, but it'll be more about how the sides cope with champions league football.

A few on here seem obsessed with our weaknesses but none of our rivals are without theirs if you watch them for long enough and not assume they are superior (as the table shows).

I think Spurs will have a squad depth issue, Arsenal have a points deficit and no midfield to speak of to contend with, while Utd despite all their spending seem to be stuttering again with a manager who I think will find it increasingly hard to utilise the attacking talents at his disposal....while Pogba remains very much more about hype than reality

Chelsea are a bit weird, Conte is at odds with the team and seems unsettled and not happy with his squad and they lack a trusty striker which their system relies on far more. Morata's a confidence player and Giroud will help but not shoulder the burden.

So its anyone's guess as three of the 5 teams including us, have the capacity to collapse or implode with drama, Arsenal and Spurs being the other two

Less than Sturridge, but the way people talk about the two in very different terms you'd think the records were the other way around

last 3 seasons including this

Ings : 3 goals in 15 apps
    Sturridge : 23 goals in 66 apps

Sturridge is injury prone, Ings' name doesn't even draw a mention as to why he's played a quarter of the games that Sturridge has, and in spite of being 'injured all the time' Sturridge has scored TWENTY more goals, but apparently he contributes nothing and again Ings is barely mentioned in terms of his lack of contribution.

Oh and apparently Sturridge has had (only) "one good season", well Ings has barely had that. 26 goals in the Championship one season, 11 goals in the Premiership the next adding up to his remotely significant contributions whilst Sturridge has registered 24, 13, 13, 12 and 11 with the 12 being 4 for Chelsea and 8 for Bolton.

Granted Ings is younger, but only by about three years. Not much pressure on Danny boy to score in his next three seasons to get close to those FIVE returns of 10+ goals by the age of 29... (Sturridge may even add to it, 3-0 up on his namesake this season in terms of goals scored) Someone made a big deal about Ings being English and scoring 11 goals in the top flight at his age then (22?), Sturridge scored 11 league goals in 11/12 at the same age. Oh and Ings would have to play 86 times in the next three seasons to match Sturridge's current 274 apps in all competitions, he's managed 15 in his past three so averaging 28-29 for three seasons would be quite something. Think he'll be gone if not this summer then next, sad that three years younger, talked up by some, and may as well leave with Sturridge

My feeling is, our season is not exclusively dependent, but certainly pretty dependent on one player. And that one player is Lallana. On lots of occasions last season he was the catalyst of so much of our good play, however due to injuries his season has been a non-start.

With Coutinho gone, we need our creative players to step up. If Lallana performs, and with the points advantage we have on the board already, we should be able to retain our top 4 status.

Saying that if, he + the likes of Ox, Salah, Mane and Firmino don't hit top gear, we will miss out. Spurs have strengthened, Arsenal have transformed their front line and Chelsea have added depth.

Going to be too close for comfort!

Quote Originally Posted by agb1037 View Post
    As long as we are scoring goals and the midfielders are supplying the ammo. what's the problem. We are now 3rd if you look at the table.
    This sounds to me like when we beat Dortmund in a pre-season game right after we sold Suarez and people told me i should not be worried about the upcoming season we just beat one of the best teams in Europe. If you know what i mean. We are now 3rd and we achieved that WITH Coutinho, not without him. Let's see how we do without him. My problem is that we looked all lost against the mighty Swansea and West Brom and i expect many performances like those now without a single creative midfielder who can unlock defences.

MacFoley'1975 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDarknessIsCalling View Post
    Less than Sturridge, but the way people talk about the two in very different terms you'd think the records were the other way around

last 3 seasons including this

Ings : 3 goals in 15 apps
    Sturridge : 23 goals in 66 apps

Sturridge is injury prone, Ings' name doesn't even draw a mention as to why he's played a quarter of the games that Sturridge has, and in spite of being 'injured all the time' Sturridge has scored TWENTY more goals, but apparently he contributes nothing and again Ings is barely mentioned in terms of his lack of contribution.

Oh and apparently Sturridge has had (only) "one good season", well Ings has barely had that. 26 goals in the Championship one season, 11 goals in the Premiership the next adding up to his remotely significant contributions whilst Sturridge has registered 24, 13, 13, 12 and 11 with the 12 being 4 for Chelsea and 8 for Bolton.

Granted Ings is younger, but only by about three years. Not much pressure on Danny boy to score in his next three seasons to get close to those FIVE returns of 10+ goals by the age of 29... (Sturridge may even add to it, 3-0 up on his namesake this season in terms of goals scored) Someone made a big deal about Ings being English and scoring 11 goals in the top flight at his age then (22?), Sturridge scored 11 league goals in 11/12 at the same age. Oh and Ings would have to play 86 times in the next three seasons to match Sturridge's current 274 apps in all competitions, he's managed 15 in his past three so averaging 28-29 for three seasons would be quite something. Think he'll be gone if not this summer then next, sad that three years younger, talked up by some, and may as well leave with Sturridge
    Thanks for this Darkness. Well written out this.

Ings and Solanke to cover for Bobby. Well, hope Bobby remains healthy for the rest of the season.
    The Normal One (Emlyn is in the house) - Est 1975

Quote Originally Posted by welshypool View Post
    We're as about as good as our rivals around us as the table shows, trips to Chelsea and Utd will be difficult not to mention the derby at Goodison, but it'll be more about how the sides cope with champions league football.

A few on here seem obsessed with our weaknesses but none of our rivals are without theirs if you watch them for long enough and not assume they are superior (as the table shows).

I think Spurs will have a squad depth issue, Arsenal have a points deficit and no midfield to speak of to contend with, while Utd despite all their spending seem to be stuttering again with a manager who I think will find it increasingly hard to utilise the attacking talents at his disposal....while Pogba remains very much more about hype than reality

Chelsea are a bit weird, Conte is at odds with the team and seems unsettled and not happy with his squad and they lack a trusty striker which their system relies on far more. Morata's a confidence player and Giroud will help but not shoulder the burden.

So its anyone's guess as three of the 5 teams including us, have the capacity to collapse or implode with drama, Arsenal and Spurs being the other two
    Funny really that it's gone a little under the radar, but this was the window they sold Costa.

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    Funny really that it's gone a little under the radar, but this was the window they sold Costa.
    Well probably because the transfer was agreed ages ago and he hasn't played for Chelsea this season, so it kind of got filed under last summer's business. Thank god they sold him though, he was a right pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Well probably because the transfer was agreed ages ago and he hasn't played for Chelsea this season, so it kind of got filed under last summer's business. Thank god they sold him though, he was a right pain in the ass.
    Yeah I guess. It just highlights even more for me the fact they still had a player that could have been the answer to a lot of their problems.

Scurrying around looking at the likes of Carroll and Crouch...even finishing up with Giroud who I think will be a decent fit there...all should have been unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by livermaina View Post
    I think we need to hire REALY good psychologist to work with the team
    I can't stomach how scum players had being able to battle and grind results against lesser team (and not only) while we crumble unexpectedly and lose confidence in an instant.
    We need confidence and ...bowls !
    We have quality to hold on to top 4 if we manage to show character.
    The difference is De Gea. I fathom the amount of goals and points he saves for Manchester United. I have no doubt if he wasn't there United would be lingering in around 6th/7th. Can't wait to see him go off to Madrid.
    Last edited by Versatile; 1-2-18 at 14:54.

Might be a bit off topic but anyone knows what happened to the Firmino/Holgate saga?

Quote Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
    Might be a bit off topic but anyone knows what happened to the Firmino/Holgate saga?
    Apparently the FA are still investigating.

LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
    Only might be?

Where is the facepalm smilie?

Ongoing investigation by the FA so to discuss it isn't good really.

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    Only might be?

Not to discuss the finer details of it but it's a farce this is still ongoing. Makes me think the FA just want everyone to forget about it and sweep it under the rug.

LordJamieOfCarragher is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    Not to discuss the finer details of it but it's a farce this is still ongoing. Makes me think the FA just want everyone to forget about it and sweep it under the rug.
    Agreed, interview the two players and the ref, reach a conclusion, job done.

Quote Originally Posted by LordJamieOfCarragher View Post
    Only might be?

Not exactly as an 8 match ban on Firmino significantly hampers our top 4 chances

This sounds to me like when we beat Dortmund in a pre-season game right after we sold Suarez and people told me i should not be worried about the upcoming season we just beat one of the best teams in Europe. If you know what i mean. We are now 3rd and we achieved that WITH Coutinho, not without him. Let's see how we do without him. My problem is that we looked all lost against the mighty Swansea and West Brom and i expect many performances like those now without a single creative midfielder who can unlock defences.
    We didn't look lost against WBA. We defended badly, the whole team played poorly.

Our win rate without Phil was 71%.

Didn't you watch the game on Tuesday? Look what Klopp did with the tactics. Look where he played Can.

Coach the players we have got until the right players are available in the summer.