Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 71 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 2124

Thread: More important than Life and Death, its the Bill Shankly Twitter thread. He would not approve of fake tweets.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    thats kewl, some prefer things siimplified which is ok.
    It was way over the top. We all saw what happened and why. I don't need things simplified. Are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Suadal7 View Post
    Henry: "Firmino waited for the ball to be farthest away from defender to do the back heel...."

He explained the mindset of the pass, that is good analysis.
    I could have analysed that in twenty seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by gedzredz View Post
    Yep, he said a lot of nonsense about a nice flick from Bobby, completely over analysed from a man who loves the sound of his own voice.
    It was ridiculous.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullenator View Post
    It was way over the top. We all saw what happened and why. I don't need things simplified. Are you serious?

It was ridiculous.
    that sounds simplified to me. maybe you are a pundit in your spare time.

if you watched the "flick" it could easily have gone wrong in any number of ways. so yeah, it was interesting and if its not your thing then fine, but no need to be so churlish about it cause others find it interesting.

Sky Sports and BT have agreed to pay £4.464bn to show 160 Premier League games a season from 2019/20 until 2021/22

Down from £5.136bn

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgher View Post
    Looks like the bubble has burst. What happens now if clubs end up getting less, just as transfer fees go stratospheric?
    It's a bit lower, but not really that much. The auction last time around just worked perfectly for PL with Sky and BT playing off each other. It was quite the jump, so going back a bit is normal. Of course there's still the other two packages to sell. 40 games which would mean an additional £370m or so if you use the averages from the deals made by Sky and BT now.

TheKnucklesOfAgger is online now Academy prospect

It was ridiculous.
    Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Beige View Post
    It's a bit lower, but not really that much. The auction last time around just worked perfectly for PL with Sky and BT playing off each other. It was quite the jump, so going back a bit is normal. Of course there's still the other two packages to sell. 40 games which would mean an additional £370m or so if you use the averages from the deals made by Sky and BT now.
    I know what you are saying. But this is still the first time there hasn't been a big increase at a time when everything else in football is going up.

Come off it.

Henry bored me to death just then. Bobby gave a great assist. It was cool. End of.

It didn't need a five minute analysis.
    Personaly, I enjoyed it. Glad you are not a pundit. Saying "Bobby gave a great assist" on a post analysis show is hardly insightful now is it

MoMoMoMoMoMoMo is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Can't defend View Post
    Sky Sports and BT have agreed to pay £4.464bn to show 160 Premier League games a season from 2019/20 until 2021/22

Down from £5.136bn
    Is that the same amount of games though as this past season? Or are the other two available packages extra games?

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    that sounds simplified to me. maybe you are a pundit in your spare time.

if you watched the "flick" it could easily have gone wrong in any number of ways. so yeah, it was interesting and if its not your thing then fine, but no need to be so churlish about it cause others find it interesting.
    Jesus, Thierry Henry the football pundit genius with his little plastic pen.

**** me.

Quote Originally Posted by HitTheWoodwork View Post
    Personaly, I enjoyed it. Glad you are not a pundit. Saying "Bobby gave a great assist" on a post analysis show is hardly insightful now is it
    That wasn't an analysis I posted. Give me a break.

I'm simply pointing out that Henry spent way too long explaining Bobby's flick and is gettting called a genius pundit for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Larissa Karius View Post
    Toby Alderweireld would be a hell of a signing.

Pains me that we looked at the player whilst he was at Ajax and then refused to enter the market when he was going for £4.5m. That was the same summer we turned down a move for Christian Eriksen because our 'experts' felt he wasn't strong enough for the Premier League.
    Im sure we even turned down an option for a free when he joined Southampton i think on loan at first

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgher View Post
    I know what you are saying. But this is still the first time there hasn't been a big increase at a time when everything else in football is going up.
    If say Amazon buy the other 2 then they enter the market for the next bid which will be massive.

Pains me that we looked at the player whilst he was at Ajax and then refused to enter the market when he was going for £4.5m. That was the same summer we turned down a move for Christian Eriksen because our 'experts' felt he wasn't strong enough for the Premier League.
    The same summer when we signed Thiago Ilori.

Edwards and those other guys are very lucky to still have jobs.

Italian press is linking us with Hakan Calhanoglu.

That's made up nonsense, if that was the case we wouldn't of signed Coutinho 7 months earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by bigscouse View Post
    That's made up nonsense, if that was the case we wouldn't of signed Coutinho 7 months earlier.
    Yep. We had Coutinho, we didn't need Erikssen at the time. We had a million other problems to worry about.

The payTV broadcasters Sky and BT Sport have retained their hold on live televised Premier League football, paying £4.464bn to the clubs for the rights to the five main packages of matches from 2019-22. Two minor packages of rights remain to be sold, a new experiment by the Premier League to allow the entire fixture list of 10 matches to be broadcast simultaneously, four times a season. BT Sport said in a statement that it remains interested in those further rights, with the internet platform Amazon also said to be interested in securing some Premier League matches.

Sky committed to paying £3.579bn over the three years of the next deal, confirming that this is a significant reduction on the £4.1bn the broadcaster is paying for its prime packages in the current 2016-19 seasons. It will, though, have the rights to 128 matches, two more than under the current deal, and has bought every weekend “first pick” of matches and the most coveted kick-off times. Its packages will show matches at 5.30pm on Saturdays on 32 match days; Sundays at 2pm and 4.30pm and eight matches on Saturday nights at 7.45pm, the first time the Premier League has played matches at that time. Sky’s fourth package comprises Monday night and Friday night matches.

“Sky has chosen to pay £1.193bn per annum under the terms of the new deal,” the company said in a statement, “down £199m per annum, a 16% cost reduction per game versus the current agreement.”

Sky paid more last time to preserve its dominant payTV position in the UK against the serious competition of BT, which was bidding to establish its own subscription television service, to also support its commercial broadband ambitions. Having secured one package of 42 matches in the current deal, and the rights to all UK broadcasts of the Champions League, BT Sport said it had “remained financially disciplined” in the auction for the 2019-22 rights. The company has committed to paying £885m in total, £295m a year, for 10 fewer matches, 32 in total, all kicking off at 12:30pm on Saturdays. Of these, 20 will be “second pick” of the weekend’s most attractive matches for a broadcast audience and the remaining 12 will be “fifth pick”.

Still predominantly a phone and broadband provider, BT Sport said it expected to make a profit on its £885m outlay: “BT Sport has remained financially disciplined during this process and remains in a strong position to make a return on this investment through subscription, wholesale, commercial and advertising revenues, especially following the acquisition of [mobile telephone network] EE, which more than doubled BT’s customer base,” the company said in its announcement.

**** me.

I'm simply pointing out that Henry spent way too long explaining Bobby's flick and is gettting called a genius pundit for it.
    Did someone call him a genius? I didn't see that. I was just agreeing with the comments I saw saying great and insightful analysis. Which it was. You obviously didn't think so. Fair enough

So from that article Sky have 1st choice for each weekend. BT only have 12.30 ko’s on a Saturday

And ‘filth pick’ got to assume that’s Everton and United games

Quote Originally Posted by HitTheWoodwork View Post
    Did someone call him a genius? I didn't see that. I was just agreeing with the comments I saw saying great and insightful analysis. Which it was. You obviously didn't think so. Fair enough
    http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...mous-leg-touch

Now that's the Henry we know and love.

shody1976 is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bauer-LFC View Post
    Italian press is linking us with Hakan Calhanoglu.
    Not impressed with him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by hj77 View Post
    So from that article Sky have 1st choice for each weekend. BT only have 12.30 ko’s on a Saturday

And ‘filth pick’ got to assume that’s Everton and United games
    Im probably wrong here but didnt BT take over from Espn and still are linked with their us sports. Didnt Disney buy Espn and now they have bought Sky. So essentially there is no bidding war no.

Larissa Karius is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscouse View Post
    Its what James Pearce and Tony Barrett said at the time.

Whether it was nonsense or not is another thing but they both reported that we did not think he was strong enough for the Premier League.

Its what James Pearce and Tony Barrett said at the time.

Whether it was nonsense or not is another thing but they both reported that we did not think he was strong enough for the Premier League.
    Man U courted him for years even when he destroyed England and yet made no offer. So something was a miss wasnt there pal

**** me.

It was a bit long winded to say the least.

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...mous-leg-touch

Now that's the Henry we know and love.
    Saucy git

MoMoMoMoMoMoMo is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggz View Post
    Im probably wrong here but didnt BT take over from Espn and still are linked with their us sports. Didnt Disney buy Espn and now they have bought Sky. So essentially there is no bidding war no.
    Yes Sky and BT said they wouldn't be bidding against each other, probably why its a lower price now.

Yes BT show Baseball, NBA, College Football, to name a few US sports, NFL is still on Sky.

Man U courted him for years even when he destroyed England and yet made no offer. So something was a miss wasnt there pal
    When did he destroy England?? We are talking Eriksen? Only small midfielder I remember schooling England was a little Croatian called Modric...but that was donkeys ago...

NY Mike is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    Don’t know if this has been posted but this is a brilliant analysis of Bobbys pass to Salah

https://t.co/hN9s1ViwZY?ssr=true
    That makes me appreciate the Firmino assist even more. Bobby is brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoMoMoMoMoMo View Post
    Yes Sky and BT said they wouldn't be bidding against each other, probably why its a lower price now.

Yes BT show Baseball, NBA, College Football, to name a few US sports, NFL is still on Sky.
    The Disney/Fox deal hasnt gone through yet though has it? I think it’s going to take a while as US regulators have to approve it.

I think I read somewhere that BT may end up relinquishing their ESPN UK license if the deal goes through. Although not sure on that.

Michael Silverman@MikeSilvermanBB

Linda Pizzuti Henry, wife of Red Sox owner John Henry, is now a part owner of #RedSox, #LiverpoolFC and other Fenway Sports Group entities. She bought the FSG shares last summer. First female w stake in team since Jean Yawkey, 25 years ago.
    Story: http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/r...ake_in_red_sox

Is this the first time that LFC has a female owner?