Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Loris Karius

Quote Originally Posted by tonylet View Post
    As if Mignolet won't let crucial goals in. This is what I mean when I say he's managed to fool absolutely everyone.
    Yes he has but not enough to prevent us having moderate success, i.e, 2nd and 4th place finishes as well as Europa League and League cup Finals. Yeah I know it's not much, but you're willing to throw that for some Goalkeeper who has never looked comfortable, hasn't achieved anything and has no credentials to be ahead of Mignolet. Sounds like you're the one who's been fooled.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger94 View Post
    Yes he has but not enough to prevent us having moderate success, i.e, 2nd and 4th place finishes as well as Europa League and League cup Finals. Yeah I know it's not much, but you're willing to throw that for some Goalkeeper who has never looked comfortable, hasn't achieved anything and has no credentials to be ahead of Mignolet. Sounds like you're the one who's been fooled.
    I think Karius has far better control of his box though. And Mignolet isn't saving anything this season, so I'm happy to bin him.

Karius probably needed a proper run of games as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Ottershaw View Post
    Way too early to make any decision on his abilities. I just see that he is hesitant to come out and collect simple balls running into the area and the CB’s having to try and cover fir him as they scream at him to collect the ball. It makes me nervous so what impression it shows on them. The other concern I have is his abilty to grasp the ball cleanly, he sort of grabs as it and bounces of his chest, ribs and he just seems to like the ball for a split second. Don’t wish to level unjust criticism but he make me nervous. Thought his save re Son was excellent. Liked his pen save by standing in the centre was also good. Both goals were not at any level down to him, punch was best option as catching that ball may have caused more opportunity for Spurs, the shot was a worldly, no mistake about that. Hope he improves and holds the position as he has the makings of a good keeper.
    I thought you were talking about Mignolet until you mentioned the save off Son!

Karius had a good game. Mignolet puts the fear of god into me, when the ball is anywhere near our penalty box. Karius doesn't. He should be given a chance.

BearWithMe is offline First team regular
    Save on sons shot (the offside one) was outstanding.

Larissa Karius is online now First team regular
    A far more assured performance.

Looking at the controversial 'punch' - I'm going to say he could have caught it (the best keepers in the world would have gobbled it up) but then again some goalkeepers would have opted to punch. His punch was a good one but it just so happened Wanyama hit a world class shot and it hit the top corner. No blame attached to Karius for me.

That doesn't mean we don't need a new No 1 in the summer!

Quote Originally Posted by Larissa Karius View Post
    A far more assured performance.

Looking at the controversial 'punch' - I'm going to say he could have caught it (the best keepers in the world would have gobbled it up) but then again some goalkeepers would have opted to punch. His punch was a good one but it just so happened Wanyama hit a world class shot and it hit the top corner. No blame attached to Karius for me.

That doesn't mean we don't need a new No 1 in the summer!
    I don't think it was easy to hold on to it since it was struck pretty well by Eriksen, it was practically a shot, and it dipped right in front of him.

CrawleyRed is online now The Jolly Green Giant's big brother
    There's an excellent article by former keeper David Preece on why Karius isn't at fault for the Wanyama goal. https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/f...am-quiet-best/

Glad to see him play well. Made an excellent save from Eriksen first half too when no-one had heard the whistle. Hope this is a sign of his progression after a regular run of games. Still not convinced about him long term but glad he's at least starting to show his worth. Just hope he keeps it up. The Wanyama goal showed just how quickly some will jump down his throat at even the slightest hint of an error.

Quote Originally Posted by CrawleyRed View Post
    There's an excellent article by former keeper David Preece on why Karius isn't at fault for the Wanyama goal. https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/f...am-quiet-best/

Glad to see him play well. Made an excellent save from Eriksen first half too when no-one had heard the whistle. Hope this is a sign of his progression after a regular run of games. Still not convinced about him long term but glad he's at least starting to show his worth. Just hope he keeps it up. The Wanyama goal showed just how quickly some will jump down his throat at even the slightest hint of an error.
    Yep. You can't really criticise Karius for Wanyama's goal because that happens 0.1% of the time in such a situation.

Played well. He should play every game until the end of the season and then we can re-assess.

I like Loris. Hopefully he makes a go of it between now and may. Made some great saves last night and dunno how anyone would think Wanyama's goal was his fault.

The fact that he's been here since August 2016 and yesterday's match was his best performance for the club, in which he did nothing out of the ordinary apart from save a penalty (which isn't reflective of a keeper's abilities, see Mignolet and Willy Cabellero) says all you need to know. I hope he pushes on from this but I also hope we sign a proven goalkeeper in the summer regardless.

slimman is online now First team regular
    Now that the decision has been made, i would prefer if he just played every game until the end of the season.

Klopp probably had the idea of playing Karius with Van Dijk so now we finally have the CB of his choice hopefully some understanding can come between him and Karius.

Quote Originally Posted by BearWithMe View Post
    Save on sons shot (the offside one) was outstanding.
    I can't remember him saving a shot from Son who was offside, unless you mean Eriksen? If so, how is that "outstanding"? It was a tight angle and Eriksen shot literally straight at him. If that was Mignolet you'd be calling that a save he's expected to make.

Unless he actually made a spectacular save from Son which I've been unable to recall, in which case I apologise.

I like karius and that is why I' m torn . If he does do well for the rest of season do we stop looking for a GK?I remember us keeping faith in Migs after his wife talked to him and his form had improved ,and boy was that a mistake

Acumen is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2 View Post
    I like karius and that is why I' m torn . If he does do well for the rest of season do we stop looking for a GK?I remember us keeping faith in Migs after his wife talked to him and his form had improved ,and boy was that a mistake
    No you don't stop looking. Unless Karius is so good that it ends any and all debates.

That’s exactly my point.
    YNWA

Quote Originally Posted by Acumen View Post
    No you don't stop looking. Unless Karius is so good that it ends any and all debates.
    Mignolet's performance at home to Spurs last season was as good as Karius' last night. I'll begin to consider changing my mind about Karius if/when he actually makes a save from open play that you wouldn't expect an average goalkeeper to make.

Quote Originally Posted by JordanHenderSam View Post
    Mignolet's performance at home to Spurs last season was as good as Karius' last night. I'll begin to consider changing my mind about Karius if/when he actually makes a save from open play that you wouldn't expect an average goalkeeper to make.
    Karius will never get a chance when we have people talking like that.
    Stop waiting and hoping for an error and try supporting our players.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddes View Post
    Didn't you call Robertson average yesterday, and call Ings a midtable player at best a while ago? Pretty sure I've seen you mocking Solanke and Mignolet too on here. Want me to find some posts of you 'not supporting' our players? Or you can just not be a hypocrite mate.

Anyway I must've missed the part where I said I want Karius to fail. I implied that if he does not make one single spectacular save before the end of the season, I want him replaced. Would you not?
    Last edited by JordanHenderSam; 5-2-18 at 20:34.

So who plays in the CL?

Quote Originally Posted by Eddes View Post
    Fortunately it will be Klopp who makes that decision and he wont give a flying one for what some posters say here about Karius. Effectively, he has until the end of the season to prove to Klopp that he doesn’t need to sign an new keeper. I hope he does that as we’ll need all the funds we have to sign two central kids and a CB imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Ottershaw View Post
    So who plays in the CL?
    Karius should play every game. If Migs comes back in for the CL games I'll start questioning Klopp's sanity.

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wednesday View Post
    Whats the criticism on the punch? It wasnt great but he did his bit. The outfield players needed to react and didnt. Plus, Wanyama couldnt have caught that any sweeter.

He had a good game yesterday. My opinion is we have seen enough of Mignolet there is no point persisting. Karius however needs a run so we can establish if some of his errors earlier were linked to nerves or rustiness.

Yesterday was the first game id seen him in where he didnt appear a bag of nerves.

He deserves credit.
    think the worldy is same as those scored by jags etc - another 10 attempts and its goes high wide and handsome. even looking at the replay you can see swerve on it, a few extra yards i think it would have missed.

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    It's not about Mignolet now though, is it?

Simon is history...the only issue is whether Loris follows him out of the exit door.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    you say that yet even though attempts were called for offside he did save the shots and i suspect if migs was in goal at least one would not have been saved regardless of the refs decision.

But that would then destroy the faith we built with Karius, imagine if De gea was finally figuring things out and then a new player was brought in because they couldn't take that risk

Quote Originally Posted by Gegenpressing View Post
    That’s exactly my point.
    Greats minds....

But that would then destroy the faith we built with Karius, imagine if De gea was finally figuring things out and then a new player was brought in because they couldn't take that risk
    If we are intent on improving, you roll with the call to bring in Alisson. Karius had a good game, but he'll need more good games and great games with virtually no errors if he wants the no 1 shirt next season.

If we are intent on improving, you roll with the call to bring in Alisson. Karius had a good game, but he'll need more good games and great games with virtually no errors if he wants the no 1 shirt next season.

In my hypothetical scenario he has those great games, do we still get another no.1 keeper?

[/B]

In my hypothetical scenario he has those great games, do we still get another no.1 keeper?
    No. If he genuinely plays exceptionally well and resembles the keeper at Mainz. Then we have our no 1.