Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 207

Thread: Loris Karius

  1. #151  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8,892
    Quote Originally Posted by Bauer-LFC View Post
    And that's fine.

    But it shows up the reasoning for rotating them as lies.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #152  
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    29,400
    If Migs plays tomorrow, itíll be an enormous call and a bad call, I think

    I just canít believe heíd drop Karius now.
    YNWA
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #153  
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    29,400
    ...In fact...Iíll be gobsmacked if Migs starts.
    YNWA
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #154  
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    19,701
    Alisson looks a top top keeper I hope we get him. I'll be more than happy with him and Karius as our keepers next season.

    Sorry Migs but good luck mate.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #155  
    Mersey Dudek is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespian View Post
    Alisson looks a top top keeper I hope we get him. I'll be more than happy with him and Karius as our keepers next season.

    Sorry Migs but good luck mate.
    I don't think we'll sign a keeper of Allison's quality unless Karius is horrendous from now until the end of the season.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #156  
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    19,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Mersey Dudek View Post
    I don't think we'll sign a keeper of Allison's quality unless Karius is horrendous from now until the end of the season.
    Do you reckon? I hope you are wrong, we haven't had a really top class keeper for 30 years.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #157  
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespian View Post
    Do you reckon? I hope you are wrong, we haven't had a really top class keeper for 30 years.
    Reins 2005-2010 absolutely was top class.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #158  
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    19,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Bauer-LFC View Post
    Reins 2005-2010 absolutely was top class.
    He was good but not quite top class he made huge errors in some massive games for us.

    Would still have that Reina over our current two mind you.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #159  
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8,625
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespian View Post
    He was good but not quite top class he made huge errors in some massive games for us.

    Would still have that Reina over our current two mind you.
    All keepers make errors some time.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #160  
    CrawleyRed is online now The Jolly Green Giant's big brother
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    24,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Bauer-LFC View Post
    All keepers make errors some time.
    By the end he was making mistakes all the time. May as well have not had arms in his final season.

    But yes, he was outstanding for the majority of his time here. What I wouldn't give for that Reina back.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #161  
    Mersey Dudek is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespian View Post
    Do you reckon? I hope you are wrong, we haven't had a really top class keeper for 30 years.
    Yeah, I hope I'm wrong too but I just think Klopp wants Karius to be his number 1 for his time here.

    It may work out and it may not. I'm sure none of us are convinced he can do it yet but that comes with more games and more good performances.

    At the end of the day, he is Klopp's buy and if he performs well enough til the end of the season, I can't see Jurgen buying a top class keeper and benching him again.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #162  
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8,625
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawleyRed View Post
    By the end he was making mistakes all the time. May as well have not had arms in his final season.

    But yes, he was outstanding for the majority of his time here. What I wouldn't give for that Reina back.
    Yeah it ended badly for him here.

    But for his first 5 years he was the best keeper we've had since Clemence.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #163  
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    19,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Bauer-LFC View Post
    Yeah it ended badly for him here.

    But for his first 5 years he was the best keeper we've had since Clemence.
    Better than Grobs???

    Pepe was great but Alisson looks a class above even that Reina.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #164  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,604
    Another nice comfortable confident evening for Loris. Did everything that was asked of him very well. Nice to see him settling into the side.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #165  
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny-Rodgers View Post
    Another nice comfortable confident evening for Loris. Did everything that was asked of him very well. Nice to see him settling into the side.
    Yeah, in the space of 2 weeks Iíve completely changed my viewpoint. I may even be at the point of jumping on the bandwagon.

    Iíve been here before though with Lovren and Moreno. So far so good though. Really hope he keeps on this upward trend
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #166  
    Larissa Karius is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    38,171
    Another comfortable game for my namesake. Not much to do but did what was required with absolutely no fuss.

    3 good performances on the trot now. Keep going Loris!!!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #167  
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    5,267
    Really happy with the way things are going for him right now.

    Looking more confident, reading the game better, kicking better too, and really starting to see his trait of looking for that quick ball out for a counter.

    Just happy to have a keeper looking to come out and claim to ball and relieve the pressure.

    Didnít have a great deal to do, but was pleased how he came off his line to close all angles near the end of the game (when the player was flagged for being offside). Shows his focus has been good, and asserting greater positivity, which I think is also helping the defence, on top of the communication and leadership that Van Dijk has brought.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #168  
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,772
    At least he's not being beaten once a game...for a while it looked like he never actually made a save, recently he's making saves and not conceding. Kind of important that for a GK!!
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #169  
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,501
    Nothing to really do today, but certainly looks more confident. As I said before, happy for him, but we still need a better keeper.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #170  
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    17,601
    I guess this is what happens when you give him a proper run and don't just ditch him after one mistake.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #171  
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    33,858
    Ive been quick enough to **** him off but hes done his job when needed

    It also helps with having a settled line in front of him. Against Swansea Van Dyke was screaming at him to come out. Thats gone now. When Klaven headed that late free kick away when he paused. That pause has gone.

    What i liked tonight was he made a save which was offside and him and Van Dyke gave each other a hi 5.we havent had that
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #172  
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,772
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggz View Post
    Ive been quick enough to **** him off but hes done his job when needed

    It also helps with having a settled line in front of him. Against Swansea Van Dyke was screaming at him to come out. Thats gone now. When Klaven headed that late free kick away when he paused. That pause has gone.

    What i liked tonight was he made a save which was offside and him and Van Dyke gave each other a hi 5.we havent had that
    Yeah, I noticed that and it seems there is a bit of a bond & trust developing between them, which can only be good.

    And on the occasion VD headed clear when Karius clearly called to leave it, Karius wasn't slow to let VVD know about it. Another encouraging sign that his confidence is growing and he feels he belongs.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #173  
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    15,501
    Quote Originally Posted by -SP7- View Post
    I guess this is what happens when you give him a proper run and don't just ditch him after one mistake.
    he shouldn't have been making those mistakes.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #174  
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    8,625
    Looked confident.

    Good to see.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #175  
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    33,858
    Quote Originally Posted by MeanMrMustard View Post
    Yeah, I noticed that and it seems there is a bit of a bond & trust developing between them, which can only be good.

    And on the occasion VD headed clear when Karius clearly called to leave it, Karius wasn't slow to let VVD know about it. Another encouraging sign that his confidence is growing and he feels he belongs.
    One of my biggest issues is having no voice in the team. The keeper pushes the defence out etc. Tonight when we went 3 at the back Lovren screamed at the line to push out and 5 were caught offside. Lovren has never done that. Thats from the keeper mate

    But also lets given Lovren credit. Not once did Trent get caught out of position which against Southampton he did. Thats the centre backs job to set the line.

    Fair play
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #176  
    TheKnucklesOfAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,197
    Lost 1 in 16 with him in the side this season (won 10) and kept 8 clean sheets. So thatís certainly promising but then weíve also conceded 14 in those other games 8 games, itís almost going from the sublime to the ridiculous in terms of how it can swing but these are obviously not reliable sample sizes. The simple fact is heís clearly gaining some confidence and looking more imposing.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #177  
    MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    57,246
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKnucklesOfAgger View Post
    Lost 1 in 16 with him in the side this season (won 10) and kept 8 clean sheets. So that’s certainly promising but then we’ve also conceded 14 in those other games 8 games, it’s almost going from the sublime to the ridiculous in terms of how it can swing but these are obviously not reliable sample sizes. The simple fact is he’s clearly gaining some confidence and looking more imposing.
    I'm pleased with his last couple of performances. We should still improve on him, in my opinion. Let him fight for his place again. A keeper like Alisson could take us to another level still.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #178  
    TheKnucklesOfAgger is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    11,197
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    I'm pleased with his last couple of performances. We should still improve on him, in my opinion. Let him fight for his place again. A keeper like Alisson could take us to another level still.
    Oh of course, happy with the upturn but no chance Iíd be settling on him just yet. We need someone whoís the real deal here and now.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #179  
    MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    57,246
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKnucklesOfAgger View Post
    Oh of course, happy with the upturn but no chance I’d be settling on him just yet. We need someone who’s the real deal here and now.
    Mignolet looks to be out the door. Thank Christ for that. That's the opportunity to make Karius second choice to a better goalkeeper, or make him fight for his place.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #180  
    mcdiggerman is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,216
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKnucklesOfAgger View Post
    Lost 1 in 16 with him in the side this season (won 10) and kept 8 clean sheets. So thatís certainly promising but then weíve also conceded 14 in those other games 8 games, itís almost going from the sublime to the ridiculous in terms of how it can swing but these are obviously not reliable sample sizes. The simple fact is heís clearly gaining some confidence and looking more imposing.
    We've only lost 3 games with Migs in goal as well to be fair....the clean sheets are generally due to our dominance of possession rather than great shot stopping

    I still remain unconvinced on Karius -> performance at Southampton has been his best so far but his distribution to players with their back to the play worries me as does some of his punching and command of area on crosses. But I'll happily eat my words by the end of the season if he does improve
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •