Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Loris Karius

1. #1 Default Loris Karius 
    I don't see a thread for him but I thought he had a good match against spurs last night, his first real commanding performance for us. He could have done better on that punch that led to their equaliser but I think that would be harsh to judge it as a mistake.
    Made a great save against son and also the penalty and commanded his box better than Mignolet would have.

We've given Mignolet years to get better, he clearly isn't going to get better.

Karius MIGHT still turn into a great gk, he was highly regarded in Germany after all. Since he is now our no1, I am willing to give him a full season to prove himself. Would save us a bit of money to strengthn elsewhere.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Credit where it is due but a full season is to long . He has to keep the mistakes to a minimum and the saves to a maximum to keep his place

It was probably his best game for us.

geralion is online now Or a tiger they're almost as good
    Quote Originally Posted by JHon View Post
    I don't see a thread for him but I thought he had a good match against spurs last night, his first real commanding performance for us. He could have done better on that punch that led to their equaliser but I think that would be harsh to judge it as a mistake.
    Made a great save against son and also the penalty and commanded his box better than Mignolet would have.

We've given Mignolet years to get better, he clearly isn't going to get better.

Karius MIGHT still turn into a great gk, he was highly regarded in Germany after all. Since he is now our no1, I am willing to give him a full season to prove himself. Would save us a bit of money to strengthn elsewhere.
    I'm behind him to keep improving.
    IMO his punch is one of his strong points - his option yesterday was better to punch than handle and drop I suppose. Of the two gks he had the better game yesterday.

Yehez is online now Rating revolutionary
    I think the best scenario is for us to keep Karius.

In the summer we sell Mignolet, and replace him with an experience GK (Say someone like Handanovic or Keylor if Real sell him or someone like that) that can be our current No.1 but can also give us the option of giving Karius consistent game time and if Karius fails we have a good alternative instead of Mignolet.

Played well. Thought the criticism of the punch was a bit unfair.

Let's just stick with one keeper and play him until the end of the season. Dropping one every other game has been terrible.

Would have been no comments on the punch if the CBs had alive to it, and the follow up. Had a good game, could do nothing about the actual goals. Migs should be on the bench for all games, CL included.

Needs to play every game between now and the end of the season to see if he settles into the position.

Mignolet should be done now, no need to bring him back in again.

If Karius doesnít improve with a good run of games then he needs to be replaced too

Whats the criticism on the punch? It wasnt great but he did his bit. The outfield players needed to react and didnt. Plus, Wanyama couldnt have caught that any sweeter.

He had a good game yesterday. My opinion is we have seen enough of Mignolet there is no point persisting. Karius however needs a run so we can establish if some of his errors earlier were linked to nerves or rustiness.

Yesterday was the first game id seen him in where he didnt appear a bag of nerves.

He deserves credit.

Quote Originally Posted by L8LadinDubai View Post
    Would have been no comments on the punch if the CBs had alive to it, and the follow up. Had a good game, could do nothing about the actual goals. Migs should be on the bench for all games, CL included.
    Can's 'attempt' to clear it was feeble in the extreme. Look at VVD's clearance of Karius's penalty save to see what ANY defensive player should be doing with a loose ball in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    Can's 'attempt' to clear it was feeble in the extreme. Look at VVD's clearance of Karius's penalty save to see what ANY defensive player should be doing with a loose ball in the area.
    Can is just not alert to danger. Doesn't come natural to him, which is my biggest issue with him.

Half of the time he's not even aware where the opposition players are. If he only knocks off a bit, which he tends to do often, he starts making mistakes.

Looked solid yesterday. Let's hope that's a sign of things to come.

Credit where due. His best game thus far.

The main thing is he looked very assured. You can actually see he's not burning everyone's head like Mignolet does.

Hopefully he doesn't make a howler to put him under pressure again.

Was gutted for him tbh.

But for that second penalty, we'd all be coming away from yesterday lauding him for commanding his box, saving that Son 1v1 and saving a penalty.

Nobody's talking about him because of that refereeing **** storm which is a shame.

Could he have caught it instead of punching it??? I don't know.
    It was pure playstation from Wanyama though.

IMO Karius was very good and his kicking game was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Thespian View Post
    Could he have caught it instead of punching it??? I don't know.
    It was pure playstation from Wanyama though.

IMO Karius was very good and his kicking game was excellent.
    Doesn't need to catch it actually it's dangerous if he messes it up. Could've punched it better that's the only problem, but after that it's luck. Can should deal with it and Wanyama hits it too sweet.

Itíll take me more than having one decent (not great) game, to convince me he should be our future #1.
    YNWA

I was probably overly harsh on him after the game.

I still think he could have caught the cross that Wanyama scores from, but it also should never have reached him.

Apart from that, when called into action he done well. He even came off his line which was a beautiful sight to see a Liverpool goalkeeper actually do for a change.

I still donít think heís good enough, but only by playing games can he try to prove people like me wrong. He did more yesterday than his counterpart has done all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Gegenpressing View Post
    It’ll take me more than having one decent (not great) game, to convince me he should be our future #1.
    I don't even think anyone is saying that. It's just a good platform to bin the Belgian fraud forever.

Quote Originally Posted by tonylet View Post
    I don't even think anyone is saying that. It's just a good platform to bin the Belgian fraud forever.
    But Migs was decent for the last two months of last season. Karius as been decent for one game.
    YNWA

But Migs was decent for the last two months of last season. Karius as been decent for one game.
    Mignolet has managed to fool everyone including his last 2 managers and half of the fanbase with those decent occasional 2 month spells.

Karius hasn't even had the chance to play for 2 months.

Mignolet has managed to fool everyone including his last 2 managers and half of the fanbase with those decent occasional 2 month spells.

Karius hasn't even had the chance to play for 2 months.
    I still think we need better.
    YNWA

I still think we need better.
    It's at 90% for me. We need better on what Karius has shown so far, but there's still a good keeper there

I think Klopp will know by the end of the season.

It's at 90% for me. We need better on what Karius has shown so far, but there's still a good keeper there

I think Klopp will know by the end of the season.
    Let’s hope so.
    YNWA

Best game and as many have said he looked assured.

Hopefully that gives him a platform to build on from now until the end of the season.

I thought Lovren and VVD looked very strong too.

He actually looked like a proper keeper last night. I have been saying he needs a run of games to see what he is really like.

He has a lot more control over his box then Mig does.

Way too early to make any decision on his abilities. I just see that he is hesitant to come out and collect simple balls running into the area and the CB’s having to try and cover fir him as they scream at him to collect the ball. It makes me nervous so what impression it shows on them. The other concern I have is his abilty to grasp the ball cleanly, he sort of grabs as it and bounces of his chest, ribs and he just seems to like the ball for a split second. Don’t wish to level unjust criticism but he make me nervous. Thought his save re Son was excellent. Liked his pen save by standing in the centre was also good. Both goals were not at any level down to him, punch was best option as catching that ball may have caused more opportunity for Spurs, the shot was a worldly, no mistake about that. Hope he improves and holds the position as he has the makings of a good keeper.

Probably the first decent game he's had for us but I'm still not convinced yet. Thing about Mignolet, for all the errors he's made, we have still finished 2nd, 4th and reached a Europa League Final with him as our number one. With Karius the jury is still out. We persist with him and we run the risk of finishing 5th, or Karius making a mistake and letting in a crucial away goal in the Champions League. I want him to succeed here, but I still feel Mignolet is the safest option till the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinger94 View Post
    Probably the first decent game he's had for us but I'm still not convinced yet. Thing about Mignolet, for all the errors he's made, we have still finished 2nd, 4th and reached a Europa League Final with him as our number one. With Karius the jury is still out. We persist with him and we run the risk of finishing 5th, or Karius making a mistake and letting in a crucial away goal in the Champions League. I want him to succeed here, but I still feel Mignolet is the safest option till the end of the season.
    As if Mignolet won't let crucial goals in. This is what I mean when I say he's managed to fool absolutely everyone.