Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Squad for 2017/2018 season, thread 5

Warten Auf 19 is online now Another New User Name
    For me:

Need to sell:

Mignolet, Wijnaldum, Clyne, Sturridge, Flanagan, Bogdan

Consider selling/loaning:

Origi, Markovic, (one of) Henderson/Milner, Solanke, Moreno

• Mignolet has overstayed his welcome at such a big club and people have finally realised he isn't good enough and never will be.
    • Sturridge is finished, Flanagan was never good enough, Bogdan.
    • Wijnaldum isn't creative enough nor defensive enough, replaced with Keita.
    • Clyne is very poor on the ball, has been overtaken by Trent and Gomez. Still rated by many so could recoup a very nice fee by selling him, no big loss as this season has proven.
    • One of Origi/Solanke should be sold, the other either loaned out or given a proper chance in the line up to see if they can make it.
    • Unless Markovic is player of the season at whatever club he is playing for he should be sold, if at all possible.
    • Henderson and Milner, much like Wijnaldum are not consistent enough, the odd good game every 5 is OK for a squad option but we can't have too many on such wages.
    • Moreno again like the 3 above isn't consistent enough, maybe we should hold onto him as 2nd choice but even then he is unreliable. Might be worth something to Spanish clubs now that he has had a decent season.

Most likely scenario:

Because Klopp is a nice guy only half of the above mentioned will leave this summer.
    "The best way not to lose is to win." - Jurgen Klopp 06/12/2017
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

canookiewookie is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck33 View Post
    Is Lemar off the table? Shame really, if true, because this lad is quality. Maybe it has to do with the Isco rumours?

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/medi...n-thomas-lemar
    I couldn’t see RM selling Isco. Especially not after the debacle this season has been. They would be shooting themselves in the foot by doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by canookiewookie View Post
    I couldn’t see RM selling Isco. Especially not after the debacle this season has been. They would be shooting themselves in the foot by doing this.
    can't see it either but would love to see him here along with weigl a three of them two and keita would be awesome

steviewonder87 is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by redrob2005 View Post
    can't see it either but would love to see him here along with weigl a three of them two and keita would be awesome
    Ooh now you're talking.

canuck33 is online now You can call me Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by canookiewookie View Post
    You're most likely right, but there's hope they miss out on top 4 and I doubt they'll survive PSG in the CL. If that happens, there could be a lineup at the exit.

You're most likely right, but there's hope they miss out on top 4 and I doubt they'll survive PSG in the CL. If that happens, there could be a lineup at the exit.
    Even if they somehow miss out on CL they will get back in straight away so it won't change much in terms of attracting players.

We could get one of Isco/Kroos if we bid 100 million and give them 200k a week.
    "The best way not to lose is to win." - Jurgen Klopp 06/12/2017

Quote Originally Posted by steviewonder87 View Post
    Ooh now you're talking.
    That would be a brilliant midfield, actually a perfect combination.

canookiewookie is online now Academy prospect
    If they miss out on top 4, I see them letting Benzema go, maybe Bale. But I doubt anyone will want to leave, in fact I suspect RM will hold on to most their top talent, and will raid the PL for top talent. Kane, maybe Salah, maybe De Gea etc.. A club like RM, regardless of where they end up placing, will not allow an embarrassment like this season happen again.

Jur-Gone is online now Previous username 'Klopp-OUT' just for reference
    I hope the Isco story is true

Having Keita, buying Isco and getting Wilshere for free would be amazing!

On top of that we get a Defensive midfielder and we are ready to challenge next season.

Out:

Can
    Milner
    Wijnaldum

Quote Originally Posted by Jur-Gone View Post
    I hope the Isco story is true

Having Keita, buying Isco and getting Wilshere for free would be amazing!

On top of that we get a Defensive midfielder and we are ready to challenge next season.

Out:

Can
    Milner
    Wijnaldum
    Not until we get Klopp out!

What are the thoughts on the Jack Wilshere talk recently?

Seems unlikely that we'd go for another injury prone player after Sturridge, I reckon that was Klopp's main gripe with him, relying on a player that was just so unreliable.

Hard to even know if he's that good either, seeing as he's played so little football.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    What are the thoughts on the Jack Wilshere talk recently?

Seems unlikely that we'd go for another injury prone player after Sturridge, I reckon that was Klopp's main gripe with him, relying on a player that was just so unreliable.

Hard to even know if he's that good either, seeing as he's played so little football.
    No, thank you.

No, thank you.
    Yeah, that was my first reaction too. Though it was also my first reaction to the Ox rumours, which weren't too far off as unbelievable, but here he is.
    'Okey doke, we'll leave it there so'

Quote Originally Posted by RedHed2 View Post
    Yeah, that was my first reaction too. Though it was also my first reaction to the Ox rumours, which weren't too far off as unbelievable, but here he is.
    You should have shouted it louder.

Quote Originally Posted by Warten Auf 19 View Post
    For me:

Need to sell:

Mignolet, Wijnaldum, Clyne, Sturridge, Flanagan, Bogdan

Consider selling/loaning:

Origi, Markovic, (one of) Henderson/Milner, Solanke, Moreno

• Mignolet has overstayed his welcome at such a big club and people have finally realised he isn't good enough and never will be.
    • Sturridge is finished, Flanagan was never good enough, Bogdan.
    • Wijnaldum isn't creative enough nor defensive enough, replaced with Keita.
    • Clyne is very poor on the ball, has been overtaken by Trent and Gomez. Still rated by many so could recoup a very nice fee by selling him, no big loss as this season has proven.
    • One of Origi/Solanke should be sold, the other either loaned out or given a proper chance in the line up to see if they can make it.
    • Unless Markovic is player of the season at whatever club he is playing for he should be sold, if at all possible.
    • Henderson and Milner, much like Wijnaldum are not consistent enough, the odd good game every 5 is OK for a squad option but we can't have too many on such wages.
    • Moreno again like the 3 above isn't consistent enough, maybe we should hold onto him as 2nd choice but even then he is unreliable. Might be worth something to Spanish clubs now that he has had a decent season.

Most likely scenario:

Because Klopp is a nice guy only half of the above mentioned will leave this summer.
    And half will get new deals here

I agree that Mignolet, Sturridge, Bogdan and Markovic will (surely) leave this summer. Wijnaldum, Clyne, Moreno, Henderson, Lovren, Origi and Karius have question marks over their futures for sure.

Moreno has had a few seasons here and not impressed, he's an abysmal defender and for someone who prefers to bomb forward gets caught too often. He also can't cross as well as Robertson and doesn't score enough for an attacking left back (four goals in three and a half seasons). I'd prefer it if we signed another left back to challenge Robertson, we were linked with Zeca, Sessegnon and Hector in the past so get one of them.

I think Henderson (like Sturridge) played his best football under Rodgers. You'd think the gegenpress would suit Henderson's hassle/headless chicken approach to chasing players/the ball. But his heel injury from August 2015 is still clearly bothering him. Defensive midfield isn't his strongest position anyway and he should be playing a role similar to Ramsey at Arsenal.

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by L4Sensation View Post
    And half will get new deals here

I agree that Mignolet, Sturridge, Bogdan and Markovic will (surely) leave this summer. Wijnaldum, Clyne, Moreno, Henderson, Lovren, Origi and Karius have question marks over their futures for sure.

Moreno has had a few seasons here and not impressed, he's an abysmal defender and for someone who prefers to bomb forward gets caught too often. He also can't cross as well as Robertson and doesn't score enough for an attacking left back (four goals in three and a half seasons). I'd prefer it if we signed another left back to challenge Robertson, we were linked with Zeca, Sessegnon and Hector in the past so get one of them.

I think Henderson (like Sturridge) played his best football under Rodgers. You'd think the gegenpress would suit Henderson's hassle/headless chicken approach to chasing players/the ball. But his heel injury from August 2015 is still clearly bothering him. Defensive midfield isn't his strongest position anyway and he should be playing a role similar to Ramsey at Arsenal.
    I think Henderson has been better playing deeper, and I don't think there's any chance he'll leave this summer, but I'm hoping we upgrade that position.

A deep playmaker or destroyer, Keita and a top creative AM would be an amazing midfield. We're linked with Isco, and whilst I don't think there is any chance of that happening, he'd be perfect. Kroos would be a different kind of midfielder, but another great option nonetheless. Again though, I doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post
    I think Henderson has been better playing deeper, and I don't think there's any chance he'll leave this summer, but I'm hoping we upgrade that position.

A deep playmaker or destroyer, Keita and a top creative AM would be an amazing midfield. We're linked with Isco, and whilst I don't think there is any chance of that happening, he'd be perfect. Kroos would be a different kind of midfielder, but another great option nonetheless. Again though, I doubt it
    I'm sure Real will be happy to part with most of their midfield.

Kovacic might be a more realistic shout though, and is definitely of the quality required, and he can play pretty much anywhere in midfield.

WilbertoSilva is online now First team regular

Kovacic might be a more realistic shout though, and is definitely of the quality required, and he can play pretty much anywhere in midfield.
    Just commenting on the various links, I don't think we'll get one of them, never mind both. I hope Kovacic gets out of there soon, he's too good to play so little. Talk of United being in for him.

I don't watch a huge amount of Real, and even if I did it wouldn't help much - where does he tend to play for them, on the rare occasions? What sort of player is he? I've a feeling comparisons with Wilshere might be quite fitting - is that a reasonable shout?

Quote Originally Posted by ***Stuzzza*** View Post
    I don't watch a huge amount of Real, and even if I did it wouldn't help much - where does he tend to play for them, on the rare occasions? What sort of player is he? I've a feeling comparisons with Wilshere might be quite fitting - is that a reasonable shout?
    Usually in one of the 2 midfield positions slightly ahead of Casemiro, that Modric and Kroos would normally take. But he's played in the DM role a couple of times as well. Wilshere is not a bad comparison, but he's a better dribbler and likes to drive forward and take players on (something Wilshere did do in the past but not seen him do it as much in recent games) and he has more flair and better technique than Wilshere IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by WilbertoSilva View Post

Someone like Fabinho or Weigl behind Keita and Isco. Mouthwatering.

My choice of midfield for next season:

Keita
    Lallana
    Can/Fabinho/Weigl
    Draxler/Isco
    Milner
    Grujic

My choice of midfield for next season:

Keita
    Lallana
    Can/Fabinho/Weigl
    Draxler/Isco
    Milner
    Grujic
    Can will be gone. Either combination of Fabinho/Weigl, Keita and Draxler/Isco would be a great first choice midfield.

Can will be gone. Either combination of Fabinho/Weigl, Keita and Draxler/Isco would be a great first choice midfield.
    How likely is it that we will go into next season with a brand new midfield? We clearly need it to happen but will it.

How likely is it that we will go into next season with a brand new midfield? We clearly need it to happen but will it.
    We'll definitely see one new player in there. Anything else is pure speculation and wishful thinking. But you're right. We definitely need it. Coutinho's creativity in there needs to be replaced. Either Draxler or Isco would be ideal. And we have been crying out for a proper DM/DLP for years now. Again, Fabinho or Weigl would be great options for that. I can see us getting a replacement for Coutinho, but most likely not one of those two names. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll be getting an upgrade on Henderson. Which would be a shame.

Can is the most likely to leave this summer, Keita is the most likely to replace him.
    The rest don't need to go, they are good squad depth so we should only sell if we can get first team quality.
    One, two or three of Sturridge, Origi and Ings could be sold and two wingers to replace them brought in.
    Milner and/or Grujic could be sold too, which would mean one or two midfielders to replace them.
    One, two or three of Matip, Lovren or Klavan could be sold, Gomez could get his chance at centre back or we buy.
    Mignolet and/or Karius could be sold, which would need one or two replacements.

I can't see eleven players coming in, I think Mignolet will go, so will Sturridge and one of Origi or Ings.
    Alisson Becker, Christian Pulisic and Riyad Mahrez would be my top picks for replacing them.

Quote Originally Posted by T J Styles View Post
    Can is the most likely to leave this summer, Keita is the most likely to replace him.
    The rest don't need to go, they are good squad depth so we should only sell if we can get first team quality.
    One, two or three of Sturridge, Origi and Ings could be sold and two wingers to replace them brought in.
    Milner and/or Grujic could be sold too, which would mean one or two midfielders to replace them.
    One, two or three of Matip, Lovren or Klavan could be sold, Gomez could get his chance at centre back or we buy.
    Mignolet and/or Karius could be sold, which would need one or two replacements.

I can't see eleven players coming in, I think Mignolet will go, so will Sturridge and one of Origi or Ings.
    Alisson Becker, Christian Pulisic and Riyad Mahrez would be my top picks for replacing them.
    His agent apparently already confirmed that Can will go to Juventus. I can't see any of our loaned out players bar possibly Grujic being involved with the first team next season at all. Bogdan should definitely be gone, if not sold then released. Mignolet needs urgent replacing and the midfield serious upgrading with some physical strength, composure on the ball and creativity.

There is no way that 11 players will be coming in. Maybe 3-4 at the most in addition to Keita. If it were 3, I'd like to see a keeper, a Coutinho replacement and an upgrade on Henderson in the deep midfield position. Should it be more, then I'd like to see a solid partner for van Dijk and/or a versatile attacker with loads of pace.

His agent apparently already confirmed that Can will go to Juventus. I can't see any of our loaned out players bar possibly Grujic being involved with the first team next season at all. Bogdan should definitely be gone, if not sold then released. Mignolet needs urgent replacing and the midfield serious upgrading with some physical strength, composure on the ball and creativity.

There is no way that 11 players will be coming in.
    Maybe 3-4 at the most in addition to Keita. If it were 3, I'd like to see a keeper, a Coutinho replacement and an upgrade on Henderson in the deep midfield position. Should it be more, then I'd like to see a solid partner for van Dijk and/or a versatile attacker with loads of pace.

Who suggested that? Mental.

I think absolute max 4 players + Keita.

Who suggested that? Mental.

I think absolute max 4 players + Keita.
    Nobody suggested it, at least not to my knowledge. He was just saying that we might need up to 11 to replace departures, but said he can't see it. I just agreed with him.

And I agree with you. Keita plus up to four at the most.

Alisson

Clyne - Virgil - Romagnoli - Robertson

Weigl

Keita - Isco

Salah - Firmino - Mane

Plus a versatile, speedy attacker for the bench. That would be a dream come true.