Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stadium Expansion

kickthetyres is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by QuatreVingt16 View Post
    Whether it pleases the traditional supporter or not is really immaterial as financially it is the only way to go. Good corporate facilities will increase greatly the matchday revenue and maybe allow the Club to maintain the cost of stand tickets.
    Not if they dont sell them it doesn't. The hospitality in the main stand rarely sells out if the unfilled seats are anything to go by. The club seems to have found its limit with respect to premium priced corporate and hospitality package sales so doing something about its massive elephant in the room (its season ticket waiting list) is sensible imho.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    it'll be weird driving round that area and not saying that old iconic stadium there
    No matter what way you drive around that stadium, itís a **** drive.

Quote Originally Posted by MiraclesArePossible View Post
    Unfortunately that's unrealistic because of the position of the road.
    You mean the Albert pub as the road is now a pedestrian walkway? Couldn't they house it inside the stadium somehow?

Quote Originally Posted by Em-inLeam View Post
    You mean the Albert pub as the road is now a pedestrian walkway? Couldn't they house it inside the stadium somehow?
    The road is still a road except at times either side of a match.

Quote Originally Posted by kickthetyres View Post
    The road is still a road except at times either side of a match.
    Perhaps reroute the road or build a tunnel under the stand.

Not if they dont sell them it doesn't. The hospitality in the main stand rarely sells out if the unfilled seats are anything to go by. The club seems to have found its limit with respect to premium priced corporate and hospitality package sales so doing something about its massive elephant in the room (its season ticket waiting list) is sensible imho.
    Where in the main stand?

I've been in pretty much all of the sections there: Dugout, Chemistry, 1892 and the only times I have seen empty seats are right at the edges of both KOP and Annie Road end. These seats form part of the so called Dugout area. Despite there being empty seats there, try and buy a hospitality ticket now. You can't. They were sold out for all league games more than a month ago. That is unless the club themselves are holding some back.

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgher View Post
    Where in the main stand?

I've been in pretty much all of the sections there: Dugout, Chemistry, 1892 and the only times I have seen empty seats are right at the edges of both KOP and Annie Road end. These seats form part of the so called Dugout area. Despite there being empty seats there, try and buy a hospitality ticket now. You can't. They were sold out for all league games more than a month ago. That is unless the club themselves are holding some back.
    Sitting in the Kenny stand you can see empty seats all across the hospitality layer in the main stand. Its the same at almost every game. Its possible they are seats that have been block booked and not used on the day, but gaps there are. Plenty of them.
    I dont know if there are other outlets for these seats other than directly through LFC.

MiraclesArePossible is online now Boot Room insider
    Perhaps reroute the road or build a tunnel under the stand.
    That's a logistical nightmare.

I understand where you’re coming from and there is an issue with waiting list, most of which will almost never be resolved particularly under current system. Capacity will only address a small part of that. As for corporate capacity, regardless of its take up at present, I’m of the opinion that it should be developed for the financial reasons previously stated and I’m sure a bit of success on the pitch would aid the demand greatly.

That's a logistical nightmare.
    Only headache would be the Albert.

GrottonRed is online now LFC Forums Moderator
    Sitting in the Kenny stand you can see empty seats all across the hospitality layer in the main stand. Its the same at almost every game. Its possible they are seats that have been block booked and not used on the day, but gaps there are. Plenty of them.
    I dont know if there are other outlets for these seats other than directly through LFC.
    The hospitality tickets are normally pretty much all sold out for the majority of games.

The amount unsold, certainly doesn't correspond with the number of empty seats.

Maybe, the occupants are staying in the bars?

It is a bit odd.

Looking through all the remaining fixtures, there are very few Hospitality tickets available...and the few they are nearly all off site for the meal.
    Last edited by GrottonRed; 10-2-18 at 16:13.
    Life President of TEPS...The Ellipsis Preservation Society.

Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    The hospitality tickets are normally pretty much all sold out for the majority of games.

The amount unsold, certainly doesn't correspond with the number of empty seats.

Maybe, the occupants are staying in the bars?

It is a bit odd.

Looking through all the remaining fixtures, there are very few Hospitality tickets available...and the few they are nearly all off site for the meal.
    A quick Google reveals at least 3 companies selling our hospitality packages, they are available for most remaining games albeit at inflated prices. This probably explains tge empty seats in the hospitality layer. We would get a clearer picture of what is going on in LFC just sold all its own tickets and packages; at least we would know they were all going at face value.

if the reports are true then excellent news regarding the ARE, I hope they do keep the tickets affordable, but regardless having an extra 7000 or so in the ground people will always be welcome in my view.

A quick Google reveals at least 3 companies selling our hospitality packages, they are available for most remaining games albeit at inflated prices. This probably explains tge empty seats in the hospitality layer. We would get a clearer picture of what is going on in LFC just sold all its own tickets and packages; at least we would know they were all going at face value.
    Thats great news then. These companies or the plonkers who buy them have paid the price LFC charge for those seats.

That's a minimum of £200+ and a max of £750 a pop. Whether they sell them or not the club has got big money for them. Soon with all the controls LFC put in place to stop touts, this will become the only way for touts to sell tickets. That is for the hospitality tickets that aren't part of a season ticket package.

And the road. You can't avoid that problem.

And the road. You can't avoid that problem.
    What's wrong with the tunnel idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Beige View Post
    Probably the amount of money and planning that it would take to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by -Chris- View Post
    Probably the amount of money and planning that it would take to do it.
    It's just a normal two-way street right? Shouldn't be that hard to do a tunnel for that while you probably have to do foundations for the stand anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Beige View Post
    The street's extremely narrow, and if you put a tunnel down it you render the buildings on Walton Breck inaccessible from the stadium side. So even if you build a tunnel you still need to find a way to get rid of those buildings. Including the pub.

The street's extremely narrow, and if you put a tunnel down it you render the buildings on Walton Breck inaccessible from the stadium side. So even if you build a tunnel you still need to find a way to get rid of those buildings. Including the pub.
    In that case divert the road. We do it on match days, we can do it on non match days.

MoMoMoMoMoMoMo is online now Academy prospect
    Its more than just the Pubs.

There are a load of new houses just been built that wouldn't be that far away from any new structure, then there's the building directly behind the Kop, some Church isn't it?

In that case divert the road. We do it on match days, we can do it on non match days.
    You've thought absolutely zero about this. How exactly do you suggest we divert that road?

I know Iím alone on this (and for once thatís probably a good thing) but I would have been stoked if weíd actually built that HKS space age stadium design in Stanley Park. It looked like it would have been quite sensational.

In London Arsenalís Emirates is a nice looking ground. Tottenhamís new stadium looks like it will be something special (even tho Arsenal fans photoshopped it to look like a toilet... too funny) and the designs posted for Chelseaís new fotresss are something to behold!

However, redevelopment done right can result in a totally modern stadium so there is plenty of hope and scope. In Spain, Realís Bernabeu is going go thru one hell of a transformation whilst across in Catalonia the redeveloped Camp Nou plans shows what can be done if you let really go for it.

Weíll extend our capacity but that HKS design had me at hello

Quote Originally Posted by Joe-El View Post
    I know I’m alone on this (and for once that’s probably a good thing) but I would have been stoked if we’d actually built that HKS space age stadium design in Stanley Park. It looked like it would have been quite sensational.

In London Arsenal’s Emirates is a nice looking ground. Tottenham’s new stadium looks like it will be something special (even tho Arsenal fans photoshopped it to look like a toilet... too funny) and the designs posted for Chelsea’s new fotresss are something to behold!

However, redevelopment done right can result in a totally modern stadium so there is plenty of hope and scope. In Spain, Real’s Bernabeu is going go thru one hell of a transformation whilst across in Catalonia the redeveloped Camp Nou plans shows what can be done if you let really go for it.

We’ll extend our capacity but that HKS design had me at hello
    Looking back I found it much too gimmicky. The outside was designed to look like an NFL stadium, and the inside had all of the stands too far apart from each other. Long term expanding Anfield where it is would be my preferred option.

I know Iím alone on this (and for once thatís probably a good thing) but I would have been stoked if weíd actually built that HKS space age stadium design in Stanley Park. It looked like it would have been quite sensational.

In London Arsenalís Emirates is a nice looking ground. Tottenhamís new stadium looks like it will be something special (even tho Arsenal fans photoshopped it to look like a toilet... too funny) and the designs posted for Chelseaís new fotresss are something to behold!

However, redevelopment done right can result in a totally modern stadium so there is plenty of hope and scope. In Spain, Realís Bernabeu is going go thru one hell of a transformation whilst across in Catalonia the redeveloped Camp Nou plans shows what can be done if you let really go for it.

Weíll extend our capacity but that HKS design had me at hello
    I didn't mind the design at all especially after that awful looking Parry Bowl.

But given all the options staying at Anfield was 100% what I wanted and I'm glad we have done that.

aylesbyred is offline Boot Room insider
    Looking back I found it much too gimmicky. The outside was designed to look like an NFL stadium, and the inside had all of the stands too far apart from each other. Long term expanding Anfield where it is would be my preferred option.
    Iím glad we never sold our souls and built new, Arsenal, Spurs, City all sold out Chelsea will too,

As far as corporate seats go; Iíve tried to buy for a while now and all the corps are pretty much full, even those events away from the ground such is Aintree etc; Iíve no idea why seats are not all filled; not really fussed itís weird we got more seats and less availability so development of the Annie are is more than welcome

I’m glad we never sold our souls and built new, Arsenal, Spurs, City all sold out Chelsea will too,

As far as corporate seats go; I’ve tried to buy for a while now and all the corps are pretty much full, even those events away from the ground such is Aintree etc; I’ve no idea why seats are not all filled; not really fussed it’s weird we got more seats and less availability so development of the Annie are is more than welcome
    I dead sure most here would feel exactly the same as you... perhaps even those that wanted the move at the time. If Liverpool can mirror re-development of the Main Stand all the way around I'd be ecstatic. Would require a few more buildings knocked down tho

I dead sure most here would feel exactly the same as you... perhaps even those that wanted the move at the time. If Liverpool can mirror re-development of the Main Stand all the way around I'd be ecstatic. Would require a few more buildings knocked down tho
    Yep, each to their own; iíd been on the Kop since 86 it would have ripped my heart had we moved and when you look at Maine Road, Highbury, WHL, Goodison, the Bridge, Upton Park all iconic stadiums sadly gone or going so far atmospheres have never been recreated in the new stadiums.

The Annie Road end will be great

Yep, each to their own; i’d been on the Kop since 86 it would have ripped my heart had we moved and when you look at Maine Road, Highbury, WHL, Goodison, the Bridge, Upton Park all iconic stadiums sadly gone or going so far atmospheres have never been recreated in the new stadiums.

The Annie Road end will be great
    Saying all that, perhaps because they never really had a sustained period of dominance before but I doubt too many City supporters will be meandering down Blue Moon Way all nostalgic about the good old times there (or lack of). They're just proud to have the only stadium in Manchester.

Highbury was a xxxx stadium (fact!). I've never once heard of any Arsenal supporters objection to building the Emirates, in fact its something they're staunchly proud of. Yes the atmosphere in there can be diabolical, but thats the same in a lot of grounds where fans are only singing when they're winning, or at least being entertained. I was in there a few years back when they clobbered us 4-1, place was rocking.

White Hart Lane there probably isn't a single sensible Spurs supporter this side of creation that isn't stoked to be getting one over Arsenal by having the biggest stadium in North London. Even mentioning it is ridiculous. The fan base never wanted to move to the London Stadium but they absolutely didn't enjoy looking naff next to their main rivals. This situation is something I don't think they'd have believed possible 10 years ago or even dared to dreamt of. Don't forget, it not like they've actually moved much either. Same patch of land, just extended.

Not sure why Goodison was mentioned

As for the Bridge, have you seen what they're planning down there, forget stadium, think cathedral. It looks absolutely amazing. Plus they're not actually moving.

Upton Park, well that was one of the absolute worst stadiums in London by a country mile. I remember the 1st time I went there... it looked a bit like that run down shopping centre in Elephant & Castle from the outside... a real dump. Are they happier to have moved, probably not. They would be if the football was good to watch. Its dire.
    Last edited by Joe-El; 11-2-18 at 14:33.

Saying all that, perhaps because they never really had a sustained period of dominance before but I doubt too many City supporters will be meandering down Blue Moon Way all nostalgic about the good old times there (or lack of). They're just proud to have the only stadium in Manchester.

Highbury was a xxxx stadium (fact!). I've never once heard of any Arsenal supporters objection to building the Emirates, in fact its something they're staunchly proud of. Yes the atmosphere in there can be diabolical, but thats the same in a lot of grounds where fans are only singing when they're winning, or at least being entertained. I was in there a few years back when they clobbered us 4-1, place was rocking.

White Hart Lane there probably isn't a single sensible Spurs supporter this side of creation that isn't stoked to be getting one over Arsenal by having the biggest stadium in North London. Even mentioning it is ridiculous. The fan base never wanted to move to the London Stadium but they absolutely didn't enjoy looking naff next to their main rivals. This situation is something I don't think they'd have believed possible 10 years ago or even dared to dreamt of. Don't forget, it not like they've actually moved much either. Same patch of land, just extended.

Not sure why Goodison was mentioned

As for the Bridge, have you seen what they're planning down there, forget stadium, think cathedral. It looks absolutely amazing. Plus they're not actually moving.

Upton Park, well that was one of the absolute worst stadiums in London by a country mile. I remember the 1st time I went there... it looked a bit like that run down shopping centre in Elephant & Castle from the outside... a real dump. Are they happier to have moved, probably not. They would be if the football was good to watch. Its dire.
    You make some good points by Iím afraid Iím an old romantic who hates change and these old iconic grounds I grew up going to are fast disappearing; too be fair there are fans who like new grounds and fans who donít, and equally I know a few City fans who actually liked the old City when they were ****.

Goodison I threw in because at some point it will get knocked down and again itís another iconic stadium; the first three tier stand in the Uk, revolutionary at the time !

I get some fans might have fancied a new Ďsoccerdomeí but it was never for me in all honesty