Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stadium Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by aylesbyred View Post
    You make some good points by I’m afraid I’m an old romantic who hates change and these old iconic grounds I grew up going to are fast disappearing; too be fair there are fans who like new grounds and fans who don’t, and equally I know a few City fans who actually liked the old City when they were ****.

Goodison I threw in because at some point it will get knocked down and again it’s another iconic stadium; the first three tier stand in the Uk, revolutionary at the time !

I get some fans might have fancied a new ‘soccerdome’ but it was never for me in all honesty
    I hear u pal but let’s be honest, old and **** doesn’t equal historic (talking about Goodson). I grew up in Brighton (so that’s my 2nd team) and over the years we’ve gone from the ****** old Goldstone (sold really badly by the then board) to ****** little Withdean (via Gillingham I think) and now live in the glorious 30k seater Amex (Falmer) Stadium. I can tellyou now that categorically nobody remembers the Goldstone. Nobody! No nostalgia down in East Sussex.

I never lived in Liverpool (became a fan by virtue of my dead pa) so I can’t sit here and tell u what for because that’s ludicrous. From the outside looking in, I want LFC to be the best European football club in my lifetime (would be nice), progress and nostalgia have as much in common as Brexit and the EU.

Being true, if I had a shreik sized wallet and was fed up with fast cars and even faster girls I’d have paid for the damn HKS myself and given it as a gift to Liverpool FC free of charge (yes we all have dreams!) but today we have a new stand and the matchday fans have their old seats.
    Last edited by kloppogarcia; 11-2-18 at 16:29. Reason: swear filter
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

BearWithMe is offline First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by QuatreVingt16 View Post
    Whether it pleases the traditional supporter or not is really immaterial as financially it is the only way to go. Good corporate facilities will increase greatly the matchday revenue and maybe allow the Club to maintain the cost of stand tickets.
    I cant see them building any new stand without it to be honest. It makes little financial sense to do it without. It would be naive of FSG to gamble with LFC's money like that, which we know they wont do.

I'm very happy we extended Anfield instead of moving into one of those gimmicky toiletbowls. Too many clubs throw away their history an soul in exchange for Sheikhmoney and ugly new grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by BearWithMe View Post
    I cant see them building any new stand without it to be honest. It makes little financial sense to do it without. It would be naive of FSG to gamble with LFC's money like that, which we know they wont do.
    United get as much matchday revenue from their 5,000 corporate seats as they do from the other 67,000 standard punters. It's an essential part of the business model as you say.

Well, that is the plan. The budget is around £45m, so it's doable to me. We have the cash with other revenues rising fast.

BearWithMe is offline First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Beige View Post
    Well, that is the plan. The budget is around £45m, so it's doable to me. We have the cash with other revenues rising fast.
    Well if you nearly double that budget we'll be close to what it will cost! £45m doesn't go far noways. Probably wouldn't buy you the required steel!

Quote Originally Posted by GrottonRed View Post
    The hospitality tickets are normally pretty much all sold out for the majority of games.

The amount unsold, certainly doesn't correspond with the number of empty seats.

Maybe, the occupants are staying in the bars?

It is a bit odd.

Looking through all the remaining fixtures, there are very few Hospitality tickets available...and the few they are nearly all off site for the meal.
    Quote Originally Posted by kickthetyres View Post
    A quick Google reveals at least 3 companies selling our hospitality packages, they are available for most remaining games albeit at inflated prices. This probably explains tge empty seats in the hospitality layer. We would get a clearer picture of what is going on in LFC just sold all its own tickets and packages; at least we would know they were all going at face value.
    Keep in mind that some of the hospitality seats are essentially reserved for sponsors and their guests. These seats are paid for within the sponsorship fee these companies pay. They donít always use their full allocation. (Iíve been a guest of one of the main sponsors)

In addition private boxes are paid for per box and not per person, so again whoever purchases those boxes doesnít always ram them to capacity.

Also many seats are reserved for friends and family of players and staff, so some of them donít always take to their seat, especially if they are looking after young children.

The essential point is that even if a seat is empty, you can be sure someone has ended up paying for it somehow.

FistofRage is online now First team regular
    I want to watch us live from a bed

http://www.offtheball.com/Soccer/Bayern-Bed

Quote Originally Posted by FistofRage View Post

Maybe they could do a drone service. A drone over Anfield, for a select few who can watch the game from a glass floor in the drone.

Could get another 10 or so tickets each game, towards a new Defensive Midfielder

Well if you nearly double that budget we'll be close to what it will cost! £45m doesn't go far noways. Probably wouldn't buy you the required steel!
    Its reported that the Main Stand cost 106m£ so one could hope that Annie Road doesn’t exceed 60 - 70m£. It would be nice to fill in the corner with the main stand and similiarly plan for intergration and future development with the KD Stand.

Quote Originally Posted by FistofRage View Post

We stayed at the Hilton in Milton Keynes earlier this year and totally without knowing we were given a room on the 4th floor (my wife is a Hilton Honors Member) and when we got to our room the Dons were playing Rochdale. The window in the room looked over the pitch. Was surreal. Have to say you lose the emotion of it watching from behind a glass wall.