Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Player ratings v Saints

MoMoMoMoMoMoMo is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by rosso76 View Post
    Gini was an excellent passer of the ball today from midfield further up top,

he was not as much as good in firing at goal from the middle long distance the couple of times he tried it,

stop,
    I know, I thought he was good. I will not stop rosso, not even for you.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by -Bodie- View Post
    Karius - 8 -
    Trent - 7.5
    Matip - 7
    VVD - 9.5
    Robbo - 7

Can - 6
    Wijnaldum - 1.6
    Ox - 2.3

Mane - 6.5
    Firmino - 8.5
    Salah - 8.5

Subs-

Milner - 5
    Lallana - 1.2
    Lovren - N/A
    Some of these posters.....smh

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyreds View Post
    Some of these posters.....smh
    That poster is trying way too hard with being stupidly emotive, got to have a hobby I guess

Quote Originally Posted by MoMoMoMoMoMoMo View Post
    I know, I thought he was good. I will not stop rosso, not even for you.
    don't stop, mate,

there's not any reason,

I don't believe that anyway, say if we swapped Gini out of the game today for another midfielder who tried but kept giving it away we would of had three players trying but giving the ball away in the first half. Can't believe anyone would think that was a good thing.

Been said loads of times we need to calm things down at times, try and control the game a bit, put your foot on the ball, play simple passes, don't lose the ball etc. We had that today but it seems it would of been better to try something and give it away in your eyes.
    That's not what i'd call controlling the game but fair enough if that's your interpretation of it.

What we do is invite pressure onto ourselves by not being good enough to take hold of the ball and dictate the game. Taking the ball and then passing it back to our defenders and full backs and being scared to play passes that cut through the opposition midfield is far from controlling the game.

It's the complete opposite of controlling the game. We got away with it today thanks to two moments of brilliance from our world class players up front but as seen many a time, it very often bites us on the arse.
    Last edited by -Bodie-; 11-2-18 at 22:38.

None of the 3 in the middle where anything above a 5

Yes, i would rather our midfielders give the ball away whilst trying to create something rather than just take it off the defender and then just pass it back to the defender or sideways to a full back.

One hundred percent.
    Neither form are desirable and if we are going to improve, none of today’s midfielders should be starting next season imo. Think Can and Wyn both tried today with varying degrees of success but neither are consistantly good enough while Ox is doing his best to be the player that most feared he was when first signed and in doing so is making his City performance look like a coincidence of the recent Blue Moon.

Quote Originally Posted by QuatreVingt16 View Post
    Neither form are desirable and if we are going to improve, none of today’s midfielders should be starting next season imo. Think Can and Wyn both tried today with varying degrees of success but neither are consistantly good enough while Ox is doing his best to be the player that most feared he was when first signed and in doing so is making his City performance look like a coincidence of the recent Blue Moon.
    Yeah agree mate.

But out of the two options i'd much prefer our midfielders at least try and influence the game rather than just go into hiding and play it safe(far from safe in all reality as it invites pressure onto us) all game long.

That's not what i'd call controlling the game but fair enough if that's your interpretation of it.

What we do is invite pressure onto ourselves by being scared of taking hold of the ball and dictating the game. Taking the ball and then passing it back to our defenders and full backs and being scared to play passes that cut through the opposition midfield is far from controlling the game.

It's the complete opposite of controlling the game. We got away with it today thanks to two moments of brilliance from our world class players up front but as seen many a time, it very often bites us on the arse.
    I don't mean controlling it like a Barcelona would, I guess my thoughts will be the same as yours really, just today I thought he did well especially in the first half when the rest of the team was giving it away he wasn't and calmed things down a bit and did play some good forward passes. With Can stepping up in the second half it was a lot easier for us as we weren't giving it away.

We haven't got the midfield to control the game really, no one can pass it well enough to cut through defences like you say.

I don't mean controlling it like a Barcelona would, I guess my thoughts will be the same as yours really, just today I thought he did well especially in the first half when the rest of the team was giving it away he wasn't and calmed things down a bit and did play some good forward passes. With Can stepping up in the second half it was a lot easier for us as we weren't giving it away.

We haven't got the midfield to control the game really, no one can pass it well enough to cut through defences like you say.
    Fair enough mate.

I hear Naby is great at passes that cut through the opposition midfield/defences....

Fair enough mate.

I hear Naby is great at passes that cut through the opposition midfield/defences....
    Possibly but I think we miss a Alonso type player.

Possibly but I think we miss a Alonso type player.
    Absolutely.

Naby alone won't be enough.

That's why i'd happily get rid of every single midfielder we have apart from Ox and Emre if he wants to stay. I'd keep Hendo too if i had to pick one more out of the rest.

Won't happen like but i wish it did. Need a 6 who can dictate the game and someone like Naby who we've thankfully already signed.

We've had a 7, 7.5 and a 8.5 for Wijnaldum!

My god.

Do we enjoy mediocrity around here or what?

Maybe i was being slightly harsh rating him lower than Ox, who was horrendous but anything above for 5.5 for Gini is laughable.

He was useless for 99.9999% of the game, as per, and folk on here and giving him an 8.5! *********** hell.
    Gini was good today but some of you are so biased against him it really doesn’t matter anymore if he has a good game or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggz View Post
    None of the 3 in the middle where anything above a 5
    My sentiments exactly. Our midfield will be our downfall this season. Spurs ran rings around it and Southampton did too during the first half. I really dread the Porto game as they have a very good midfield compared to ours.

Wijnaldum received the following ratings:

Echo - 8
    WhoScored - 7.2
    SkySports - 7
    Express - 8
    Mirror - 7

Bit generous was it?

I couldn't decide between 1.1 and 1.2...was feeling generous tho so went for the 1.2.
    Nice of you to round up at least. That post where you called him a bum had me crying laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonFans View Post

Echo - 8
    WhoScored - 7.2
    SkySports - 7
    Express - 8
    Mirror - 7
    Thought he had a solid performance in the first half. Second half waned a bit. Definitely not as poor as a few trolls on here have claimed, but not “great” 7 is probably just about right

Quote Originally Posted by Klopphopper View Post
    Gini was good today but some of you are so biased against him it really doesn’t matter anymore if he has a good game or not.
    But in essence doesn’t that say all we need to know about Gini; ‘good today’ implicitly implies, and correctly so, that he isn’t always that good. ITs always waning between good, average and poor with the odd exception when he’s been very good. The same can be said about all of our current regularly playing midfielders with Can probably the best of the lot. But such ratings will never allow us to control games and see them out more comfortably. Naby is summer bound but imho, we’ll need two more before the start of next season in order to better dominate oppositions.

I'd give everyone a 7 except for Karius, Firmino and Salah who get an 8.5

Absolutely.

Naby alone won't be enough.

That's why i'd happily get rid of every single midfielder we have apart from Ox and Emre if he wants to stay. I'd keep Hendo too if i had to pick one more out of the rest.

Won't happen like but i wish it did. Need a 6 who can dictate the game and someone like Naby who we've thankfully already signed.
    After a great first season at Wolves, I'd be all over Neves for the 6 role, with Keita and one of Lemar/Pulisic/ANother as the 3rd mid (having Ox, Hendo, Lallana on the bench).

Quote Originally Posted by BostonFans View Post

Echo - 8
    WhoScored - 7.2
    SkySports - 7
    Express - 8
    Mirror - 7
    Tbh, that's pretty meaningless as those scores are given by journalists, most of whom have never kicked a ball in their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by elmo the cat View Post
    Tbh, that's pretty meaningless as those scores are given by journalists, most of whom have never kicked a ball in their lives.
    And the ridiculous people handing out ratings here were all world class international players and coaches? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by KoalaToure View Post
    And the ridiculous people handing out ratings here were all world class international players and coaches? ^^
    What a strange riposte. Who the hell has said that or even implied it ?

Has can't defend changed his name to Bodie?

Anyway...

Karius - 8 Starting to look a decent keeper

TAA - 6.5 Got caught out a few times in the first half but tbf Salah doesn't help out much defensively (probably instructed to catch on break)
    Matip 6.5 Few shaky moments in first half.
    VVD - 8.5 Didn't even look like he was trying but still bossed our defence.
    Robertson- 7 Solid

Can - 7 Average if not solid
    Gini- 7.5 Good performance especially for an away game for him.
    Ox - 6 Not great.

Mane - 6 He will turn it around soon.
    Firmino - 9 Well taken goal and a sexy assist.
    Salah - 8.5 Another great performance.

Lallana - 6.5
    Milner - 7
    Lovren - 11

Klopp - 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazlaz74 View Post
    Has can't defend changed his name to Bodie?

Anyway...

Karius - 8 Starting to look a decent keeper

TAA - 6.5 Got caught out a few times in the first half but tbf Salah doesn't help out much defensively (probably instructed to catch on break)
    Matip 6.5 Few shaky moments in first half.
    VVD - 8.5 Didn't even look like he was trying but still bossed our defence.
    Robertson- 7 Solid

Can - 7 Average if not solid
    Gini- 7.5 Good performance especially for an away game for him.
    Ox - 6 Not great.

Mane - 6 He will turn it around soon.
    Firmino - 9 Well taken goal and a sexy assist.
    Salah - 8.5 Another great performance.

Lallana - 6.5
    Milner - 7
    Lovren - 11

Klopp - 9.
    Looks like it. The other knobs on here usually don't change their names.

karius -8
    TAA- 6
    Matip- 6
    VAn dijk- 8
    Robertson-6
    Can-6
    Wij- 6
    Ox-5
    Mane-6
    Firmino-7
    Salah 7
    Eagle Face Moron

Quote Originally Posted by Megali-Idea View Post
    Nice of you to round up at least. That post where you called him a bum had me crying laughing.
    Simple facts mate

That's exactly what he is, as is the rest of our mostly useless midfield.

Watch when we transform our midfield(hopefully) in the summer, we've got a great attack and an improving defence, with a good midfield we'll be right up there challenging for the league without a shadow of doubt IMO.

Problem is, these superfan wannabe's think they look cool and more of a superfan by not having the balls to criticise useless players on here when they're proven, well known mediocre, mid table players who should be nowhere near a club like ours.

It's like because we've had such mediocrity for years in our midfield since Alonso and Gerrard left they've become used to it and are now happy with it. Well i'm not, and won't be happy with midfielders like Gini who get rated 8.5, 8, 7.5 etc for apparent ''solid'' performances anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Klopphopper View Post
    Mate, by his own standards he was phenomenal, tremendous, world player of the year candidate in his own brain i imagine for that one performance.

Problem is, when compared to midfielders up and down the country, he was dog ****. He was like a young Tom Cleverley, when he was at Utd, at his worst out there, but that in itself equals a tremendous performance by Gini's standards.

The lad is simply not mentally strong enough to be at a top club. He probably has it in him, just wont and never will back himself to have the balls to influence a game like a good midfielder should. Simple facts.

To each their own though, if you guys think he was good you can, i don't and want him gone as soon as possible. Everyone else can pray we keep him so they can witness more ''good'' performances like that from him week in week out.

Quote Originally Posted by L8LadinDubai View Post
    After a great first season at Wolves, I'd be all over Neves for the 6 role, with Keita and one of Lemar/Pulisic/ANother as the 3rd mid (having Ox, Hendo, Lallana on the bench).
    Not seen much of him mate, but wasn't he captain at Porto at like 18?

That in itself says a lot about the lad, heard good things about him.

Mate, by his own standards he was phenomenal, tremendous, world player of the year candidate in his own brain i imagine for that one performance.

Problem is, when compared to midfielders up and down the country, he was dog ****. He was like a young Tom Cleverley, when he was at Utd, at his worst out there, but that in itself equals a tremendous performance by Gini's standards.

The lad is simply not mentally strong enough to be at a top club. He probably has it in him, just wont and never will back himself to have the balls to influence a game like a good midfielder should. Simple facts.

To each their own though, if you guys think he was good you can, i don't and want him gone as soon as possible. Everyone else can pray we keep him so they can witness more ''good'' performances like that from him week in week out.
    thats my main issue with him , he has the technical ability and we see that every now and then but he never wants to impose himself and run a game
    Eagle Face Moron