Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Player ratings v Saints

Quote Originally Posted by DannyMc9 View Post
    thats my main issue with him , he has the technical ability and we see that every now and then but he never wants to impose himself and run a game
    Mate, apparently he was an attacking midfielder/Winger back in the days.

The lad is clearly technically gifted, just doesn't have the balls to get involved and influence a game.

That's why i never criticise Hendo or Milner for it, because they simply don't have the talent or ability to do that. Gini does though, but he hasn't got the mentality needed to be able to utilise his abilities at a big club, as often seen with players who just cannot perform at big clubs.

He's a mid table player, at best.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by -Bodie- View Post
    Mate, apparently he was an attacking midfielder/Winger back in the days.

The lad is clearly technically gifted, just doesn't have the balls to get involved and influence a game.

That's why i never criticise Hendo or Milner for it, because they simply don't have the talent or ability to do that. Gini does though, but he hasn't got the mentality needed to be able to utilise his abilities at a big club, as often seen with players who just cannot perform at big clubs.

He's a mid table player, at best.
    not agree about your consideration on Gini,

he's a former right winger converted in a middle right midfielder, and that convertion maybe has made pay him a toll at least partly,

in my opinion, he's actually not as strong as he was at the time he was a winger, but I deem him a worthy central midfielder

and tranquilly up to be LFC material, at least as a backup option on the bench, when we will have boosted that position properly with a top notch

half sided midfielder,

I don't think he deserves to be cut off our ranks next season, but obviously we need a more consistent and flawless option for the role,

but anyway I think he would still deserve some game time even when that upgrade will be acquired,

it's obvious that increasing the number of options in the center of the park can limit the game time spared to him,

a valid option on the bench for any top notch team as LFC, not mid table material as some of you endorse,

cheers,
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post