Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 62

Thread: Player ratings v Saints

  1. #1 Default Player ratings v Saints 
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,600
    Karius - 8 - impressive. Best game for us

    Trent - 6.5 -
    Matip - 7
    VVD - 8 - calmness personified
    Robbo - 7

    Can - 6
    Wijnaldum - 7 - quietly effective
    Ox - 5.5

    Mane - 6.5
    Firmino - 8
    Salah - 8

    MOTM - for me, Karius, just for looking like an actual goalkeeper, which isnt what we're used to. VVD a close second.

    A good day at the office. Job well done.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  2. #2  
    Larissa Karius is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    38,169
    Karius - 8.5
    Arnold - 7
    Matip - 7
    Virgil - 8
    Robertson - 7
    Emre - 7
    Wijnaldum - 7
    Chamberlain - 6
    Mane - 7
    Salah - 9
    Firmino - 9 MoTM
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  3. #3  
    NY Mike is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    33,486
    Karius - 9 MOTM

    TAA - 6
    Matip - 6.5
    VVD - 8
    Robbo - 7

    Can - 7
    Wijnaldum - 6.5
    Ox - 5

    Mane - 6 (I think he's about to break out again though)
    Firmino - 8
    Salah - 8
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  4. #4  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,991
    Karius - 8 -
    Trent - 7.5
    Matip - 7
    VVD - 9.5
    Robbo - 7

    Can - 6
    Wijnaldum - 1.6
    Ox - 2.3

    Mane - 6.5
    Firmino - 8.5
    Salah - 8.5

    Subs-

    Milner - 5
    Lallana - 1.2
    Lovren - N/A
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  5. #5  
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6,547
    Lallana 1.2
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  6. #6  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    7,600
    Quote Originally Posted by -Bodie- View Post
    Karius - 8 -
    Trent - 7.5
    Matip - 7
    VVD - 9.5
    Robbo - 7

    Can - 6
    Wijnaldum - 1.6
    Ox - 2.3

    Mane - 6.5
    Firmino - 8.5
    Salah - 8.5

    Subs-

    Milner - 5
    Lallana - 1.2
    Lovren - N/A
    Very precise of you
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  7. #7  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,991
    Quote Originally Posted by Megali-Idea View Post
    Lallana 1.2
    Bit generous was it?

    I couldn't decide between 1.1 and 1.2...was feeling generous tho so went for the 1.2.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  8. #8  
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,332
    Karius and Van Dijk were great.

    Salah dangerous as always

    Mane somehow unlucky

    Robertson looked shaky
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  9. #9  
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,117
    karius - 8

    TAA- 7
    matip - 5
    VVD - 9
    robertson - 6

    can - 6
    wijnaldum - 7
    ox - 5

    mane - 6.5
    firmino - 8
    salah - 8.5

    special mentions to milner and all lana who came on and put in a great shift. VVD to captain us next yr
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  10. #10  
    MoMoMoMoMoMoMo is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    12,684
    Only player who was below par today was Ox

    Karius 8
    Trent 7
    Matip 7
    VVD 8
    Robbo 6.5
    Can 7
    Gini 7.5
    Ox 6
    Mane 7
    Bobby 8
    Salah 8

    Milner 6.5
    Lallana 6
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  11. #11  
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    8,572
    Karius - 8 Great saves, only one bad piece of distribution. Great performance... finally
    Trent - 6.5 Thought he could have been a lot better in possession. Made me miss Gomes
    Matip - 7.5 Unfussy. Good game
    VVD - 9.0 Top top performance. Thats what we paid top dollar for
    Robertson - 6.0 Had good and bad moments. Some terrible defending nearly cost us

    Can - 7.5 Was commanding in midfield.
    Wijnaldum - 6.5 A much better showing from the usually invisible Dutchman
    Ox - 4.0 Didn't turn up

    Mane - 7.5 Had a cleaver game, shame his volley was blocked. Looked great
    Firmino - 8.0 Goal and assist... outside of that he had a messy game
    Salah - 8.0 Another goal and another assist. Top stuff apart from being a bit greedy

    Subs-

    Milner - 7.0 Made a positive impact when he came on
    Lallana - 7.5 Classy, just so classy
    Lovren - N/A Didn't get anytime to do much
    Last edited by Joe-El; 12-2-18 at 08:28.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  12. #12  
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    13,397
    Karius - 7.5 -

    TAA - 8 -
    Matip - 8.5 -
    VVD - 9 - MOTM -
    Robertson - 7.5 -

    Can - 8 -
    Wjinaldum - 8.5 -
    AOC - 7 -

    Salah - 7.5 -
    Firmino - 8 -
    Manč - 7.5 -

    Milner - 6.5 -
    Lallana - 7 -
    Lovren - n.v. -

    JK - 8 -


    excellent team display specially with our backline, and very good in the center of the park,

    our firepower converted a couple of chances, but were wasteful several times as the result could be certainly a worse punishment for the saints,

    which bar crosses, set pieces, and a couple of half chances in the first half were certainly overwhelmed by the better overall quality LFC possess,

    individually we had some standing out performers at the back and in the center of the park, and our keeper was assured in his tasks as never we watched him being thus far

    in the current season,

    very good day at the office indeed,



    Last edited by rosso76; 11-2-18 at 20:23.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  13. #13  
    TheRiedle is online now First team regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    37,495
    Karius - 8, save from Hojberg kept us in the game.
    TAA - 7
    Matip - 6 shaky
    VVD - 8 won everything in the air
    Robertson - 7
    Can - 7
    Wijnaldum - 7
    Ox - 5 below par from him today, Klopp was right to sub him off.
    Salah - 8
    Firmino - 8 MOTM for me.
    Mane - 6
    ?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  14. #14  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,991
    We've had a 7, 7.5 and a 8.5 for Wijnaldum!

    My god.

    Do we enjoy mediocrity around here or what?

    Maybe i was being slightly harsh rating him lower than Ox, who was horrendous but anything above for 5.5 for Gini is laughable.

    He was useless for 99.9999% of the game, as per, and folk on here and giving him an 8.5! *********** hell.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  15. #15  
    MoMoMoMoMoMoMo is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    12,684
    Quote Originally Posted by -Bodie- View Post
    We've had a 7, 7.5 and a 8.5 for Wijnaldum!

    My god.

    Do we enjoy mediocrity around here or what?

    Maybe i was being slightly harsh rating him lower than Ox, who was horrendous but anything above for 5.5 for Gini is laughable.

    He was useless for 99.9999% of the game, as per, and folk on here and giving him an 8.5! *********** hell.
    No he wasn't he was the only decent midfielder in the first half. Everyone else kept giving it away.

    You do realise some will just rate on this game? a 7.5 in this game will be different for a 7.5 in another.

    He must have done something right anyway as he had highest rating of our midfielders on stat sites.

    Must have done a lot in that 0.1% when he wasn't useless in your eyes.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  16. #16  
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    13,397
    Quote Originally Posted by -Bodie- View Post
    We've had a 7, 7.5 and a 8.5 for Wijnaldum!

    My god.

    Do we enjoy mediocrity around here or what?

    Maybe i was being slightly harsh rating him lower than Ox, who was horrendous but anything above for 5.5 for Gini is laughable.

    He was useless for 99.9999% of the game, as per, and folk on here and giving him an 8.5! *********** hell.
    you are unfair, mate,

    he was simply "ball in bank" for the whole game, he ran as a terrier, kept the ball under pressure and lay it off to the better placed teammate,

    he miscued a couple of long range shots, but his performance was in my opinion one the secrets of our today victory, alongside a rocky Emre Can,

    but we don't discover today how the german can be such a precious midfield enforcer as he turns up at the day,
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  17. #17  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,991
    Quote Originally Posted by MoMoMoMoMoMoMo View Post
    No he wasn't he was the only decent midfielder in the first half. Everyone else kept giving it away.

    You do realise some will just rate on this game? a 7.5 in this game will be different for a 7.5 in another.

    He must have done something right anyway as he had highest rating of our midfielders on stat sites.

    Must have done a lot in that 0.1% when he wasn't useless in your eyes.
    It's easy not giving away when all you do is turn back and pass it back to the defender to you got it off.

    Another useless, mid table at best midfielder who should be nowhere near a club like this.

    In my opinion anyway.

    Seems like most of you lot disagree, ''oh he's fine, doesn't give the ball away, does a job, etc''

    The mentality which has seen us win **** all for donkeys.

    Like i said, this place is full of people like you who have accepted mediocrity and are happy with it.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  18. #18  
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,965
    Quote Originally Posted by -Bodie- View Post
    We've had a 7, 7.5 and a 8.5 for Wijnaldum!

    My god.

    Do we enjoy mediocrity around here or what?

    Maybe i was being slightly harsh rating him lower than Ox, who was horrendous but anything above for 5.5 for Gini is laughable.

    He was useless for 99.9999% of the game, as per, and folk on here and giving him an 8.5! *********** hell.
    Until you stop with the excessive overreactions , like Lallana “millions” or Cruyff turns or Gininbeing useless “99.9999%” of the game . Nobody will take you serious.

    Why don’t you try and offer some genuine analysis as opposed to sensationalist trolling
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  19. #19  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,991
    Quote Originally Posted by tracetherain View Post
    Until you stop with the excessive overreactions , like Lallana “millions” or Cruyff turns or Gininbeing useless “99.9999%” of the game . Nobody will take you serious.

    Why don’t you try and offer some genuine analysis as opposed to sensationalist trolling


    Did i ask for your opinion on my posting?
    Last edited by bilsland; 11-2-18 at 23:01. Reason: Edited for unacceptable comment
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  20. #20  
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,965
    .....
    Last edited by bilsland; 11-2-18 at 23:02. Reason: Deleted edited quote. Don’t retaliate ,report.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  21. #21  
    MoMoMoMoMoMoMo is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    12,684
    Quote Originally Posted by -Bodie- View Post
    It's easy not giving away when all you do is turn back and pass it back to the defender to you got it off.

    Another useless, mid table at best midfielder who should be nowhere near a club like this.

    In my opinion anyway.

    Seems like most of you lot disagree, ''oh he's fine, doesn't give the ball away, does a job, etc''

    The mentality which has seen us win **** all for donkeys.

    .
    Yes today he did his job fine, doesn't mean he has been great for the whole season, I'm rating him on todays match not the season, if I was I would put him below the other players.

    He passed it backwards a similar % to Can today, it means jack all, he also in the first half hardly gave the ball away unlike the other two CM's which means something.
    Last edited by bilsland; 11-2-18 at 23:04. Reason: Unacceptable comment edited
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  22. #22  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,991
    Quote Originally Posted by MoMoMoMoMoMoMo View Post
    Yes today he did his job fine, doesn't mean he has been great for the whole season, I'm rating him on todays match not the season, if I was I would put him below the other players.

    He passed it backwards a similar % to Can today, it means jack all, he also in the first half hardly gave the ball away unlike the other two CM's which means something.
    The other two CM's were actually trying to play football though, which increases the risk of losing the ball.

    If everyone played like Gini they'd all be great at not losing the ball.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  23. #23  
    MoMoMoMoMoMoMo is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    12,684
    Quote Originally Posted by -Bodie- View Post
    The other two CM's were actually trying to play football though, which increases the risk of losing the ball.

    If everyone played like Gini they'd all be great at not losing the ball.
    He did play football and was our best CM in the first half, wasn't as good in the second half and Can really picked up in the second half after a poor first half.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  24. #24  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,991
    Quote Originally Posted by MoMoMoMoMoMoMo View Post
    He did play football and was our best CM in the first half, wasn't as good in the second half and Can really picked up in the second half after a poor first half.
    My version and your version of ''playing football'' is slightly different then
    Last edited by bilsland; 11-2-18 at 23:06. Reason: Patronising
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  25. #25  
    MoMoMoMoMoMoMo is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    12,684
    Quote Originally Posted by -Bodie- View Post
    My version and your version of ''playing football'' is slightly different then lad.
    So you are happy with players giving the ball away because they are trying? Don't you think that puts us under a lot of pressure like it did in the first half today? you must have seen this if you watched the game. Can and Ox giving it away led to a number of Saints attacks in the first half.
    Gini was the only one who was calm on the ball, didn't give it away and did actually play unlike you think. I think it was pretty clear to see to be honest.
    Second half Can really improved and was good, Ox didn't and was rightly subbed.

    None of this means I think Gini has been good this season, he hasn't he has been poor.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  26. #26  
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    9,991
    Quote Originally Posted by MoMoMoMoMoMoMo View Post
    So you are happy with players giving the ball away because they are trying? Don't you think that puts us under a lot of pressure like it did in the first half today? you must have seen this if you watched the game. Can and Ox giving it away led to a number of Saints attacks in the first half.
    Gini was the only one who was calm on the ball, didn't give it away and did actually play unlike you think. I think it was pretty clear to see to be honest.
    Second half Can really improved and was good, Ox didn't and was rightly subbed.

    None of this means I think Gini has been good this season, he hasn't he has been poor.
    Yes, i would rather our midfielders give the ball away whilst trying to create something rather than just take it off the defender and then just pass it back to the defender or sideways to a full back.

    One hundred percent.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  27. #27  
    MoMoMoMoMoMoMo is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    12,684
    Quote Originally Posted by -Bodie- View Post
    Yes, i would rather our midfielders give the ball away whilst trying to create something rather than just take it off the defender and then just pass it back to the defender or sideways to a full back.

    One hundred percent.
    But he didn't just do that today.

    Gini played 5 passes in the our defensive areas today.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  28. #28  
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    13,397
    this is the first very good performance Gini Wjinaldum has delivered away from home so far this campaign,

    but let's be honest, let's give Caesar what belongs to Caesar,

    if some of you mates endorse the opinion that Gini should be cut of our ranks next summer,

    probably you'd better not watching football and spare your time for other activities, or become detractors of other footballers,

    Gini is still actually one of our better options for our attacking midfield role, and still think next season he will fill an important role in our ranks

    although I suppose Naby Keitŕ arrival will likely take him off some game time,

    but I'm more than sure he will stick with his contract and still serve our club next campaign,

    still a precious option in our midfield, despite the few ups and the many downs he had thus far this season,

    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  29. #29  
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    13,397
    Quote Originally Posted by MoMoMoMoMoMoMo View Post
    But he didn't just do that today.

    Gini played 5 passes in the our defensive areas today.
    Gini was an excellent passer of the ball today from midfield further up top,

    he was not as much as good in firing at goal from the middle long distance the couple of times he tried it,

    stop,
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

  30. #30  
    MoMoMoMoMoMoMo is online now Academy prospect
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    12,684
    Quote Originally Posted by -Bodie- View Post
    Yes, i would rather our midfielders give the ball away whilst trying to create something rather than just take it off the defender and then just pass it back to the defender or sideways to a full back.

    One hundred percent.
    I don't believe that anyway, say if we swapped Gini out of the game today for another midfielder who tried but kept giving it away we would of had three players trying but giving the ball away in the first half. Can't believe anyone would think that was a good thing.

    Been said loads of times we need to calm things down at times, try and control the game a bit, put your foot on the ball, play simple passes, don't lose the ball etc. We had that today but it seems it would of been better to try something and give it away in your eyes.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   



Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •