Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Porto vs Liverpool Champions League 2nd round first leg 14th Feb 2018 7.45 p.m.

Midfield needs to play well
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Clyney has resumed training with the group, but won't be certainly available for tomorrow night Do Dragao run out,

Joe Gomez has to be seen tomorrow morning whether could be an option for the game, but he's feeling fine and is training with our bunch of lads,

the same for Raggy Klavan, who could advance himself as a bench option, or even not to rule out being a starter,

he's fine, and Mr Klopp will make his proper assessment tomorrow morning,

the rest of our crop of footballers is ready and raring to go,

according to this evening JK pre Porto game press conference,

cheers,

Mersey Dudek is online now Academy prospect
    I think Milner will start.

Quote Originally Posted by Mersey Dudek View Post
    I think Milner will start.
    I think it me too,

hopefully he'll play a dynamic rocky display as a middle right, either in the defensive or offensive phases,

we need him help Hendo breaking up the play in the center of the field and revive our counter attacks with his good passing range,

I don't know much about this Porto team but traditionally Porto are very strong at home and tend to fold on their travels.

So a good result tomorrow is key to going through. A win or a score draw.

I think its a game where we'll need running power so I think he'll go with Ox, Gini and Henderson.

Quote Originally Posted by SerRenely View Post
    Midfield needs to play well
    This 100%.

This was exactly what I was coming into this thread to write. If the midfield have a good game we should be ok.

I'd love an away win and a clean sheet but more importantly an away goal, to be honest I'd happily take a score draw if it was offered.

Larissa Karius is online now First team regular
    This will be a real tough test for us. FC Porto, on their own patch, are a tough opposition. I'd go...

Karius

Arnold - Lovren - Virgil - Robertson

Wijnaldum - Hendo - Chamberlain

Salah - Firmino - Mane

Quote Originally Posted by 77red96 View Post
    This 100%.

This was exactly what I was coming into this thread to write. If the midfield have a good game we should be ok.

I'd love an away win and a clean sheet but more importantly an away goal, to be honest I'd happily take a score draw if it was offered.
    agree, I guess the game will be eventually won in midfield whether we will live up to the physical battle the home side will likely pose us in that department,

I'm confident also that we'll win the game if we manage to move the ball from our half of the pitch to our attacking third as quick as we can and with the most accurate link up play

at the top end of the field, the quality of our passes filtering from our midfield to our attacking trio will be crucial in that sense,

let's spark the light of Momo, Sadio, and Bobby, and sweep them home a couple of goals and bring back to England a positive result won't be an impossible feat,

I fancy a narrow win or a high score draw to put us on the driving seat in sight of the return leg,

C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!!

Last edited by rosso76; 13-2-18 at 23:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Larissa Karius View Post
    This will be a real tough test for us. FC Porto, on their own patch, are a tough opposition. I'd go...

Karius

Arnold - Lovren - Virgil - Robertson

Wijnaldum - Hendo - Chamberlain

Salah - Firmino - Mane
    stand Gomez, Matip and Millie in for TAA, Dejan and AOC, and our team will deliver a proper job!

Can I just say after watching Man City this morning, how ruddy good is Gundogan? The guy is so silky!

Got my Beinsports 2wk trial up and running in time for the reds tomorrow! Salah with the opener

This is a potential banana skin. Need to be very careful in defence and not underestimate them in any way.

How do Porto line up? 4-3-3? Anyone?

Marega v Robertson: “I also think Porto will have identified a possible mismatch between Liverpool’s Andy Robertson and their right-sided attacker Moussa Marega. With 16 league goals in 20 games, Marega is in red-hot form and he is an incredibly powerful player: his sheer strength may cause Robertson problems and I expect to see Porto try and isolate the Scottish defender for one-on-one situations.

Portuguese football expert talking to the echo

Quote Originally Posted by Can't defend View Post
    Marega v Robertson: “I also think Porto will have identified a possible mismatch between Liverpool’s Andy Robertson and their right-sided attacker Moussa Marega. With 16 league goals in 20 games, Marega is in red-hot form and he is an incredibly powerful player: his sheer strength may cause Robertson problems and I expect to see Porto try and isolate the Scottish defender for one-on-one situations.

Portuguese football expert talking to the echo
    "Marega" in Hindi means "He'll Die". Robbo will Kill Him tonight.
    Last edited by Indian-Red; 14-2-18 at 08:23.

Of course a win would be perfect but we must be looking to score at least 1 this evening. Any result that gives us a good chance in Anfield will be a great result tonight.
    Come on Redmen

Can't wait for this evening. Hopefully we can follow suit of the other English clubs last night who both did well.

I have a feeling that Porto are in for a shock. Infact I am feeling that we will pleasantly surprise ourselves with a big win tonight, putting this tie to bed in Portugal itself. You heard it here first.

I am surprisingly confident for tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Indian-Red View Post
    I have a feeling that Porto are in for a shock. Infact I am feeling that we will pleasantly surprise ourselves with a big win tonight, putting this tie to bed in Portugal itself. You heard it here first.

I have this bubbling feeling I sometimes get before big games. I think you're right. Can't wait.

porto won't have played against a team as good as us , its up to us to show that, i think they will struggle with our front 3 , midfield will be interesting
    Eagle Face Moron

I was only 14 the last time we witnessed knockout stage champions league for Liverpool. Of course we’ve had Europa in between including that night against Dortmund that I’ll never forget, but nothing beats the real thing. Can’t wait, we’re back in the big time. All I ask is we don’t underestimate Porto and give it everything.

I don't thing we will be complacent. I would only say we are slightly better then them we are certainly not clear favourites.

+sixfiveRED is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Indian-Red View Post

Naise.
    Formerly known as PlusSixFiveRed.

Very very excited!

I hope we will take the heavy metal approach to this game - Felipe their key center back is suspended and it looks like their most dangerous striker Aboubakar is out injured.
    I think if we just sit back and try to cruise home a draw that we will be punished and it doesnt suit our style of play. We need to play our own game.

I hope we will start the following 11:

Karius

Arnold - Matip - Virgil - Robertson

Milner - Hendo - Lallana

Salah - Firmino - Mane

I have a good feeling about the game and see us scoring at least 2...

Quote Originally Posted by Megali-Idea View Post
    You're right, we should go into the game thinking we have no chance. In fact, we shouldn't even bother showing up.
    Hi Brodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Thespian View Post
    So they are quick and quite similar to ourselves except for a few major and important differences....

They don't have Salah, Firmino or Mane.
    And they didn't sell Coutinhooooo

really looking forward to tonight big appointment,

so excited and worried at the same time,

european games hide unpredictable events around the corner,

and despite this being a tie played on two legs, I'm agree with those of you who state this is potential banana skin,

it's true, on the paper we are slightly favourite, Porto have to cope with a couple of crucial assets miss,

we possess one of the most fearsome offensive trio in Europe,

but it's even true we never won on their turf, we often have struggled with the power, the pace and skillset of the portuguese outfits in the past,

our defence are not watertight, and even arise some flaws in the defensive phase down the side,

so let's be focused and prudent in our approach, acknowledging the fact that we can always pull off something good with our strikeforce even when we are

on the back foot,

don't expect we will control the game this evening, I just expect that some favourable episodes will turn up on our behalf as likely other negatives will turn on us,

fancy a narrow win or a high score draw to give us a slight edge in sight of the return leg,

but I anyway foresee the qualification to the next round of this competition will be played on two games,

the verdict won't be likely ruled this evening,

please lads, play as all of us know you can,

great intensity, great pace, quality on the break, awareness at the back, ruthlessness at the top end of the field, and .... ehm a bold awareness of the fact

that we are called Liverpool Football club and we won the european cup five times,

time to get back to dictate our bragging rights on european football,

good luck boys, give it all as usual and do your proper job!

C'MON YOU MIGHTY REDS!!

Last edited by rosso76; 14-2-18 at 11:39.

mcdiggerman is offline Academy prospect
    A draw would be lovely

To be honest I can't see us not scoring tonight...in all european away games this season we've looked like scoring everytime we got into the oppo's half

Quote Originally Posted by mcdiggerman View Post
    A draw would be lovely

To be honest I can't see us not scoring tonight...in all european away games this season we've looked like scoring everytime we got into the oppo's half
    agree, in that sense plenty to be optimistic about this evening,

I won't lie

I'm nervous.