Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Piotr Zielinski

1. #1 Default Piotr Zielinski 
    Remember him? Big push of course to sign him apparently at the start of last season. He went to Napoli instead. Watched a bit of him this season and saw the Napoli/Lazio game the other day. Boy he was good. Turning into an excellent player. Three outstanding young midfielders I have seen this season in Europe: Zielinski, Max Meyer and Milinkovic-Savic. Any one else have thoughts on him out of interest?
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Klopphopper View Post
    Remember him? Big push of course to sign him apparently at the start of last season. He went to Napoli instead. Watched a bit of him this season and saw the Napoli/Lazio game the other day. Boy he was good. Turning into an excellent player. Three outstanding young midfielders I have seen this season in Europe: Zielinski, Max Meyer and Milinkovic-Savic. Any one else have thoughts on him out of interest?
    Was he instead of Wilnaldum

Quote Originally Posted by raf_the_laf View Post
    Was he instead of Wilnaldum
    Yep pretty much.

Mersey Dudek is online now Academy prospect
    Haven't seen much of Zielinksi but that Savic fella looks great. Would love us to go for him.

Never understood what went on there.

We wouldn't go as high as £16m for him but were happy to pay £25m for Gini as an alternative.

good player, but if i wanted one player in italy it's got to be milinkovic-savic , complete player
    Eagle Face Moron

Quote Originally Posted by Mersey Dudek View Post
    Haven't seen much of Zielinksi but that Savic fella looks great. Would love us to go for him.
    Mate you are spot on. He is the goods. Out of all the players for next season he would be the one I would want the most. Unfortunately I read he is a United fan! Serbia my dark horse to have a good World Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Bauer-LFC View Post

We wouldn't go as high as £16m for him but were happy to pay £25m for Gini as an alternative.
    Yep strange one.

Mate you are spot on. He is the goods. Out of all the players for next season he would be the one I would want the most. Unfortunately I read he is a United fan! Serbia my dark horse to have a good World Cup.
    Ah balls. Ah well, I'm sure we'd have a good chance if they didn't come in for him.

I think he'll cost a fortune though and I don't see us spending that on another midfielder unfortunately.

Yep pretty much.
    Well most will say that we need to improve in that area, so if he's good at breaking play, fast, powerful, and can chip in with goals and assists then great. Although, I've never seen him play. (Not talking about Wilnaldum )

Ah balls. Ah well, I'm sure we'd have a good chance if they didn't come in for him.

I think he'll cost a fortune though and I don't see us spending that on another midfielder unfortunately.
    Really? I thought it was blatant

Larissa Karius is online now First team regular
    Piotr Zielinski would have been a brilliant signing. I recall watching a lot of him for Empoli when we were linked and his partnership with Leandro Paredes was one of the best in Serie A that season.

We ended up missing out on him as Udinese were hellbent on him joining Napoli - perhaps due to the two owners of the club being best friends and making sure the deal happened. Zielinski himself wanted to move to Liverpool at the time and rejected moves to AC Milan and Napoli but then had to succumb to join the latter club as AC Milan pulled out of the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Larissa Karius View Post
    Piotr Zielinski would have been a brilliant signing. I recall watching a lot of him for Empoli when we were linked and his partnership with Leandro Paredes was one of the best in Serie A that season.

We ended up missing out on him as Udinese were hellbent on him joining Napoli - perhaps due to the two owners of the club being best friends and making sure the deal happened. Zielinski himself wanted to move to Liverpool at the time and rejected moves to AC Milan and Napoli but then had to succumb to join the latter club as AC Milan pulled out of the race.
    Did we ever actually raise our initial bid to the £13m or so he ended up joining Napoli for though?

He was an excellent player then, and has done really well since joining Napoli too. Itís pretty sad that we went off and bought Gini for twice as much instead.

Quote Originally Posted by raf_the_laf View Post
    Really? I thought it was blatant
    We're already spending money on Keita and then we'll probably go for another attacker. If we get someone like Phil, who can do both a midfield role and a wide forward role then happy days.

But we may just get another out and out wide forward like Pulisic.

Other than that, I don't see us signing another midfielder as it would mean we'd probably have to sell one and I don't see Klopp selling any of them this summer.

Thankfully we missed out on him.

Had we signed him we wouldn't be able to witness solid, good performances like Gini's yesterday!

I bet this lad does crappy stuff like pass the ball forward and isn't terrified of the ball? Disgusting.

I like my midfielders to do the simple stuff, ie take the ball off the defender(when not possible to hide behind an opposition player to make oneself unavailable for a pass), have space to turn with it but refuse, and pass the ball crisply back to said defender or to one of our full backs. Sometimes, only sometimes though play risky, exquisite, through balls aimed to perfection back to our own goalkeeper. Some quality midfield play that. Bet this Zoolander fella isn't any good at that.

I would go for Savic out of those 3. I haven't seen any concrete links to clubs that might beat us to his signature, so still hopeful our scouts can look his way.

If we put the £25m we paid for Gini in front of him, they'd have sold to us.

CrawleyRed is offline The Jolly Green Giant's big brother

Yeah that was annoying. Basically tried to charge us twice as much as Napoli, which I think is why we pulled out. On principle rather than because it was too expensive.

Would have him now but think Napoli would charge significantly more again. Same with Milinkovic-Savic, but he will be an absolute superstar, so not sure I'd be bothered overpaying for him.

Larissa Karius is online now First team regular
    If we put the £25m we paid for Gini in front of him, they'd have sold to us.
    No doubt about it.

It’s another baffling decision, anyway when i have watched him I was impressed, certainly less transparent in games than Gini and more end product

shody1976 is online now First team regular
    Heís alright.

Is he similar to Keita in any way? They both seem like they are good in tight spaces and can carry the ball up the pitch. Iíve only seen bits of Zielinski, in truth.
    YNWA

He were never a viable option- the buyer and seller were poles apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Hue View Post
    He were never a viable option- the buyer and seller were poles apart.
    I see what you did there.

I don't like him tbh. Slow and weak from what I've seen. Id rather keep big Emre than have Savic aswell.

MoMoMoMoMoMoMo is online now Academy prospect

Nothing to do with that, Udinese for some reason just wanted him to join Napoli.

Heís gonna be wanted by all of Europe this season. £100 mill plus.

He's in the past.

He's an excellent footballer and he's not even in their first XI

Quote Originally Posted by Lukadamainman View Post
    I don't like him tbh. Slow and weak from what I've seen. Id rather keep big Emre than have Savic aswell.

Milinkovic-Savic will be the best midfielder in Europe in another year or two. I'd gladly swap "1 in 5" Emre for Savic any day.