Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wil anyone speak up about Kane's diving?

1. #1 Default Wil anyone speak up about Kane's diving? 
    He's a good player but he honestly dives way worse than Ronaldo, Suarez, etc. I think he's a disgrace and gets away with it. Did it again against Juve. "I felt contact so I went down"-Imagine how this would go down in an age without these floppers...
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

He is England's golden boy shhh he would never do a thing like that.

He’s a disgrace. He’s been doing it since day one.

Snippes is online now First team regular
    I know every team has its divers from time to time but this is getting absurd. This team is ridiculous...the only thing I notice Lamela doing on a football pitch is him looking for diving opportunities every chance he gets. And they appear to have perfected not just falling over to phantom contact, they are experts at invading the defender’s personal space where they just give the defender no choice but to force the contact. It’s what Lamela did to Virgil and it’s what Kane did in Turin in the first half.

It’s one thing anticipating contact and going down easily....I’ve seen players do the leaving the leg hanging over the diving keeper, this is flat out placing your foot where you know the defender must come down on and coning the referee. These officials need to wise up fast and nip this nonsense.

Not brave old lionhearted 'Arry.

I’m surprised he stayed on his feet for his goal to be honest. I was convinced the hurricane generated by Buffon running of his line was going to violently blow him over.

Bring in citing for diving. Two game ban. A yellow card isn't enough.

lonewolf kal is online now Boot Room insider
    Quote Originally Posted by ToTaLxTc View Post
    I’m surprised he stayed on his feet for his goal to be honest. I was convinced the hurricane generated by Buffon running of his line was going to violently blow him over.
    nah, that only happened to drogba

Most players dive now including ours (see Lallana recently), it's awful to watch but it's just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Can't defend View Post
    He is England's golden boy shhh he would never do a thing like that.
    My sentiments exactly on his golden boy status.

Spurs are the golden team, they can do no wrong.

Roll back two years ago when spurs played chelsea at Stamford Bridge and they lost the plot. Can you imagine if it was Mourinho’s men that lost it and started attacking everyone? The media would have lost it.

When Kane and Alli should have been given 3 match bans for their horrific challenges against City, nothing happened.

Alli is one of the dirtiest, diving ***** around, hardly gets called out for it.

Kane will never get called out for diving. England’s golden boy. You can bet your bottom dollar if that was Suarez he’d be getting a ban in this new system.

**** spurs.

He dives as often as the average striker, he just stands out because he is English and hence “he is not meant to do that”.

spider-neil is online now Academy prospect
    Meh. Literally, in the last game, Firmino went down far too easily in the box with minimal contact. That's what footballers do, you just have to get on with it and hope refs aren't conned.

its "clever" he isn't diving, its just extremely "clever".
    Eagle Face Moron

Quote Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
    Meh. Literally, in the last game, Firmino went down far too easily in the box with minimal contact. That's what footballers do, you just have to get on with it and hope refs aren't conned.
    Until they address the whole ‘contact = penalty’ crap, players will always go down. Yes, Firmino did it Sunday in search of a penalty - didn’t get it. Lallana did it - got it. And we’ve been victims many times too this season which have cost us points. Its the definition of a penalty that needs to be revised.

Quote Originally Posted by QuatreVingt16 View Post
    Until they address the whole ‘contact = penalty’ crap, players will always go down. Yes, Firmino did it Sunday in search of a penalty - didn’t get it. Lallana did it - got it. And we’ve been victims many times too this season which have cost us points. Its the definition of a penalty that needs to be revised.
    hand on and being pulled back is a tad more than contact. i do agree it needs to be looked at though as the turbulence of a passing butterfly should not be enough contact for anyone to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf kal View Post
    hand on and being pulled back is a tad more than contact. i do agree it needs to be looked at though as the turbulence of a passing butterfly should not be enough contact for anyone to go down.
    It should be a physical game and so if the hand on and pull are sufficient to impede the player then let him ‘call a mark’ and let it be viewed by TMO. Effectively he is doing just that by collapsing on the field. But there would need to be a clear and obvious pull of the shirt. Its this word ‘contact’ that I’m starting to detest. Simple contact shouldn’t justify a penalty, shouldn’t cause a player to loose his standing with arms and both feet going airborne. It looks pathetic and is ruining the game.

Yeah, as others have said in the thread, the way the rules are interpreted now basically mean you wouldn't be doing your job if you didn't hurl yourself to the floor the second you felt contact in the box.

Refs regularly give penalties for an arm or hand on the shoulder or back - if that's a foul then you can't really blame the forwards for making sure the ref sees it.

I think there's an issue in the game with how big the punishment is for a tiny error in the box. Van Dijk on Lamela is the perfect example - he's done virtually nothing wrong and even tried to pull out of the clearance once he sees what's happening, but because he brushes the player's calf Spurs get a penalty and we drop two points.

When you consider how hard it is to score a goal, it seems disproportionate that you can get a penalty just for a tiny coming together in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyMc9 View Post
    its "clever" he isn't diving, its just extremely "clever".
    They're just clever tricks according to Poachettino nothing whatsoever to do with cheating
    did I just say the C word

spider-neil is online now Academy prospect
    It should be a physical game and so if the hand on and pull are sufficient to impede the player then let him ‘call a mark’ and let it be viewed by TMO. Effectively he is doing just that by collapsing on the field. But there would need to be a clear and obvious pull of the shirt. Its this word ‘contact’ that I’m starting to detest. Simple contact shouldn’t justify a penalty, shouldn’t cause a player to loose his standing with arms and both feet going airborne. It looks pathetic and is ruining the game.
    Brushed under the carpet but Firmino flinging himself to the floor was pathetic so it a bit rich that we're moaning at other teams players doing the exact same ****.

Brushed under the carpet but Firmino flinging himself to the floor was pathetic so it a bit rich that we're moaning at other teams players doing the exact same ****.
    I agree, lallana too in the Cup - neither were pens imo. Nor many of penalties that we’ve conceded either.

my problem isn't the diving tbh, it's the biased reaction to it.

suarez, drogba, costa etc all got terrible criticism for it , i don't see that with kane, totally biased because he'd going to lead engalnd to victory over panama and then get knocked out in the last 16
    Eagle Face Moron

i agree with ya. i think its lazy by pundits etc to say it evens out, it doesn't. so far we have lost around 6-8 points due to cheating that has resulted in pens against us.

Quote Originally Posted by charmac View Post
    They're just clever tricks according to Poachettino nothing whatsoever to do with cheating
    did I just say the C word
    well, he is from argentina

Mersey Dudek is online now Academy prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by wavdeep View Post
    Yeah, as others have said in the thread, the way the rules are interpreted now basically mean you wouldn't be doing your job if you didn't hurl yourself to the floor the second you felt contact in the box.

Refs regularly give penalties for an arm or hand on the shoulder or back - if that's a foul then you can't really blame the forwards for making sure the ref sees it.

I think there's an issue in the game with how big the punishment is for a tiny error in the box. Van Dijk on Lamela is the perfect example - he's done virtually nothing wrong and even tried to pull out of the clearance once he sees what's happening, but because he brushes the player's calf Spurs get a penalty and we drop two points.

When you consider how hard it is to score a goal, it seems disproportionate that you can get a penalty just for a tiny coming together in the box.
    Yep, agree. I think there's far too much acceptance in the game for flinging yourself to the floor after contact.

Even when it goes to ex refs in the studio or pundits, most of them say it's the right decision.

Football is losing a lot of respect for me anyway now.

I wish he was diving for us!

Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleSulk View Post
    Bring in citing for diving. Two game ban. A yellow card isn't enough.
    And a straight red if inside the box.

Comes from the manager. Just like Mourinho teams always dive.

mcdiggerman is online now Academy prospect
    Sturridge was / is exactly the same to be fair...

I do agree with retrospective bans - simplest way to at least tackle some of the issues and some (Alli at ours) are completely 100% proveable

My sentiments exactly on his golden boy status.
    don't worry, the World Cup is in a few months so the press will turn on him pretty fast.