Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 149 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Confidence

Quote Originally Posted by bilsland View Post
    Nice post domzalez and welcome to our merry band of men(and women).

Well from what Stevie G is saying in the papers today, the dressing room is full of confidence, so much so that even on legs that had run out of steam on Tuesday night the lads could keep going (with the help of great goal-keeping) and secure the win.We have enough in the team now that if we go behind we still believe we can win, so those two old friends that have been missing in action in the past are good and strong.

Stoke is indeed important. Apart from the fact that I'm going to the game and want to see a good show, it is vital that we take advantage of whatever the result is at Stamford Bridge.
    A draw would be good but failing that I feel I would prefer to be fighting it out with Chelsea at the end of the season than UTD.
    Stoke will be no pushover, they have a player that does throw-ins that are as good as corners and they will fight for a result. If we don't get on top of them from KO it will be very hard, but we have the players now to unlock defences in Keane, Riera and Torres, not to mention a player called Babel who if he is brought on as a substitute can wreak havoc to tired legs.
    I'm not into predictions...I always get them wrong and feel it is a bit like tempting fate, so all I will say is I'm confident we can win.

Who knows we might even see Alonso and Gerrard in midfield if Mascher needs a rest.....
    Cheers Bills, gerrard is being ohnest lately it seems with his reaction to the way we played at marseille so i will take his comments of confidence within the camp as true.

That to me is good news if he see's everyone around him full of confidence he will believe himself because at times i feel he lost that belief due to poor performances from others but this seems different and a possitive captain can only be a good thing for us.

I think what can really help us this year especially against the likes of stoke are the players we have braught in, Keane, Reira, Dossena all have good technical ability add to an Alonso who seems to be believing in himself again and we have technical ability that needs to be used against these sides.

Its why for arsenal can find these games easy their techical ability out shines the fight that these teams produce and thats what we have to look to do.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Good to see this thread back amongst the boards! Quality post Socs.

I am very confident about the current squad and the momentum that is building in the squad. I now genuinely feel we have the right 'possibilities' to adapt to any situation and be flexible enough to face all sorts of opposition.

For example, we face Stoke at the weekend, a team renowned for their physical approach and 'get it up them' style. To combat this myriad physical threat we can choose to employ Hyypia to deal with the amount of ball that will be in the air. Also, we can opt to use Agger for his ability to bring the ball out of defence and start attacks.

Whereas, last week facing we used Skrtel and Carragher to deal with Man United's more fluid attack. We have players with different characteristics which mean we can utilise to combat the different threats of the opposition.

I am really confident about Riera's impact at the club. We have already seen how he can stretch the play for us and create numerous opportunities in attack. His performance against Man U and his cameo against Marseille are testamanet to that. However, I also think that Riera being at the club is perhaps the added incentive Ryan Babel needs to push his game to further heights, and that can only be good news for us.

Babel is blooming in front of eyes and seems a lot more confident about his game this year already and this in turn means he is becoming more dangerous to the opposition. Babel is taking on defenders more often and has also improved the use of his left foot and we all know Babel has world class potential and if the early signs are anything to go by, then he could be a key player this year. he has already influenced 3 key games this year already: His cross for Kuyt's goal against Liege, winner against Man U and he won the penalty against Marseille.

We're unbeaten this season and it is obvious there is a lot of confidence in the squad at the moment. You can't come from behind in the games we have done if you don't have reserves of confidence and character, which this squad seems to have in abundance. We haven't even seen Messers Gerrard, Keane and Torres in full flow in the league yet, but we're already 2nd in the league and we've beaten Man U without our two best players. We haven't even played well this season with the exception being the win against Man U.

Confident? Extremely!

bilsland is offline LFC Forums Moderator
    Great post Letch...

This is really for Dave00....Check your e-mails Dave ASAP.

Socratease is offline LFC Forums Moderator
    Quality posts, especially from domzalez and Letchworth today!

Quote Originally Posted by Socratease View Post
    Thank you for the negative rep, RO, I hoped I could have expected better from you, young fella.
    Soc the answer is inside his head just look in there and you will see what i mean

Quote Originally Posted by Dave00 View Post
    Socs therein lies the problem with some of our fans these days,i choose the word fans deliberately as supporter would be the wrong word to describe some of these guys on here.These fans have no patience and are part of the microwave generation who do not have the patience to prepare and cook a satisfying meal,they only ever want the chicken"ding" solution.

People like RafaOut are entitled to their opinions even if they are wrong,i however am "CONFIDENT" that Rafael Benitez is the man to get us that no.19.

Y.N.W.A........
    Quality

Quality posts, especially from domzalez and Letchworth today!
    well thank you Soc

totally confident

i have always believed in the rafa revolution.

Dave...have you read your e-mails yet!

evening fellow confidantes, i'm off to the stoke game meself tomorrow morning (6.30am flight to birmingham )
    i'm confident of getting a good win, what would be great is if we can win by a big margin, chelsea beat the mankies 1-0 with lampard, deco and terry getting injured, also, the diving winker comming back in and then getting injured again
    plus, demento losing it on the sidelines and getting a 3 match ban.
    we go top above chelsea on goal difference and that will set us up nicely for the derby against the bitters
    hope to talk to you sunday evening compadres.

I remember, it wasn't that long ago, that when Houllier left I watched, with some trepidation, his fairwell conference. It was emotive, but dignified. I knew deep down, that the man who let the Reds out, could not get them back in. It was the one last gasp of the race!

The BIG question. Who is going to take on the mantle of THE Manager of Liverpool FC? We had O'Neill and Curbishley bandied around, amongst others. The vast majority of candidates debated and discussed on these boards where UK based. I watched with great interest these to-ings and fro-ings in the discussions with fascination.(It was a few of months of reading and watching before I made my first post as I ventured onto the internet for the first time in June 2004 last year. I still mess up with a lot of the Techy stuff! Heh,heh!)

I thought about, and I am sure many of us did, who can get us back on track to emulate or re-enact our glorious achievements and wipe the floor with (at that time) Old Toilet! Curious how things change, isn't it? A new challenger was rearing it's many tRoubled head. How do we challenge this?

It was becoming evident that to emulate or re-enact could be problematic as a fail safe strategy. History teaches us that previous exploits were dealt with in a certain way. History also teaches us that your potential adversary has also had access to the same stuff. Therein, lies the challenge.

So, evidently, the man we needed was a man who could think outside of the box. A man who could see all the details that make the tiniest differences, with the Focus on the field of contest, on the Pitch.

A man who knows what it takes to be challenged, a man who knows the potential thoughts, the potential tactics and the overall potential strategy of his adversary. With this one can strike back in many subtle ways.

What happens? WE GOT HIM!

Rafael Benitez.

The man, Rafael Benitez, is here at Liverpool FC for the Challenge! Not the paypacket, but to achieve! By example our players are seeing this, and some of them are having to re-assess what is important in life.

The passion of the heart, or the soliloquy of the mind?

Rafael Benitez has, despite a horrific casualty list to his squadron, adapted, without complaint, and achieved, with late recognition from the national press, a great deal with deprivation, as opposed to previously Maureen O and now Scolari having to deal with great largesse, from their do it or you are gone and we will buy somebody else culture of Roubles rule ok.

It makes you think doesn't it? Who has the best job in Football? I'd say Benitez!

Rafa knows what is needed to achieve. He gets closer every match as to what is needed on the field of contest. He isn't going to tell everyone.

We will see it on the Pitch soon enough!

Rafa Resolute.

It is good to see Rafael Benitez at the helm. He is definately exuding confidence, that is what we all want to see! The signings that Rafa has aquired are nothing to be sniffed at, though I am sure that many of our contesting opposition will.

So what is the future, what is to come? The possibilities are wide open to speculation.

The signings that we have achieved are encouraging. As Rafa alluded, these players will acclimatize sooner rather than later. He has picked them for their natural disposition and apptitude.

What we need to see is a Liverpool Team that soon gels on the pitch.

It is through confidence and belief, in releasing natural talent to enhance our Team on the field of competition, that Liverpool will advance - one game at a time.

Confidence is not wishful thinking, that is anticipation's job.

Confidence is the belief in one's capabilities.

Confidence is the belief in challenging all comers, with the belief to win!

It is as basic as that.

A lot of us studious followers need to look back to our younger days, and remember the initial 'angst'.

The next generation are discovering and learning anew, the history of this club is not exclusive but shared - as is the passion, from one generation to the next.

The search for knowledge about Liverpool FC, is here to be found.

The passion for LFC holds no bounds!

Confident?
    What a lot of text to say very little. Very pretty I'm sure but all seems like pretentious BS to me

Snippes is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by timchat View Post
    What a lot of text to say very little. Very pretty I'm sure but all seems like pretentious BS to me
    Aaah....missed this thread...been a while since I have been in here but nice to see this back. Because its been a while, am not sure how to take the above post. Am hoping I didn't chose today to come back to the one dumbarse post in the entire! God I hope not Hopefully I am misreading it....

Anyway....great start to the new season....actually its been a great little run we've put togethe since the last half of last season pretty much through now amassing the most points of any team in the league including the top 4. It shows we are headed in the right direction certainly.

Confidence is high, folks...Confidence is hiiigh...sooo high

Morning Snipes...unfortunately you didn't misread the post in question and given some responses to other threads of socs there appears to be a section of the community who through what can only be a lack of imagination are unable to respond to socs in an erudite manner....well thats their loss.

I'll be off the game later.
    Its a bright sunny day and have no doubt that my mood will match it on the walk back to the car after the game has finished. I make no mistake about Stoke's resolve and willingness to fight. It will be a hard game and our resolve will have to better theirs.
    Mascher has already identified Rory Delap as a threat and we will need to be careful at conceding throw-ins in dangerous areas.
    Looking forward to it.

and Snipes...don't leave it so long next time

Have a fantastic time Bils - and every fellow Red who can get to Anfield today!

Come On You Red Men!!!

koki-Reds17 is online now First team regular
    no more what's your story thread

Snippes is online now First team regular
    Morning Snipes...unfortunately you didn't misread the post in question and given some responses to other threads of socs there appears to be a section of the community who through what can only be a lack of imagination are unable to respond to socs in an erudite manner....well thats their loss.

I'll be off the game later.
    Its a bright sunny day and have no doubt that my mood will match it on the walk back to the car after the game has finished. I make no mistake about Stoke's resolve and willingness to fight. It will be a hard game and our resolve will have to better theirs.
    Mascher has already identified Rory Delap as a threat and we will need to be careful at conceding throw-ins in dangerous areas.
    Looking forward to it.

and Snipes...don't leave it so long next time
    Heya Bils....long time no talk...and yes, I have been terrible about coming here, I guess I just didn't see the thread when I was around lately. I hope my coming here today didn't bring bad luck because that game straight up drove me crazy I can't believe we couldn't break them down. I know we were always going to drop silly points at some point - all the other top four teams have. I wish it hadn't been today but alas, it was.....we can now only hope we learn from it and don't rely on more late arriving miracles too often. As frustrated as I am about the result, I am still very confident in this team. I think we are much better prepared this year to go head to head with the big boys...we are not going to fire blanks like that against the smaller boys so my confident remains very high.

Regarding that poster who made comments about Socs post....sigh, I thought this was a troll-free zone....why can't can't these people of limited thought just squirm their nonesense some place else?

Quote Originally Posted by koki-Reds17 View Post
    no more what's your story thread
    I'll see if I can get it back on, koki-Reds17.

such is life.
    unlucky not to win, at least we were very positive with our play.
    a bit of bad judgement there for the goal, had it of stood (which it should have) we could of scored some more, but, heads up, onto the next game.
    crewe next in the carling cup, lets go out there and give the railwaymen
    'a damn good thrashing'

At times today the great Chelsea played a very narrow game. Joe Cole put some woeful crosses in which we would have slated Kuyt or Arbeloa for doing, and for long periods they didn't look as if they had any answers against Utd.
    These facts won't make any headlines of course, They are on the way to winning their next title whereas we are only on the same points as them, having beaten the side they dropped 2 points to,and they also had problems breaking down a team that defended in numbers(just not for the whole match!

Its a funny old game.

Hi Shafty,
    I shall be at the Crewe game and there might be a chance the seat next to me will be on offer, anyone interested? Will know tomorrow for sure.

At times today the great Chelsea played a very narrow game. Joe Cole put some woeful crosses in which we would have slated Kuyt or Arbeloa for doing, and for long periods they didn't look as if they had any answers against Utd.
    These facts won't make any headlines of course, They are on the way to winning their next title whereas we are only on the same points as them, having beaten the side they dropped 2 points to,and they also had problems breaking down a team that defended in numbers(just not for the whole match!

Its a funny old game.

Hi Shafty,
    I shall be at the Crewe game and there might be a chance the seat next to me will be on offer, anyone interested? Will know tomorrow for sure.
    howdy bils,
    agree with your points about chelsea wholeheartedly.
    i would dearly love to go to the crewe game but its getting over and getting back, thats 2 days i'd have to take off (i'm holding out for the premiership celebrations neext may )
    the reason i'd love to be at the crewe match is i'd like to see the likes of spearing, pacheco and el zhar get a chance, and hopefully they will

Greetings one and all Was working yesterday so only caught the game later on via lfctv so missed our 'goal'. It sounded fast and furious and frustrating -as if we'd scored then there would have been a hatful. still no point in dwelling on it- please note all 'zingers'. Onwards and upwards- altho I'm pleased to see there isn't much more 'up' to be had when you look at the PL table so onwards it is.
    So onto Crewe with confidence.
    Have a good week

PS Bils - did my email about possible Anfield visits get thro- its playing up currently?

Hi Lark...I did indeed, but was waiting to hear how you got on about Wigan tickets as that game and the Hull game on 13th Dec are the only ones I can let you have the ticket for as the other 2 I'm working for and Himself will be taking someone else to those. Just let me know which game you want to go to out of those two .

Hi Bils i take it you got my reply ok.

sure did Dave...no probs, will let you know if more come up.

What gives confidence? What produces or for that matter procures it?

Belief in one's ability, a confirmation of technical skill by one's peers, a recognition of one's contribution to the Team effort, a recognition that the team works well due to one's intelligent contribution.

Rafael Benitez is an astute technician, but he is also a good man-manager. He knows how to get the best out of his people. Through this he is achieving the prospect of an archetypal strategist, worthy of Augustus. Rafa is an archetypal doyen in the long term use of tactics in achieving the holistically required results of a long term strategy.

This is the confidence for the long term, as well as this newly commenced and immediate season. What do you think?

Are we in it for the long run?!

What gives confidence? What produces or for that matter procures it?

Belief in one's ability, a confirmation of technical skill by one's peers, a recognition of one's contribution to the Team effort, a recognition that the team works well due to one's intelligent contribution.

Rafael Benitez is an astute technician, but he is also a good man-manager. He knows how to get the best out of his people. Through this he is achieving the prospect of an archetypal strategist, worthy of Augustus. Rafa is an archetypal doyen in the long term use of tactics in achieving the holistically required results of a long term strategy.

This is the confidence for the long term, as well as this newly commenced and immediate season. What do you think?

Are we in it for the long run?!

Too da*n right. GO You Reds! YNWA

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LARKSONG

Seeing as my thread on the subject has been swiftly moved to OT This is the only avenue left.(Gazza74 also has a birthday today but his thread is alive and kicking!)Hope you have a good day Lark and don't work too hard.

Well I have my yearly appraisal coming up and as per usual I am avoiding my portfolio like the plague. I have reflections galore to write up and have never felt less like doing anything in my life!The worst thing is that once mine is done I know I will have to get my own Staff appraisals done too....I just want to think and talk footy!

Happy birthday to Lark and Gazza!

'What gives confidence? What produces or for that matter procures it.....?

?

Thanks Bils and Socs. Have had a good day. Nice meal and just enjoying a browse thro these boards (can't find thread in OT tho!). Early start tomorrow.

PS Would be great to come to the Wigan game, Bils, thanks. Will check out the coach!

Lark, the ticket is yours Will be in touch nearer the game to arrange where and when to meet.

Well just biding my time until tonight. Am off to the game.
    As usual suspects unable for one reason or another unable to take up my spare ticket I'm taking along a 9 year old who's Mum can't afford to take him to Anfield. He's so excited, I can't wait to get him there and see how he is when he gets up those stairs.He doesn't care who is playing its still Liverpool! A view that is lost on some I feel
    Apart from Cavalieri I wouldn't even hazard a guess at the team sheet as it would be so far out as to be laughable!
    I intend to enjoy the game and I hope to see some goals but a 1-0 scoreline to us will do just fine.
    I'm glad to see that Rafa has made a statement regarding Agger, in view of the conjecture and mischief making in the press...carried on in these forums as well by fans who should know better!

Confident in our boys tonight....oh yes!