Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucas Bashing???

1. #1 Default Lucas Bashing??? 
    First of all the sheep in here were slating LUCAS, then the sheep started to back LUCAS because the sun shiners were getting upset!

Im confused which is it.

IMO Lucas came here Most Valuable player for Gremio in the Brazilian League and also with the tag of being the U20 captain.

All I ask, is can someone tell me a game in which you have seen lucas play and you that he has lived up to that tag.

Thank ask yourself, if he came through the youth and you knew nothing about him would you rate him. I think the answer is no.

Personally I like to use my eyes, and I dont think this boy is going to be a big liverpool player. Thats just my opinion - I wish the lad luck in the future and hope he proves me wrong. I'll give him his due, in one of the recent games he won a 50/50 ball and that was a first.

Discuss - Will LUCAS be a liverpool player of the future.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Discuss - Is anybody else getting sick of Lucas threads?

Quote Originally Posted by MasTerano20 View Post
    Discuss - Is anybody else getting sick of Lucas threads?
    why are you commenting if your sick, just dont entertain the thread if you dont like it, instead of coming in and being a smart xxxx

You had a thread on much the same thing yesterday so whats the point of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Redrafa View Post
    You had a thread on much the same thing yesterday so whats the point of this?
    Yesterday was about kuyt, babel and various youth matters. This is LUCAS specific and I'm keen for some substance to people in this forum, and the reasons for their opinions instead of the rolling bandwagon. Thats a fair one isnt it? Why dont we start with you red rafa - what are your thoughts on lucas?

Reminds me of Smicer who used run at an opposition player who had the ball as if he was going to knock him out of the ground but just slowed up in time for the player to pass it so that he didn't need to make the tackle. The nearest he came to making a tackle was a sneaky trip. Lucas seems to be a bit of a lightweight but only time will tell. He must be doing something right to be selected but a lot of it escapes me but I'll keep looking for it. You have to believe that the footy experts know what they are doing but I sometimes think 40.000 fans can't be wrong.

My thoughts are, he gets alot of unecessary stick.

He hasn't done anything oustanding but at the same time not alot wrong either. He's miles ahead in terms of ability, of the player you want him replaced with (Spearing) it's just not funny.

He is a good player, good enough for us? Time will tell.

And for the record, I'm not one of these sheep you refer too, my opinion has remained the same throughout.

he would walk into aresnal's side at the moment, fabregas out and all that.

OP is just angry that Lucas is miles better than his precious Spearing.

Quote Originally Posted by -Kriz- View Post
    OP is just angry that Lucas is miles better than his precious Spearing.
    KRIZ, the fact I rate spearing is just my opinion, and you have clearly stated that you don't or that you don't think he deserves a chance whilst Lucas is at the club. But spearing aside, why don't you just answer this question. Tell me what LUCAS has brought to Liverpool football club that you think is good enough to keep the youth and reserves where they are. Please the stage is yours? Tell me what it is that you are seeing? Please im struggling maybe you can convince me or even educate me.

please go

Quote Originally Posted by the-las View Post
    Tell me what LUCAS has brought to Liverpool football club that you think is good enough to keep the youth and reserves where they are. Please the stage is yours? Tell me what it is that you are seeing? Please im struggling maybe you can convince me or even educate me.
    He's brought lovely flowing locks.

and just for the record, he is not my spearing, he is your spearing also. If you consider yourself a supporter of the acadamy.

Quote Originally Posted by -Kriz- View Post
    He's brought lovely flowing locks.
    just as i thought no substance - thank you.

Paullfc1976 is offline LFC Hall of Fame Resident
    Get into the spirit of Christmas will ya and smile

Quote Originally Posted by Paullfc1976 View Post
    Get into the spirit of Christmas will ya and smile
    Im off to a Winter wonder land later mate - im right on it!

Stevie G rates him. So I rate him.

He's rectifying this by using Pantene Increased Volume Conditioner.

TheGhostOfDotTeeVeePast is offline LFC Hall of Fame Resident
    I quite like Lucas myself, but people are allowed to think he is a bad player without being accused of being sheep.

as long as nobody calls spearing scouse again, ill be happy

These threads bore me. Basically, it's two unmovable opinions on a player: You have one side thinking Lucas is the worst thing ever and is just hindering the progression of our "youth" (for some reason, Lucas isn't considered a youth player); The other side protests that whilst Lucas hasn't made the best of impacts, he's shown some decent promise and gets way more criticism than he deserves.

Opinion 2 also tends to profess that Spearing (youth flavour of the month with Insua - for some reason Spearing's as good as Insua despite Insua having WAY more exposure to the first team) isn't anywhere near as good as Lucas and the reason he's not getting in the team is because Lucas is better than he is whilst still being about as young (1 or 2 years in it).

Then there's the old "you're only judging him because they're from X" argument. People have more faith in Spearing because of his accent and judge Lucas because he was the captain of Brazil. The crucial difference being a scouse accent doesn't make you good at football, but being the captain of a very, very good footballing side DOES.

Overall, players who deserve a chance get it WHEN POSSIBLE (Playing youngsters in "must-win" games can often end in catastrophe) and players who don't deserve a chance (due to events on or off the pitch, or due to players ahead of them in the pecking order) don't get one. To think Benitez is stupid enough to not play a player for no good reason is frankly insulting to Benitez.

So, thread over?

Quote Originally Posted by Andyfagan View Post
    These threads bore me. Basically, it's two unmovable opinions on a player: You have one side thinking Lucas is the worst thing ever and is just hindering the progression of our "youth" (for some reason, Lucas isn't considered a youth player); The other side protests that whilst Lucas hasn't made the best of impacts, he's shown some decent promise and gets way more criticism than he deserves.

Opinion 2 also tends to profess that Spearing (youth flavour of the month with Insua - for some reason Spearing's as good as Insua despite Insua having WAY more exposure to the first team) isn't anywhere near as good as Lucas and the reason he's not getting in the team is because Lucas is better than he is whilst still being about as young (1 or 2 years in it).

Then there's the old "you're only judging him because they're from X" argument. People have more faith in Spearing because of his accent and judge Lucas because he was the captain of Brazil. The crucial difference being a scouse accent doesn't make you good at football, but being the captain of a very, very good footballing side DOES.

Overall, players who deserve a chance get it WHEN POSSIBLE (Playing youngsters in "must-win" games can often end in catastrophe) and players who don't deserve a chance (due to events on or off the pitch, or due to players ahead of them in the pecking order) don't get one. To think Benitez is stupid enough to not play a player for no good reason is frankly insulting to Benitez.

So, thread over?
    I beleive it is yes, well said.

Paullfc1976 is offline LFC Hall of Fame Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyfagan View Post

So, thread over?
    Thread
    Close
    Now

stano123 is offline Who you gonna call?
    not good enough and never will be IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by stano123 View Post
    not good enough and never will be IMO.
    agreed 100% lucas is not good enough, how rafa paid 6million for him i will never know.

IMO Lucas came here Most Valuable player for Gremio in the Brazilian League and also with the tag of being the U20 captain.

All I ask, is can someone tell me a game in which you have seen lucas play and you that he has lived up to that tag.
    gave you a list yesterday but will do it again today since its nearly christmas and that apparently means i have to be nice

vs Chelsea in February
    vs Everton in the 2-1 win where he came on for Gerrard
    vs Inter Milan both legs
    vs PSV

just picked the big games for you, theres more i can think of, but i think the importance of the games above speaks for itself.

you like spearing, i prefer lucas. difference is, i'm not sitting here claiming spearing has NEVER had a good game. i like spearing, but i think lucas is better.

oh and if lucas actually got to play in the role he played in at Gremio you might sit up and notice him a bit more, trouble is, theres a player at liverpool called Steven Gerrard, you might have heard of him? its pretty obvious to most people that right now that lucas will have to wait his turn because theres no way he will get picked over gerrard week in week out right now

Quote Originally Posted by Andy007 View Post
    Stevie G rates him. So I rate him.
    rates which one? lucas or spearing?

Anyways. If people moved away from this forum they would see that a lot of fans actually do rate Lucas. His abilities? well lets see:

Excellent 1-touch passing
    Great Passing range (how many balls over 10 yards did he miss against arsenal, answer = 0)
    Great movement and positioning
    Quick decision making
    Good in the tackle but reckless a lot of times. Gives away fouls on half of his challengers.
    However he wins more tackles per 90m than any of our midfield players, including mascherano.
    Has a good shot on him.

In short he has a lot of good abilities. He needs improving all the time and with his growing confidence he will start to impose himself on the games more.

People need to be wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by Paullfc1976 View Post
    Thread
    Close
    Now
    considering you've missed the point about the opinion you profess to know so much about shows your blinkered also sheep like view. It is not insulting to benitez to have an opinion, after all benitez also liked nunez, dossena, and vorinon - even the mighty benitez can sometimes make mistakes in judgement. So instead of goingon the judgement of others why don't you open your eyes, again a thread about Lucas has been hijacked at the expense of the boy spearing. And the underlying pain of this argument is the bitter non scousers who want to try and dress this up as a scouse crusade. Once again I'll spell it out because you are not listening, YOU ARE NOT AN AUTHORITY TO CLOSE THREADS WITH YOUR SUPERIOR FOOTBALLING KNOWLEDGE, THIS INCASE YOU HAVE FORGOTTEN IS A FOOTBALL FORUM, AND AS A PAYING MEMBER I AM WITHIN MY RIGHT EXPRESS "My" OPINION.

Snippes is online now First team regular
    Yesterday was about kuyt, babel and various youth matters. This is LUCAS specific and I'm keen for some substance to people in this forum, and the reasons for their opinions instead of the rolling bandwagon. Thats a fair one isnt it? Why dont we start with you red rafa - what are your thoughts on lucas?
    Yes, but your thread quickly disintegrated into a session of bashing Lucas and why Spearing is so much better than Lucas and should be playing ahead of him. So, what did you not cover there that you hope to cover in this one? Nothing appears to have changed...you still think Lucas is crap...you still think Spearing is a much better player than he is.....you are still wrong.

So what's the point???

I find it funny how you refer to people who were slating him as sheep...am assuming you put yourself in that category. Your problem appears to be that Lucas is not scouser and therefore he either needs to be world class and streets better than the local lads to warrant being at this club otherwise we need to get rid. Its tough to talk sense into people like you who take this position...so I won't even bother. I will just say....Lucas is a very good young player with lots of potential and highly regarded by very well respected football minds around the world. He will struggle occasionally because that's what young players do, especially in top top teams like Liverpool where their performances are measured compared to world class players like Steven Gerrard. Anderson at united has had his ups and downs as well yet many here rate him highly. Lucas showed on Sunday that he does have what it takes and given time - time some of you won't accord him because some of you don't understand that apprenticeship is not always a work or art EVERY time- he could be a very good player for Liverpool in the future, absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by torreselnino View Post
    rates which one? lucas or spearing?

Anyways. If people moved away from this forum they would see that a lot of fans actually do rate Lucas. His abilities? well lets see:

Excellent 1-touch passing
    Great Passing range (how many balls over 10 yards did he miss against arsenal, answer = 0)
    Great movement and positioning
    Quick decision making
    Good in the tackle but reckless a lot of times. Gives away fouls on half of his challengers.
    However he wins more tackles per 90m than any of our midfield players, including mascherano.
    Has a good shot on him.

In short he has a lot of good abilities. He needs improving all the time and with his growing confidence he will start to impose himself on the games more.

People need to be wake up.
    People can express there opinion, and you obviously are watching some games in your sleep.

Achually, getting back to the discussion and not abusing people for writing in these columns, I think Lucas can be a Liverpool player of the future and just needs more games to prove it. With Alonso, Mascherano, Gerrard and Plessis he's not gonna get many games to show you is he?