Notices
Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Madrid, CL, Home, 10/3 19:45 - Preview and in game thread

Quote Originally Posted by RedEvolutionClan View Post
    aggregate betting.
    My point being, do you know the odds on that particular outcome.

Betting 4-0 against Madrid with first goalscorer would be ****** huge. Cos its once in a lifetime beating a team like them at home 4-0. And I'll go on..........

Predicting exact goalscorers in that kind of combination would realistically be like winning the lottery. There are just 2 many outcomes that could go wrong with that bet.

Its almost like he had the sports almanac from Back to the future if he'd have predicted

Torres to score exactly 2, gerrard, and Dossena to score in a 4 nil win, against a calibre team like madrid.

I'll bet the bookies were stinge with the odds as well, cos it shouldve been over a million-1, cos its simply nigh on impossible to predict the way every goal will go in, including a plyer like Dossy in it as well who would have been about 100-1 to score in that game by itself lol.
    Last edited by Paulie2008; 10-3-09 at 23:36.
    Reply With Quote   Quick reply to this message   Report Post   

Quote Originally Posted by Fowi View Post
    I don't understand why people don't rate him. Apart from being rather ugly he's never played a poor game for us.
    ah! dont be knocking the boy's looks.he aint that ugly
    but he has shown loads of commitment anytime he's played (which isnt often enough) he deserves more playing time and he certainly doesnt deserve the slagging some on here target him for. i honestly dont think he would do worse than lucas and thats imho

Quote Originally Posted by LuisGarciasLittleMan View Post
    If they did they would be insane!!!

Chuffed for him though
    insane but rich

Graggster is offline Backing our Moderators since 1892
    ... Peter Schmeichel couldn't stop drooling over how well we played. He called our tempo "not for humans". A former Man Utd player but what an unbiased legend on TV.
    I´ve watched him a few times on Danish TV on champs league nights.. I think hes a secret LFC fan!

slimman is online now First team regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rafaslegend View Post
    does anyone think that is the first time because of injuries rafa has been able to play his first team this season!
    I'll have to check my list of line-ups (yes i am a geek that way) to see if that's right

There is nothing i can add about that performance, simply breath-taking.
    What pleases me even more is that in 180 minutes of football against the team with the biggest European pedigree, they scored none.

Come On You Reds

Mølby is great on Danish tv like that. He's supposed to be a neutral but he keeps saying "we" when he commentates Liverpool games.
    As it should be!

That was a team performance... there wasn't one stand out performance and therefore you can't pick one man of the match.

We just dismantled the most successful team in European history who before the two games against us, were on the ascendancy in their league and had won 9 games in a row, including being 6-1 ahead at half time against Betis. They are a free scoring attacking unit. They got 0. And according to the pundits, we are an overly cautious, negative team. We got 5. It will seem wrong and strange to some..... but true Liverpool fans already knew were we capable of this..... but it still hasn't sunk in that we have done it.

I have to add, it was a stroke of pure genius by Rafa to bring on Spearing when he did. The game had started going a bit flat, maybe fatigue was setting in and Real fancied getting at least one consolation goal. Bringing him on picked the crowd up and then the team followed suit. I thought all three subs were also very very solid when they came on. Spearing didn't look nervous at all. Lucas playing in a confident team with the crowd behind him looks a different player (take note "fans")... and Dossy put an extra bit of gloss on at the end.

10's across the board for everyone. Okay, okay, I will back down and give Masch, Reina, Gerrard, Torres and Rafa all 11/10.

Thank you once again Rafael Benitez and Liverpool Football Club for a very special European night. Now somebody hand the man a pen and put a contract in front of him.

I don't understand why people don't rate him. Apart from being rather ugly he's never played a poor game for us.
    I think t's because he still looks about twelve. He reminds me of mini-me when he plays agoaing full size footballers

Still, he did well tonight - and went towards proving that being a midget neednt be to high a hurdle (geddit) to him coming through as a top flight footballer.

Quote Originally Posted by RafaOUT View Post
    They were like Newcastle in the first half.

We showed we don't play negative football.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza74 View Post
    Totally well done.

I've been bigging this lad up on here for 2 years and even in the face off 'He's rubbish, he'll never make it'...........RUBBISH.

This lad has great ability. He's a good passer of the ball, can score goals and puts his foot in where it hurts to. He never gets phased by anything and will always do the job the manager asks of him.

He's only 5'6 but has the heart of a lion and he came on tonight and didn't look out of his depth at all and it didn't matter that the match was over, he still had to go out there and he wasnt in awe of anything.

Well done Jay and he defo has a future he IMO.
    same here gaz!!!

i've always said jayo could be our paul scholes, he's a smahing little player

Vanoord is offline Lock up your Alpacas
    I've been very lucky in the last few years: since Rafa Benitez joined the club, I've only missed one European match at Anfield - and that was Benfica.

There have been some massive results: the semi-finals against Chelsea, the magical evening against Olympiakos and a staggering first twenty minutes against Juventus. All these are nights to feel honoured to have witnessed.

Yet, whilst some of those nights were more important results; or were great escapes, I don't think any recent European home game has matched the result against Real Madrid as such an impressive overall team performance.

Make no mistake about it: this has been a legendary result. To beat the nine-times European champions by four goals is no mean achievement but when their goalkeeper was arguably man of the match, it illustrates how wide the gulf was.

And Liverpool's man of the match? Difficult to call: no one player could easily be plucked from the team; no one player was the reason why the match completed Real Madrid's heaviest defeat in a Champions League tie.

As an overall team performance, that has to rank as one of our very, very best in recent years at Anfield: after all, what's been better?

Vanoord is offline Lock up your Alpacas
    I've been waiting months for us to finally turn in a dominating performance and properly demolish someone. I was just expecting it to be someone like Newcastle, not Real Madrid...

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoord View Post
    I've been very lucky in the last few years: since Rafa Benitez joined the club, I've only missed one European match at Anfield - and that was Benfica.

There have been some massive results: the semi-finals against Chelsea, the magical evening against Olympiakos and a staggering first twenty minutes against Juventus. All these are nights to feel honoured to have witnessed.

Yet, whilst some of those nights were more important results; or were great escapes, I don't think any recent European home game has matched the result against Real Madrid as such an impressive overall team performance.

Make no mistake about it: this has been a legendary result. To beat the nine-times European champions by four goals is no mean achievement but when their goalkeeper was arguably man of the match, it illustrates how wide the gulf was.

And Liverpool's man of the match? Difficult to call: no one player could easily be plucked from the team; no one player was the reason why the match completed Real Madrid's heaviest defeat in a Champions League tie.

As an overall team performance, that has to rank as one of our very, very best in recent years at Anfield: after all, what's been better?
    brilliant assessment & comment Vanny mate...

nuff said...

Lemmo...

i still can't believe the performance we put in, amazing match

Casillas - This man for me was man of the Match.

If it wasn't for him Madrid would have lost by 8 goals.

Stunning win and a fantastic performance. Well done Rafa, the champions league is clearly your playground.

Oh what a night!!!! I wasn't lucky enough to get a ticket but I had my jersey on and tv up full poke to savour the anfield atmosphere.
    I was so excited from the kick off. What about Nandos turn, Cannavaro now you see him now you don't haha pure genius!!!! then Mascherano's attempt on goal what a strike.
    A great start to the game which set an unbelievable tempo for the rest of the match. Everytime we got the ball there was an air of excitement around anfield which I could feel coming through the tv.
    All great goals and every player in a Liverpool shirt done themselves proud and defo gave their fans something to cheer about.
    For this I thank you!!! PARA ELLO LE DOY LAS GRACIAS
    Well done lads lets continue this form for Saturday

FistofRage is online now First team regular
    The good old days

just found this forum, and was in another world just reading it - wish I remembered this...for a young fan matches like this seem a long way away in the future...

Dream on...

YNWA LFC

I'm choosing to bump this magical thread because I have a feeling next season there will be a few more.

geralion is online now Or a tiger they're almost as good
    Marcello pickking Messi's teeth out of his arm.. why was it in Messi's mouth?